- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Mitsubishi Diamond Series WD-82838 82-Inch 3D DLP HDTV
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Measures 73.2 x 48.5 x 22.7 inches with stand; Energy Star 4.0 qualified
- 4 HDMI, 2 component, 2 composite, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 optical digital audio output, 1 subwoofer output
- Utilizes the same core DLP technology that powers the vast majority of 3D Cinemas
- 82-inch DLP HDTV with intensely vivid 2D and fully immersive 3D viewing
- Smooth120 technology for more fluid, natural motion
- 82-inch DLP HDTV with intensely vivid 2D and fully immersive 3D viewing; StreamTV Internet Media access
- Utilizes the same core DLP technology that powers the vast majority of 3D Cinemas
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Mitsubishi
- Model Number: WD82838
- Display Technology: DLP
- Display Size: 82 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:09
3D Technology Checklist
This product is 3D-related. To help you get a great 3D experience, use our checklist below to ensure that you have everything you need. If you have any questions or want to learn more about 3D, we invite you to visit 3D 101--our center for everything 3D. To get started with 3D, please ensure that you have:
A DisplayThe first--and most important--item you'll need is a 3D-ready display--whether it be a 3D HDTV, 3D projector, or 3D computer monitor. These displays usually have a higher processing power than older models as they need to display one image for each eye to create a 3D effect.
A SourceWhile your display is ready for 3D playback, you still need a device to read 3D content (i.e., a movie or a show). This source can be a cable box with a subscription to a 3D channel, a 3D Blu-ray Disc player, or a PlayStation 3.
ContentIn order to watch 3D, you will need to get some 3D content. This 3D content will come from the source mentioned above in the form of a 3D program, movie, or game. Please ensure that your 3D movies are in the Blu-ray 3D format, as this new format will provide the best 3D experience.
3D GlassesAll 3D HDTVs on the market require Active Shutter glasses to create the 3D effect. You will need to buy one pair of glasses for each viewer. Also make sure that the Active Shutter glasses you buy are compatible with your display--for example, buy the glasses from the same brand as your 3D HDTV.
HDMI CableTo connect your source (such as a 3D Blu-ray Disc player) to your display, you'll need a hgh-speed HDMI cable. Cables with this designation--with bandwidth speeds up to 10.2 Gbps (gigabits per second)--will be able to carry the 3D signal without any loss of quality.
The world's largest 3D Ready HDTV for the home, Mitsubishi's 82-inch Diamond Series WD-82838 1080p DLP Home Cinema HDTV offers almost four times the viewing area of a small screen 42-inch flat panel TV. Utilizing the same core DLP technology is used in the vast majority of 3D movie theaters, DLP technology is up to 1,000 times faster than LCD technology--providing for a more realistic, sharper 2D and 3D viewing experience. It comes equipped with 3D-ready viewing technology, providing the best option for enjoying 3D content in the home.
This 838 Series HDTV also provides concert quality sound in your home without the clutter of separate home theater components. Mitsubishi's innovative Immersive Sound Technology features 16 speakers built into the bottom of the front bezel directs perfectly balanced audio waves to reproduce 5.1 surround sound. It also includes Mitsubishi's Smooth 120 Hz technology for more fluid, natural and smoother fast moving images and x.v.Color--a new industry standard for HD Color, co-developed by Mitsubishi)
Other features include StreamTV Internet Media (with access to the VUDU HD movie rental site and more), four HDMI inputs, USB port for viewing photos and listening to music, and wireless Internet capabilities (using optional adapter).
- 82-inch Digital Light Processing (DLP) panel uses Texas Instruments Digital Light Processing technology for rear-projection TVs to create the picture you see on screen.
- 3D TV: Experience the new 3D technologies applied to many recent movies and video games. Immerse yourself in your favorite video game, movie, or sporting event displayed in 3D (requires optional 3D eyewear).
- 1080p Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) Mitsubishi's Plush1080p upscaling.Mitsubishi's Dark Detailer (applied on left) provides added depth.
