Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Chris young Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 17, 2014
I had a really bad experience with this TV and with Mitsubishi in general.

The TV worked well for close to a year and then developed problems due to a warping screen.

Mitsubishi sent an incompetent technician who took the TV, failed to repair the problem and gave it back to me with dead pixels!

After many months, Mitsubishi exchanged it for another model of the same line... Same problem!

The people I talked to said it was a problem with all those Mitsubishi TVs because the screens weren't rigid enough.

In the end, the biggest mistake I made was to go through the Mitsubishi customer service people rather than complain to Amazon.

In the end, I still have the same warped screen and many hours talking to repairmen and Mitsubishi reps wasted.

Needless to say, I won't buy anything from Mitsubishi again!
on April 28, 2015
WOW, I am pleased beyond words. I wanted a larger TV, but this one for its size is remarkably clear and I enjoy seeing movies and live sports on this TV like it was the first time I ever viewed a TV. I a had this TV for sometime now, nearly 3 years, and I am not disappointed one bit. For some people it might aggravate them that when it is turned on it takes about 3 or 4 seconds before the program begins. This slight delay doesn't bother me for what I get when the program begins. Brilliance, Size, and Quality all in one size package. I would buy another one if this one ever quits. This big screen TV gives me everything I ever wanted, and I enjoy watching everything I see, and so do my family and guest.
on December 14, 2010
This is our first HDTV, and the selection process was a long one. Ours came from Modia, and while contact was great, shipping could have been better - the 'item has shipped' email was a few days premature, then after transit it sat for 3 more days in the local depot awaiting home delivery - shipping was free, and we live in a small community so I deducted no stars, but A-types may stress a bit waiting for the truck.

The screen is absolutely beautiful - specifically went this route to avoid reflective glare, and there is very little if any, despite it sitting beside a wall of floor to ceiling windows. Not as 'crisp' as smaller screen LEDs or even plasmas, but a quantum leap from our 12 year old Sony 60" projection (now a dedicated kid's TV in the playroom). Inputs adequate, but a front or side input would have been handy - it must be tabled, and once the shelves are full of gear it's not fun to move. Very light - TV itself easily moved by myself, but got some help to be safe. Setup is simple (relatively speaking) but not a lot of controls for tweaking, so that's a wash.

Only downside is the time it takes to obtain a new signal when switching inputs from BD to PS3 to DVR/Cable, but this is our first experience with a TV using HDMI inputs, so it's possible that they all take some time to handle the configurations. I've often gotten impatient and just set it to the new input source, turn it off and then back on - seems to speed things up. Another part of this is probably that I'm not allowed to turn off our cable box/DVR (God forbid one of my wife's shows doesn't record), and I think the multiple simultaneous HDMI sources causes some confusion internally.

Once the source is sorted, however, the picture is stunning. The 'brilliant' setting is over the top for me, so I generally try to leave it on 'standard' or even 'game' unless it's a predominantly dark movie, but even then, 'bright' is plenty. Blacks are VERY black; colors are good - too saturated on the higher settings in fact (more controls here would be great, but it is what it is). It does take some face time to initially get it set up the way you want it, but every new piece of equipment does. Motion blur was also a concern, but have not encountered anything noticeable. Sound from TV speakers is adequate, but nothing like through our AV surround system; for the news it's fine, but for a BD or PS3 game or HD content, you'd want a good surround setup - it makes a huge difference in the overall experience.

Got the free 3D setup from Mitsubishi, and wish the additional glasses weren't so expensive because 3D on this set is just incredible. I didn't think we would even use it, but after seeing it in person, it's like taking the step from standard resolution to HD all over again. You'd SWEAR you could reach into the picture and pull things out, but going back to regular broadcast quality is a huge letdown every time.

