Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Color: Aluminum|Size: Single|Change

Showing 1-10 of 3,555 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,190 reviews
I bought one of these and absolutely love it. It sprays evenly and doesn't take much to pump it. It saves me money, so I can just refill it with oil I have on hand instead of buying another $4 can. I'm going to buy a second one to put a lighter oil in for baking. I also like that it's a "green" product. I can reuse it for a long time, and don't have to worry about throwing away countless cans a year. BUT it tends to clog and deliver a stream of oil instead of a mist and needs to be cleaned. Just unscrew the sprayer, submerse it in water and pump water through it with the cap just as when you want to pump the sprayer up. This forces water through it and so far, it's done a good job for me. I also found that it helps to unscrew it just enough to release the pressure before storing. using olive oil is another reason to release the air. olive oil does not like air. When olive oil is exposed to heat, light, and air the valuable nutrients in the oil begin to oxidize and it will begin to lose its fruit flavors.
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2017
Quality has gone down for a while. The threaded top was mis-formed and wouldn't screw on evenly. I noticed when I took the top off after opening the package that it was askew and after trying to assemble it I had issues getting the threads started. After inspection I noticed the plastic cap and it's threads, which feels like it is made from harder, more brittle plastic, was mis-formed. The previous Misto we bought seemed to be made from a thinner or more soft aluminum than the previous which dented easily. This one, in addition to being thin and soft had issues with the plastic parts. I will not buy this again.
review image review image
on August 19, 2016
So far it works great, other reviewers complained about having to pump so much but it's not hard to pump at all and I just do it a bunch of times before using and get a great spray everytime. Make sure you only fill halfway and if you're not getting a good "pam-like" spray, then you need to pump it more.

The only con is it smelled horrendous upon opening. But cleaning as suggested fixed that right up. Half fill with water and a drop of soap then pump and spray it all out, repeat with clean water. I used a toothbrush to give the inside container a quick scrub, a bottle brush would also work.
on April 13, 2017
This never worked. I was very excited to give this to my wife to get her culinary expertise to the next level. She tried to use it and it never sprayed oil very well. It did, however, leak oil all over the cabinet where we kept it. It's hard to pressurize, and slippery from all the oil that oozes out over time.
on March 9, 2016
This olive oil sprayer has never worked. Misto needs to go back to the drawing board and redesign the sprayer. I had another Misto sprayer that I had trouble using. I contacted the company to get the instructions on how to operate it. It worked for about a year and then just quit working. Great concept, just wish it worked.
on June 5, 2016
I use different kinds of oil, depending on what I'm cooking or baking. I have 3 Mistos in different colors for different oils. For instance, I make popcorn by placing about a quarter cup of popping corn in a brown paper lunchbag, fold down top a couple of times, and then pop in the microwave. When it's done, I spray whatever kind of oil I want and use whatever kind of seasonings I want. I also spray my salads with oil rather than poring it on because it does a much better job of coating the whole salad rather than saturating it. I could go on and on with all the different ways the Misto makes meal prep easier( I show them to friends when they stop by). I plan on getting a couple more because I like trying different flavors of oil, and of course I'll order them from Amazon because I can find the different colors there( could only find one color at stores) and Amazon pricing is lower.
on May 3, 2016
This product is Amazing and money saving. Easy to use, never waste money on individual cans of baking or cooking spray again. I have 2 of these one I put my Olive oil in for baking and cooking the other I have combo Vinegar/Olive oil for salad spritz. I save so much money not wasting Olive oil using these Misto sprayers.
on June 13, 2017
A superb product. Sprays evenly. Beautiful design, love the modern feel of the brushed aluminium. Depending on the viscosity of the oil sometimes the spray doesn't come out quite as well. I use it with canola and olive oil blend--not really good for garnishing, but a good light pan frying blend. I've been using this to reduce the oil that I have to coat the pan with and it works very well. Be sure to clean up after use, sometimes there is oil drippage (minor). Also be sure to unscrew to release pressure after use.

I took off one star because it is impossible to store it without pressuring it, if only slightly. When closing the cap you also put in a little pressure but I doubt that'll harm it much although I'm no engineer. Be careful when spraying, sometimes there is lots of oil vapor and that's definitely not recommended to breathe in!
on November 29, 2014
I bought one, filled it with olive oil and it worked wonderfully. I bought two more to use with other oils and neither one worked. One had a clogged sprayer (which did not unclog when I tried the method described in the reviews) and the other simply held no pressure. I put in olive oil to see if the oil was the problem, but there was no change. I moved the unclogged sprayer to the bottle that held pressure, and it still didn't work...it simply didn't spray at all. The original that worked still does, but if only 1/3 of the items work then this item is made with very poor quality control.
on June 27, 2017
Just as a replacement for a aerosal spray can of grease, its fine. However, I had heard hype that this would replace many other uses of olive oil, and we'd end up using much less oil. But after trying it a few times eg. for roasted veggies, I'm going back to pouring on oil and tossing. (a) If you use the Misto, you get tons of oil in the air and you end up inhaling it and (b) guess what, the veggies actually taste better if you use more olive oil.

This is a bit unfair, I know, since I'm judging against hype I had heard, not from how the product advertises itself, but I thought others might hear the same thing.