- StreamTV Internet Media access provides instant access to an extensive library of high-quality entertainment and social media content. Grab your remote and choose from over 100 different streaming applications, including VUDU HD movie rentals, Pandora, Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, Twitter, Associated Press, The New York Times and more. VUDU Movies features the world's largest catalog of HD movies with more than 3,000 movies, and its HDX video format is the only streaming 1080p HD video with high resolution 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus surround sound available directly on Internet-connected televisions.
- Plush1080p 5G 12-Bit video processing converts lower-resolution signals to 1080p to eliminate jagged pixelated imagery.
- Smooth120 technology for more fluid, natural motion from fast-moving video such as sports, action movies, and more.
- 6-Color Processor takes the three primary colors (red, green, and blue) of the video signal and extracts three secondary colors (cyan, yellow, magenta) in order to individually process each color for greater accuracy.
- Dark Detailer provides enhanced contrast and black levels. It allows a wider palette of dark gray shades, giving a realistic sense of depth to the picture.
- DeepField imager constantly adjusts panel brightness and contrast to optimize the picture.
- EdgeEnhance technology enhances horizontal and vertical edges for a more precise picture with minimum distortion.
- PerfectColor and PerfectTint functionality gives you far more control over your on-screen picture with six independent color and tint adjustments to help you dial in the perfect picture.
- ISFccc advanced video adjustments contain the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing.
- Immersive Sound Technology with 16 intelligent speakers (producing 32 total watts of power) that direct perfectly balanced audio waves beside and behind the user to reproduce 5.1 surround sound and create an unparalleled entertainment experience. Through the use of an advanced algorithm, the sound technology delays the sound beams and projects them independently from the 16 speakers at varying intervals, to create fully immersive surround sound.
- Dolby Digital 5.1 sound processing
- Integrated HDTV tuner receives both over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (received via an antenna) and non-scrambled digital cable broadcasts, including non-scrambled HDTV cable programming.
- HDMI Control (CEC): HDMI devices with Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) capabilities may be compatible with the TV's HDMI Control feature. Compatible devices can receive control signals through the HDMI connection, allowing the TV's remote control to operate some functions of these devices.
- Easy Connect function automatically recognizes when you plug in a device and prompts you to assign a name to it. The TV ignores any unused inputs, so the result is an uncluttered menu where you can easily find and select connected devices by name.
- Two USB ports enable you to play MP3 music and JPEG photo slideshows on this HDTV (one port provides accessory power only).
- Wired networking via Ethernet port
- Bluetooth audio streaming lets you wirelessly stream audio from any Bluetooth A2DP device (such as an iTouch/iPhone or Blackberry) to your Unisen TV.
- Energy Star 4.0 qualified
|Connections ||Dimensions |
What's in the Box
|Series:||Unisen 154||Unisen 164||Unisen 265||3D Cinema 638||3D Cinema 738||3D Cinema 838||LaserVue|
|Panel type||LED LCD||LED LCD||LED LCD||DLP||DLP||DLP||DLP|
|Refresh Rate||True120Hz||True120Hz||True240Hz||120Hz Sub-Frame||Smooth120||Smooth120||Smooth120|
|Bluetooth Music Streaming||--||--||--||--|
|Immersive Sound Technology||Yes, 12 speakers||Yes, 16 speakers||Yes, 18 speakers||--||--||Yes, 16 speakers||--|
|StreamTV Internet Media||--|
|PerfectColor & PerfectTint||--||--||--||--|
|iPhone Remote Control app||--||--||--||--||--||--|
|Component input |
(Y, PB, PR)
|Wired IR input||--||--||--||--|
|MP3 and JPEG playback||--||--|
|Energy Star 4.0|
Internet-ready TVs use your broadband connection to deliver dynamic content, whether it's streaming video from Netflix, new music from Pandora, or a quick glance at today's weather forecast.
Although there is overlap, each manufacturer offers a unique bundle of free or paid services, including streaming video and music, social networking apps, online photo galleries, news and financial updates, weather info, sports scores, and a variety of other smartphone-like applications.
Manufacturers continue to add new content to their offerings, keeping customers current through firmware updates, and making a bit of research a prudent step in your buying decision.
