|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||13 x 12 x 3 inches|
|Item model number||MV4560|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||MV4560|
|Cover Included||Mityvac Selectline hand pressure pump with 2 in. (50 mm) diameter gauge, Small bayonet test adapter (deep), Small bayonet test adapter (shallow), Large bayonet test adapter, GM/Ford test adapter, Small bayonet cap test adapter, Large Bayonet/GM/Ford cap test adapter, Connection hose, Compression nut, owners manual|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Auto Parts Protection Planfrom Assurant
- PLAN STARTS: Plans start date of purchase. Coverage for mechanical breakdowns begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- COVERAGE DETAIL: 100% functional parts and labor included on products used for normal use, including mechanical and electrical failures, for parts purchased on Amazon within the last 30 days.
- PLAN BENEFITS: $0 deductible and no hidden fees. Fully transferable if bought as a gift. Not valid on auto parts purchased for commercial use.
- FILING A CLAIM: Easy claims process online 24/7. Visit assurant360claims.com. We’ll fix it, replace it or send you an Amazon gift card up to the price you paid for your product.
- HOW TO CANCEL: Cancel anytime, full refund within the first 30 days (less any claims paid). To cancel, visit "Your Orders" on Amazon.com and click "Return or Replace Item" next to the protection plan.
Mityvac MV4560 Automotive Radiator/Cooling System Pressure Test Kit, Contains Adapters to Test Most U.S. and Asian Cars, Light Trucks and European Vehicles
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$12.48 (21%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Economical, accurate and simple method to find common causes of overheating
- Pinpoints external leaks caused by loose clamps or leaky hoses, connectors, water pumps or radiators
- Diagnoses internal leaks caused by a blown head gasket or damaged block or head
- Tests radiator and coolant bottle caps to ensure they are maintaining the correct pressure
- Contains adapters to test the cooling system and caps of most U. S. and Asian cars and light trucks, as well as many European vehicles
- Application-specific adapters fit the radiator or coolant bottle like the original cap
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Mityvac is a brand of automotive diagnostic and service repair tools since 1971. Beginning with the design and patent of a single hand-held vacuum pump intended for medical applications, its uses broadened to include automotive diagnostics and service as well as industrial and consumer applications. The Mityvac MV4560 Cooling System Pressure Test Kit makes diagnosing the common causes of vehicle or light truck overheating simple, efficient and economical. It combines our unique hand pressure pump with four cooling system test adapters and two dual-function cap test adapters to quickly reveal external cooling system leaks and detect internal leaks and defective caps. These adapters fit most U.S. and Asian cars and light trucks as well as many European vehicles. Mityvac offers the products and systems you need for any brake and clutch bleeding application, air induction cleaning and compression testing, cooling system evacuation or refill application, for fluid handling and diagnostic applications.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Edit 11/21/2016: I have used this tool several times now and found a weakness. The vinyl tube connection to the rad cap adapter can leak unless tightened - A LOT. I would recommend using a soap solution on the connections to make sure it is sealed, especially if you're doing a long term pressure test, If it leaks you'll think you have a coolant leak, when you don't
I also found that I had to tighten it so much that getting it detached was extremely difficult. I have downgraded the rating to reflect this deign flaw.
Further Update 03/19/2017: I have had to use a small o-ring on the rad cap adapter fitting where the vinyl tube attaches. As noted before this tends to leak, even when tightened. Each time I use this tool I have to check for fitting leaks with a soap solution. I have had to further downgrade my rating.
After servicing the entire cooling system, I pressurized it again, and this guy found a little leak from a hose that just wasn't quite seated correctly. Saved me time and frustration. It's a bit embarrassing, but it happens with some of these rough cut aftermarket radiator hoses that aren't extruded quite right.
It doesn't take that many pumps to pressurize to 18PSI. Only a couple of minutes. If you can turn wrenches, you can pressurize your cooling system.
Definitely not shop grade, but great for the hobbyist.
Top international reviews
Actually I would give 4.5 stars.
Only concern is the compression fitting nuts that fit on both the hand unit and the caps seems a bit on the fragile side.
It appears and feels that one must be somewhat careful when tightening these, and, you have to tighten them considerably to keep from leaking. Other than that, a great addition to the DIY guys tool box.
Arrived promptly via Prime Membership. ( 3 days I think ).
First unit failed. Hand pump would not pump pressure to the system. I sent email to Amazon.ca and was replied to in approx 3 hours. A new unit was shipped that day with an email to print a return shipping label. The new unit arrived in 3 days and the old one sent back on that day. Excellent customer service from Amazon. Thank you.
Up until the hand pump failed it worked perfectly.
Pumping the little hand squeeze pump is tiresome, but...hey...It works, and the unit is inexpensive.
I recommend it for the home mechanic.
The only complaint is that the adapter cap was a VERY tight fit on my rad (Honda CR-V) and I was afraid of breaking the rad neck.