The Mitsubishi WD-57731 Digital Cable Ready HDTV combines the TurboLight150 lamp system and the latest 1080p DLP chip to produce a big, bright and bold picture with unsurpassed detail. At its heart is an exclusive Mitsubishi 1080p light engine, the first to offer Mitsubishi's 6-Primary Color System. This proprietary Mitsubishi digital light engine provides the perfect picture, whether watching broadcast, cable or satellite TV, as well as DVD or video games. Mitsubishi's Plush 1080p allows for precise deinterlacing and upconversion to 1080p. Watch TV your way with Mitsubishi's ClearThought Easy Connect which recognizes inputs as they are plugged in, to simplify set-up and day-to-day operation. Also included are two HDMI inputs, two component inputs, PC DVI-I input and IEEE 1394 for maximum connectivity.
Mitsubishi amps up your home theater viewing experience with the 57-inch WD-57731 1080p digital light projection (DLP) television, which combines the TurboLight150 lamp system and the latest 1080p DLP chip to produce a big, bright and bold picture with unsurpassed detail. Because 1080p provides twice the resolution of the high definition 720p or 1080i displays found in most HDTVs today, you'll get more vivid pictures--no matter the scene or content. It delivers stunningly detailed images thanks to the high-speed Plush1080p video processor (with a 6-segment, 10,800 RPM color wheel), which up-converts 1080i signals to 1080p producing four times the resolution of traditional line doublers. The WD-57731 also features a cabinet with a simple, clean design with a compact footprint that will fit virtually any home theater furnishings without taking up a lot of space.
It includes dual HD tuners, a QAM tuner that's fully compatible with unscrambled HDTV cable reception, and a wide variety of digital inputs (including two HDMI, three component, and a Firewire port). And the set's CableCARD port means the set will also receive digital cable television systems services directly from a compatible cable operator without requiring a bulky, external cable box.
The WD-57731 has a 1920 x 1080-pixel resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, and compatibility with 480i/480p/720p/1080i video sources. It includes six 4:3 aspect ratio modes and two aspect ratio modes from 16:9 sources. Other convenience features include color temperature controls, full-screen image freeze, two tuner picture-in-picture (PIP), split screen, V-Chip parental controls, and a sleep timer.
It pumps out audio via its integrated 20-watt speaker system (10 watts per two channels) and also offers Mitsubishi's Level Sound Dynamics Limiter features, which evens out the sound of programs--even during loud commercial breaks. The IEEE 1394 (also known as Firewire or i.Link) multimedia connection provides simple, high-bandwidth, real-time audio, video and data networking between this Mitsubishi TV and digital video camcorders and compatible PC systems, enabling you to record SD or HD digital video with plug-and-play ease. This set features the following video and audio connections:
- Composite AV (RCA): 3 in (1 front), 1 out
- S-Video: 3 in (1 front)
- Component Video: 2 in
- HDMI: 2 in (with 2 audio inputs)
- RF: 2 in
- PC DVI: 1 in
- Analog audio output: 1
- Digital audio output: 1 (Coaxial)
- Firewire: 2
- CableCARD: 1
Proprietary Mitsubishi Features
This television includes several exclusive Mitsubishi technologies that enhance its picture as well as ease of use.
- Most important is Mitsubishi's Plush 1080p collection of imaging technologies, which up-convert lower quality images from every video source--analog and digital broadcasts, DVD players, digital cable and satellite, game consoles--to HD quality. And for a 1080p HDTV like this model, even the high quality 720p and 1080i HDTV signals being broadcast need to be reformatted. The Plush 1080p feature set scales the picture precisely, with minimal side effects. And 1080i, currently the most common form of HDTV signal, is spectacular at 1080p.
- Rather than provide standard color and tint controls, Mitsubishi's PerfectColor technology enables you to adjust the screen's color palette with six independent color controls (magenta, red, yellow, green, cyan, and blue).
- The patented 150-watt TurboLight lamp system focuses light more efficiently onto the DLP chip to improve image brightness 10 percent over conventional lamp systems.
- Mitsubishi's 4D Video Noise Reduction system provides a cleaner, clearer picture from nearly any source by analyzing multiple frames to identify and remove video noise or snow caused by distortions in the video signal. This effectively keeps detail in the foreground and eliminates background noise, even in fast moving scenes.
- Finally, the ClearThought set of features includes all-digital audio output (which converts analog audio signals to digital audio) and the NetCommand single-remote control home theater operation system (which allows you to set up and control components using simple on-screen icons). It also provides the TV Guide On Screen 8-day program guide system, which makes it easy to sort through all the television listings to find your favorite channels.
Digital Cable Ready
You can connect your cable television directly from the wall to this DLP TV without going through a cable box to receive all of your cable channels, including premium channels, and get an even better picture by doing so. This set has a slot on the back for a CableCARD, a device that descrambles subscribed channels. With the CableCARD (available from your local cable TV company), the TVÕs internal tuner will tune directly to the subscribed cable channels, eliminating the need for a separate cable box.
When a digital cable TV channel is received via the CableCARD, it is decoded and remains a digital video signal all the way to the screen. Standard-definition digital channel signals are up-converted by the advanced processing capability in the set (see more about the Plush imaging feature below), giving it an HD-quality picture. The resulting image has the best possible quality, with maximum bandwidth, and minimal noise and distortion.
What's in the Box
DLP TV, multibrand NetCommand remote control (with 2 AA batteries), IR emitter cable
One year on parts. One year on labor. Carry in service.