Learn more about Internet TVs, how they work, what services are offered by different manufacturers, and exactly what you'll need to get started at our Internet TV 101 customer center.
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
Here are my Advanced Settings:
Picture Mode = ADV
Deep Field Imager = ON
Super Resolution = HIGH
Edge Enhance = ON
Video Noise = HIGH
Brightness = 45
Contrast = 60
Color = 31
Tint = 31
Sharpness = 10
Gamma = 2.2
Red High = 933
Green High = 970
Blue High = 1023
Red Low = -1
Green Low = 1
Blue Low = -1
Blue Only = OFF (obviously)
Red Adjust = 16, 0, 0
Green Adjust = 0, 17, 0
Blue Adjust = 0, 0, 15
Magenta Adjust = 16, 5, 15
Cyan Adjust = 0, 20, 15
Yellow Adjust = 15, 15, 0
Film Mode = AUTO
Smooth 120 = ON
Lamp Energy = STANDARD
This will give you a very good picture for just about every type of video, TV show, movie, DVD, etc.
UPDATE: Many people ask me what stand I use, as picture height is a concern w/ a screen this size. I'm very satisfied with & recommend the Plateau CRX-2V64. You can google it or try Stands Online.
I am using the Oppo bdp-93 Blu-ray player for Blu-ray and 3D content and it is just amazing. The color is excellent and you feel as if you are right there in the action. The Mitsu..82838 supports 36 bit "Deep Color" as does my Oppo bdp-93 Blu-ray. With them both set to 36bit "Deep Color" it is truily a "Breathtaking" experience. Watch Avatar with this player and this Tv and you will see what I mean. TV's like these are never done justice in the store because they aren't usually set up right and most are placed on stande then on a shelf and you end up looking up at them making the picture less pleasing than at proper seating level.
I personally don't like the LED tv's at the store. Most Tv stores have the Tv's refresh rate turned up so high that every movie that I have ever seen on them looks fake. When a picture is literally clearer than reel life it takes the "realism" out of the movie. Its a bit hard to explain..maybe its just me :)
I purchased the optional WiFi adaptor and It works great, I just hope they add YouTube support to their list.
The 16 speaker sound bar on the Diamond searies gives programing an excellent surround affect. I also like the fact that the Tv has a sub input on the back so you can get that needed bass lift. The Tv has the option of using the Tv's sound bar as the center channel speaker in a surround setup via the "Line Out" outputs.
Included with the Tv is a Microphone to calibrate the sound bar.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Did not last. Bulb went out within 1. Year and the TV was hardly used.Published 19 months ago by monique anglada
We got this to watch the Bears in the Super Bowl! Ok, they didn't make it but we kept the TV anyway. The picture is awesome and video games are clear and crisp! Read morePublished on June 15, 2013 by Randy Bales
I've had this tv for over a year and it has the best picture of any I've ever seen. I love the many features including the HDMI Imputs as well as the sound quality. Read morePublished on February 23, 2013 by Raymond C. Stockard
This TV Sells for under 1,850 or so. Price raised for Holidays ??? Bought the first bulky 82 inch from here earlier this year-NEVER mentioned that the thin one was coming out-in... Read morePublished on December 19, 2012 by Raven
We've had this TV just over a year. So far, we love a lot about it. The picture is great. It completely fills in our bay window in our family's play room, so that worked out well... Read morePublished on December 2, 2012 by LadyB
I PURCHASED THIS UNIT, THE 82838, THRU AMAZON OF COURSE, 2 YEARS AFTER A PREVIOUS PURCHASE OF THE MITSUBISHI 55 INCH UNIT, 55142, I BELIEVE, ALSO WITH THE ASSOCIATED 16 SPEAKER... Read morePublished on September 2, 2012 by ALLAN AVBEL MD
I ordered the 82838 from PaulsTV on a Friday evening. I received the 82842 from PaulsTV on Monday afternoon. Read morePublished on August 16, 2012 by Shane H.
The one that sell this is fantastic. They called the very same day to tell me it was packed, We live about 3000 miles away. Read morePublished on June 19, 2012 by D. Hamilton