Overall, if it weren't for the delay in source switching, I'd easily have gone 5 stars. It's not an LED or plasma, but then again, the bulbs are only $99 every couple years and it will still be as bright and rich in 10 years as it is now while the LCD/plasma/LED panels will have faded permanently, and there's zero chance of burn-in from "someone" pausing something and walking away (possibly until the next day). Square trade DOES cover bulbs, so if you time it right, you wouldn't have to buy one out of pocket for 6 or more years. You can buy a TON of bulbs for 2 grand, btw.

Bang for the buck is unbeatable - I tried for months.

It's probably not healthy to love 'things' but everyone in this house (8 votes) crowds around and argues over this set 18 hours a day, seven days a week. Take a number (between 2 and 8 - 1 is permanently reserved)!
on June 22, 2011
The TV is great. I agree with other reviews regarding sound quality being poor- a surround sound system is strongly recommended. Delivery was a day early. BUT the price jumps around a lot on this TV. The day after delivery, the price dropped another $50. Despite immediately initiating the Amazon process to request a credit/refund, Amazon refused stating that the price had gone back up before they had a chance to verify the lower price.

Next time, I'll just buy a new TV at the lower price and ship the original TV back. (This also extends the price guarantee to 30 days.) It doesn't make much sense to me that Amazon would prefer to pay to ship a new TV to me and pay for the return of the original, but that's the system that Amazon set up!
VINE VOICEon December 2, 2010
I had the older Mitsubishi 65 inch that I paid about the same price for. It was a great tv and at the time it was considerbly cheaper than the competition. Size was my main concern because it was going in my game room that had a large wall that I was trying to fill up. My tv had a solid picture and good sound, I was really happy with it and felt I made a great purchase. Than at the 4 year mark my tv started getting lines in the picutes and the quality was so bad that I could not watch tv for more than 10 minutes without getting a headache. I did some research and found out that this was a common problem and that it would cost me way too much to fix as I would need also need a replacement bulb in the future (note this tv was lucky to get 10 hours a month use).

I started my search for a replacement tv and several dealers told me that the Mitsubishi tvs always have problems after several years. My coworker had to replace her Mitsubhishi after 4 years as well. So the question is why would I buy another Mitsubishi? The simple answer is that this tv is a great value, the picture is incredible and for size there is nothing else comprabable. My thought is that if I get 4 years out of it and replace it again it will still cost me less than a Sony (which i own two of but smaller models and they are in rooms that the tv is watched constantly). So the cost was the main factor and once again i am really happy with the tv, i keep my fingers crossed that it will last more than 4 years but even if it does not I still have a great tv and to replace it is still cheaper than buying a Sony. In addition I have lots of components that I plug into the tv and there are more than enough outlets for me (my sony is limited into how many items I can plug into).

So if you ar looking for a 65 inch tv and want a great picture and how long the tv will last is not a top concern than the Mitsubhishi is the tv for you. If you are looking for a tv that will last you a lifetime than my advice is try a Sony but remember in 5 years from now the technology is going to be better and you will want a new tv anyways.
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2017
for the price, best!
on December 20, 2010
I originally had this TV on order from Best Buy for $1299 but on black Friday, Amazon had it for $809.99 with free shipping so I sent Best Buy to the curb.

I have yet to do anything 3D regarding this TV as I'm not into 3D all that much but will eventually as I see more of the TV technology unfold. I bought it more because of the SIZE and quality of normal HD viewing.

Needless to say, I'm not disappointed at all. I haven't made any picture adjustments yet and out of the box, my blu-ray and HD cable looking nothing short of amazing. Even the WII at 480i looks great. All my friends that paid thousands for their plazma's that will just be crap in a few years are jealous when they see the picture and hear what I paid for the TV, and knowing I will get much more longevity out of mine than their plasma's.

I'm not one that likes big fancy, 100 button remotes. The remote is pretty basic but it does what I need it to do so I'm fine with it. As with most TV's the base sound from their factory speakers are pretty weak and again, I didn't expect them to compliment the picture, no TV sound ever does. I already had surround sound and in a matter of minutes, I had awesome sound and picture!

