Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6 reviews
on September 2, 2012
I need to say first that this book is not what I expected based on the title. What I was expecting was a collection of speeches and writings by Mitt Romney. But "Mitt Romney in His Own Words" is both less and more than that.

It consists of numerous short snippets -- usually just a few sentences -- pulled from Romney's speeches, interviews, and debates (plus a few things he has in print), arranged topically. Thus, under the heading "Israel," we have two quotations, each about 40 words long, one from a press release on May 18, 2011, and the other from a Dec. 7, 2011, speech to the Republican Jewish Coalition.

The book is well organized, with the individual topics grouped thematically into seven chapters and arranged alphabetically within each chapter. In the Kindle edition, each individual topic is linked from the table of contents, so that if you want to read what he's said about, e.g., the flat tax, you can easily go straight there. The source and date of each quotation is provided immediately after it. (Most are from within the past six years.)

The approach seems to be very evenhanded. Grammatical flubs in quotations have not been cleaned up, aside from the insertion of a word now and then in brackets when necessary for comprehension. Also, on occasion, a short introduction to a quotation is provided, to put it in context. When, on a few topics, Romney has said seemingly inconsistent things, the author lets the quotations speak for themselves.

One further point: The product description says the print version is 224 pages long. That's a bit misleading, because the print version contains a lot of white space. This book can be comfortably read straight through in one or two sittings.
on August 27, 2014
I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost. I read this and then Mitt lost.
on August 12, 2012
This book is straight forward and informative. It does not hide the fact that on some issues Mitt Romney's views have changed over time. This is honest. It is not a character flaw. Mitt Romney is a problem-solver and a person of integrity.
on June 12, 2012
The scope and breadth of quotes by Mitt Romney in this book is huge. You'll hear about his views on former presidents such as George W. Bush, serious issues such as education, immigration and military policy and even some light hearted reflections on subjects like food. The aforementioned is only a tiny sampling of the broad array of subjects this book provides.

Whether or not Mitt Romney if elected will actually implement the policies he espouses in the quotes in this book remains to be seen. However, if your objective is to learn more about Mitt Romney and his policies based on what he's said in the past, this book is excellent.
on December 2, 2013
It just confirmed to me what a good man and great leader he would have been as president. A businessman, a man of experience, would have been better for the U. S.
on December 18, 2012
...high school hall display for the November election. Needed a couple Romney books and this and another I got from another source were just what I needed.