Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 13, 2013
I bought all the following items. I’ll list the items in order of the BRIGHEST top down. I’ve taken a picture of these products, located at: http://i44.tinypic.com/beep9h.jpg
Hopefully Amazon doesn’t remove the link.

Energizer Solar Rechargeable 3-LED Carabiner Crank Light - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JILY9G/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1. This is the brightest little solar/crank flashlight I bought. It’s durable and did I say it’s the brightest? This is worth your purchase.

21st CG 6019 Waterproof Hand Crank and Solar Flashlight - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008475HEU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. This is the next brightest crank flashlight. And the best part(s) is it’s waterproof AND solar. This is worth your purchase.

Ambient Weather WR-111B Emergency Solar Hand Crank AM/FM/NOAA Digital Radio, Flashlight, Cell Phone Charger with NOAA Certified Weather Alert & Cables - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071BTJPI/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. This is nice to have for emergencies. The light is still not as bright as the two above it. However, for what it does, I give it give stars. This is worth your purchase.

Ambient Weather WR-089 Compact Emergency Solar Hand Crank AM/FM/NOAA Weather Radio, Flashlight, Smart Phone Charger with Cables - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004068AWU/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1. This thing works as advertised. It is the little brother of the WR-111B model. It’s not as bright, but is smaller in size.

Energizer Weatheready 3-LED Carabineer Rechargeable Crank Light, Red - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MFK7BS/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1. This decently bright, but the solar paneled version is anywhere from 50% to 100% brighter.

Garrity Power Lite 3 LED Crank Light - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001L1RU8C/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. In my opinion, this is not worth it. It is big and bulky, and the light is not as bright as others. For your money, you are better off buying other products.

2pc Wind-Up Flashlight Set - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XU7G6Q/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1. These items are good to have only as a backup. Throw them in your car or something. However, if you have a few more bucks, spending it on a better product like the solar powered Energizer one is a better idea. These flashlights are weak and very slippery. They can easily fall out of your hands.
33 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Guitaron October 12, 2017
I bought these to keep in my motorcycle saddle bags in case of emergencies. Thankfully, none have happened, but I can say that these lights will hold a charge for a decent amount of time- There's been a couple of times where I've been working in the garage, needed a flashlight, and just grabbed one of these out of the bike's bags.

Why did I choose these? Two reasons: 1. They're compact, so they don't take up a lot of valuable space in my bike's bags 2. I don't have to worry about getting stranded, only to find my flashlights have dead batteries.

I just hope these are at least somewhat durable. I haven't dropped them, but time will tell. I know I could have bought a more durable flashlight, but I've had durable flashlights die on me from a short drop. So for the price, and the compact size, I'll take my chances with these.
on October 6, 2017
I bought these flashlights as emergency light for our vehicles. They hold a charge for a prettily long time, considering they're wind up. I've only had to wind them once so far and I've used them several times. They are not super bright, not even close to a conventional flashlight, but I paid less than $10 for 2, so I'm more than satisfied. 4/5 stars only because I wish they were brighter, but they are definitely a must have for emergencies.
on May 10, 2014
What is there to say other then that? I purchased them to put in my travel bag & in the car for use in an emergency, and when I attempted to charge the first one using the crank, after I cranked it I'd say 5-6 rotations, the linkage between the handle & the charge mechanism broke! Making it utterly useless! I sent them back!
on November 26, 2013
i bought a wind up flashlight similar to these not to long ago and decided to buy a few more and bought these. we took them to the philippines with us because were my wife is from they often have blackouts for a few hours at a time. on a good 60 second wind these things last forever! i wound mine up and had time to walk around the house a little to prepare everything i needed to take a shower( of course there wasnt any running water so i had collect a bucket of water, get my clothes etc.) then had time to take a shower with it on the whole time so i could see what i was doing and then used it off and on for the rest of the outage without ever having to wind it on the single light setting. these things have a one bulb setting and a three bulb setting. of course if you use all three bulbs it is brighter but uses more battery. i only used the one bulb and it was bright enough. these are great for camping, keeping in your vehicle if you have to change a tire or anything at night or just for emergency uses. i have only had them for a about 2 months now and havent used them much more since are back in the states. i will report back soon to give an update on the longivity of the battery pack. until then i recommend these to anyone
on April 5, 2016
One arrived broken and the other is not particularly easy to wind up. Cheap materials and bad quality.
on May 30, 2017
These are cool. You crank them a few times, they work for a while, then you crank again. Nice for emergencies.
on October 10, 2017
After about 3 months it is no longer holding charge. Really like this product due to the small form. Disappointed
on January 25, 2012
It is compact and very handy. The crank is not so smooth and noisy. The crank handle slots in nicely when not used. It is made of cheap plastic.. no rubber used.. but grips nicely in my palm. Size of a cell phone though twice as thick but fits in your pocket. One switch operation. You can either switch on 1 center LED or all three LEDS.
Operating sequence:
Press to ON 1 LED --- then press to OFF --- again press to ON 3 LED --- then press to OFF

It is cheap and works nicely for the price. I bought two of these for 11.5$ whereas I bought one Wind n Go flashlight for 13$. If you are looking for quality go for more expensive Wind n Go flashlight.
on January 30, 2015
For the price, I am very pleased with these flashlights. Great items for an emergency kit, hiking/camping, or even more regular use.
The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because they seem a bit flimsy... not sure how these would hold up if they were dropped on a hard surface. There also isn't a lanyard or any way to tie them to something.
But after only 30 seconds to 1 minute of winding, these things provide a good amount of light. Not extremely bright, but comparable to your average household flashlight. And you don't have to worry about batteries.
I would definitely recommend this item.