Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 249 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 268 reviews
on June 15, 2012
I suffer from bad knees, at least i thought i did until these shoes. My problem i was running around in a pair of Adidas Climacool and they had nowhere near the support i need, so i did the research and decided on these, i have the crimson ones and they are excellent, put about 20 miles on them so far, been out 4 times with them and i have no more knee pain. i'm a big guy 220lbs 6,2, I'm losing weight fast and these are perfect for my weight and knees, they will only get better, even when I'm at my goal weight of 180lbs. Great shoe with amazing spring and support.
on February 14, 2013
I have been a big fan of Mizuno running for a couple of years ever since I got into running (prior to that I wore Nikes) and I have to say after a couple of iterations of wearing the Wave series these are, by far, the best running shoes I've ever owned.

Good:
These shoes are stylish and extremely comfy, the inside of the shoe has a bit of elastic on the sides and up to the tongue so it really helps to hug and compress your foot ever so slightly to help dampen energy transfer. The bottom of the shoe on the heel up to the arch is made of molded plastic, this feature above almost any other truly helps with the impact of your pace and is an amazingly great feature, and connects onto the flexible ball part up to the toes. The top side has fine mesh that helps keep out some of the weather but also lets in enough air to keep your feet cool (socks permitting of course). The first day I had them I went on a mile and a half jog just to break them in and I have to say this was the easiest pair of running shoes I've ever had broken in, the next day I ran my 5k route and it felt like I had done nothing at all, since receiving these shoes my times have improved and my feet feel wonderful.

The bad:
I don't have much bad to say about these shoes, I think maybe they could have more reflective surfaces than just the badge on the back and maybe just a slight bit more flexibility, maybe set the heel molding back a little further, but ultimately these are small complaints and I cannot say enough about how absolutely excellent these shoes are.

If you are looking for comfort, style and a truly delightful running experience look no further, these ARE the shoes for you!
on January 9, 2013
I am a larger guy 6'4" around 280. I have been trying to get back into shape and I use to love running. However now that I have gotten a little older it wasn't so easy. I quickly started to suffer from pain below the knee "Jumpers Knee" and also would get a pretty good case of shin splints every now and then. I was doing everything before and after the run I could to try and prevent it but nothing helped. Then I started to research shoes for larger runners and found these. They have changed my life. I have put around 30 miles on them so far and haven't looked back since. I use to suffer after only a couple miles, I ran a 10K the other day and though I was sore afterwords it felt closer to the soreness I remember feeling as a kid after a long run, my muscles were simply tired. I would highly recommend these to anyone looking to save the knees and enjoy running again.
on February 27, 2013
Started running seriously about a year ago. Have tried a wide variety of shoes, which my other varied shoe reviews will attest to. Although I started in more cushioned fare, I quickly went to more minimal shoes looking to gain some speed. At an athletic 6'3" 205lbs I realize I can't keep up with lighter seasoned runners, but do like trying to see where I can get while staying above 200lbs. Sub 22 for 5k so far and hoping to improve that this summer.

Although lighter shoes did help me and I really like low drop shoes, at higher speeds and greater training miles, I feel the pounding. These mizunos aren't built for speed and in this day and age are very heavy in my size 12's. They are however great at reducing shock for larger runners such a myself. I am not a heavy heel striker but catch enough to make use of the wave plate as it is set up in this shoe. Heel to mid foot area is to me very plush and exactly what I was looking for. The forefoot is a little firmer but still nice. Shoe fit true to size and is very well built. Out of the box it was a little stiff but really loosens up in about 10 miles and is very nice at that point.

I picked it up at half off here on Amazon and think it is a nice shoe for that price. I have read other reviews that state lighter runners may not get a lot from this shoe but for me at 205, it was what I was looking for. I would also give it 10-15 miles before you make a judgement as I is initially very stiff but once broken in is a much better shoe. This won't be what I wear for speed work races but being able to cut down on the pounding a few times a week by replacing my lighter shoes with these on about half my runs has help my legs recover more quickly and allowed me to run more. Blue and yellow color looks great as does the open heel look which also really works well to mitigate shock.
on May 24, 2013
I have been a casual runner over the years who mixes both treadmill and outdoors running on a weekly basis (~10-20 miles per week).

That being said over time I have increased the frequency/distance I run over the years. I have had experience running with branded shoes from the following: Adidas, Under Armour, Reebok (Realflex) and Nike. Last year, I made the mistake of doing a lot of my 3+ miles runs with the Nike Free 2.0. Initially, it was ok but then i started having some discomfort in my toes as well as my knees (knee pain has lingered for some time now). The toe pain worried me and figured that the Nike Free shoes did not have enough support. I picked up a pair of these in an effort to get back to a shoe with more support and was pleasantly surprised. These shoes are generally $139.99-149.99 but I scored them at ~$99 and used them for about a year. They helped my toe pain go away and are a very robust pair.