I can only imagine how much better the picture will get once I started tweaking a few settings but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone who feels it may suite their needs. As I mentioned, I don't really care about the 3D aspect so this review doesn't reflect any thoughts on it. Again, I wanted SIZE and a great HD picture and I got both!

Be hesitant of people griping about the 3D aspect of this TV. I'm one who feels there are a lot of people who want the latest and greatest but don't educate themselves enough to utilize the technology to it's fullest and research what they need before going out and buying something.
on April 15, 2011
Wow. My Blu ray and HD-DVD collection has come to life. Every night I get to combine this beautiful television with my near field surround system and experience the movies! Donnie Yen has never kicked so well. This is not my first HD TV at all. I've been on board from the beginning.

I do not care about 3D at all, so the half scan resolution when in 3D mode doesn't affect me. I bought this to have a BIG TV and that's what I got. After calibrating it with the Spears & Munsil Blu ray calibration disc, I have experienced what I feel is actually a better experience than I get at the movie theater. I have the TV precisely 1.5 times the screen width away from my center sofa. The screen actually takes up two thirds of everything in site horizontally when properly distanced.

I've seen some purchaser reviews disparaging the clarity and color of the TV. The television looks amazing. I have compared it to plasma screens and although I do like the smoothness of plasma, I chose this Tv instead. The size can't be beat. Especially at this price. I've only owned it for two weeks now. I'm aware that I'll have to replace the bulb occasionally. A friend of mine has a 60 inch DLP and he watches it about 60 hours a week. It took him three years for the bulb to require replacing. He said it was simple and the bulbs are only $100 now. The choice is yours. The Mitsubishi really has cleaner blacks than the LCD does but is more susceptible to ambient light glare.

The television responds much faster than the LCD TV when playing video games. I have a PS3, Wii and 360 in my living room. Although the Wii is not HD, the refresh rate of DLP, and of this Tv specifically, is much more efficient than LCD models and as a result the wii remote feels more responsive. Twitch games like Contra: Rebirth and Hardcorps: Uprising benefit from this lack of unintentional motion blur too. Games like Transformers: War for Cybertron and Dead Space I'm able to play without cranking the contrast now. I used to have to turn the backlight up to maximum to be able to see into the dark areas of my LCD TV. No more.

I'm a happy camper and I continue to be amazed when I turn the TV on.
on November 19, 2010
This will be short and sweet. I purchased this Tv a couple of weeks ago. Great TV. This morning I hooked up my 3D starter kit and my PS3. The 3D quality of this is phenomenal. It's as good as what I've seen in the theater. The best thing is Mitsubishi DLP is the same tech they use in theaters. It's also less expensive than the other brands. So if you're thinking about getting into 3D, I highly suggest Mitsubishi. I have seen Samsung, Sony and Panasonic 3D TV's and the only one that's as good and maybe slightly better is the Panasonic(but it has a higher price tag too). If you own a PS3, it's 3D ready so you don't need to buy a 3D blu ray player. This is definitely the way to go. You will not be disappointed....
on December 20, 2010
I've had this tv for a few days now. I had a scheduled delivery between 9-12 in the morning and I got a call from the driver about 9:15 and it was in my house by 10. So delivery was A+! It came shipped nice and neat, just like you would get it from the back of your local store. I had a 42" lcd that I paid over $800 for a couple years ago, and to think I only paid $1099 for this 65" and have it delivered to my doorstep for free is insane. The picture quality is great, I did some tweaking to the settings and I think I have it about right (will be glad to share my settings). Setup was simple, I named my two HDMI inputs for my Cable Box and PS3 and I was ready to go. Im sure if you put a top of the line LED/LCD beside it, it may not be quite as good but the picture is great.... Blu-Ray is amazing, I have a surround sound so I turned out the lights, turned up the sound and I thought I was watching THE TOWN in the movie theater. It's suprisingly lightweight, and it's really hard to notice the "back" it has unless you stand right beside it. When you factor in size, price & quality this is a no-brainer.