This is the second time I have ordered the shoe (figured they'd be less since Wave Creation 14 came out recently). At $89.99 it is one of the best bargains imho.
on August 20, 2013
Similar to others, I'm currently a higher weight, 230 lbs, 5'11", and this shoe has really changed everything in my running. Before, I was wearing the Mizuno Wave Rider, which is still a fantastic shoe, but I was just too heavy for it. With the Wave Rider, they'd be comfortable for a little bit but pain would creep in after a week or so. I wondered what I was doing wrong.

Luckily, I had bought these on sale for curiosity sake but hadn't worn them, thinking they were too big and heavy. One day, in pain, and frustrated because I wanted to run, I decided to just try the Wave Creation and see how they would perform. Best thing I ever did.

With the Wave Creation, I seriously have been able to run longer and farther without pain. In fact, just like my lighter years, running has become more comfortable, where you get in that groove set a good long pace, thinking about whatever it is runners think about, but not about pain. I couldn't believe it. For me, it is a little rigid in the heel, but if you run with a forefoot strike or midfoot strike, you'll see that the shoe rides smooth and secure.

I didn't want to have to switch out of my Wave Riders because they're light and awesome and supposedly Haruki Murakami wears them, but doing so has made such a difference. I will go back to the Wave Riders when I'm sub 200 lbs. This shoe is a must for bigger runners and I feel lucky to have found it.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon December 30, 2012
I have been a runner for the past 30 years though I couldn't tell you a thing about choosing the right sneaker. I never go to a store to actually get fitted, and most of what goes into deciding which sneaker to buy is through online reviews.

I can say that I have been sticking with Asics over the past few years as I find their brand of running shoe to be very reliable. I used to run on the street, but for the past 10 years have switched to a treadmill. I run for about 20 minutes a day. I usually keep my sneakers no more than 6 months.

The current pair of sneakers that I had owned, the Asics Gel Nimbus 13, were starting to wear down. I generally know when a sneaker is coming to the end of its life cycle as my knees and thighs begin to hurt, not to mention my back. As this started occurring, I sought out to find a replacement.

Doing a simple Google search on the best running shoe of 2012 led me to the Mizuno Men's Wave Creation. Never heard of the brand before, but looking at numerous reviews, including many here on Amazon, it seemed I should give this sneaker a try. My main goal was to find a sneaker with a lot of cushioning. I tend to like the feeling of running on air.

It was very difficult to get used to the Mizuno sneaker. It doesn't have a "spring back" feeling to it when you run. In fact, I was shocked, upon my first day using them on the treadmill, how my foot slammed down hard on the platform as if I were back to running on the street. I really did not like the feeling at all. The shoe feels a lot heavier than the Asics (and I bet it is).

A few days later, as I break this sneaker in, I feel a lot more comfortable with the shoe. Certainly, my knee and back problems have gone away. The shoe still has a totally different feel to it than I ever experienced before. I miss the lightness and bounciness of the Asics Nimbus 13, but I also feel as if I might be getting into a better sneaker overall with the Mizuno wave. Only time will tell.
on February 12, 2014
Being a female with a narrow heel and larger toe box; I have a hard time fitting sneakers. I finally figured out that some men's sneakers fit me better. This is the PERFECT sneaker I have been looking for. Enough cushion, great in the heel; just enough toebox room; and they look great! I can't say enough about this particular model. I do not run; I have foot/ back issues; and am in crutches and a foot boot right now; just the treadmill. So really important to get a shoe that fits correctly! I love the feel of these so much that I bought a second pair of the exact same color! The Grey. And they look rather ugly on the computer; when you open the box; you say: Ahhh; they are positively GORGEOUS in person. Even for a guy. My favorite NASCAR driver, Tony Stewart, wears this model; this color. Just got a pic of him sitting down with his cast on R leg; this exact sneaker on Left foot! That thrilled me too! LOL, if you are a guy; these are SHARP looking as well as comfortable!
on January 13, 2013
To be honest, I have only written a few reviews for products on other sites before. This is my first Amazon review (or at least the only one I can remember writing). I'm a pretty overweight guy trying to get into shape, so I did a little research on shoes for bigger guys. I had been wearing Nike Free Run 2's and while they were working out nicely, I wanted a little more comfort with my run. Being heavy sucks lol. So, like I said, did some research and come to find out there are shoes that really help with weight distribution, I also overpronate and let me just say that these shoes help so much it's crazy. Normally I need to take breaks in-between running days but since I got these, my legs don't need a days rest like normal. I can run just as far the day after a run as I could the day before.

If you are overweight and looking for a running shoe that really helps, please consider getting this one. :) Thanks for reading my review!
on October 29, 2013
I am a long time runner currently logging 35-40 miles per week. Do 95% of running on the roads so shoes with adequate support and cushioning are important and typically run in Mizuno's Wave Inspire model. I am 6'0" and 175 pounds with normal arches and was looking for a little more support. Bought these shoes for added cushioning without trying them on in store first. Overall they are great shoes, but they are not as cushioning as I had hoped for someone my size and the fit has been a bit tough to find a balance in. They tend to fit higher in heel and gave me hot spots and blisters initially. Eventually after logging 30 or so miles I found they softened up a bit and I was able to get them to fit snug enough to avoid hot spots and blisters. This is a good shoe for runners with larger body types and is good at any distance or on any surface.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.