Spring Deals Automotive HPC Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 2, 2013
I've been wearing Mizunos exclusively for the last 10 years... I have never found a show more comfortable for my specific foot. The tread is excellent and grips the surface well. My only complaints? The colors and patterns are getting more and more ridiculous; if you're past your 20's, you don't necessarily want to be jogging past in shoes that appear to be made for clowns in the circus. When these showed up, the picture had not shown how extremely garish they were and I almost hate to be seen in them, but some people really, really love them and then there are the rest of us. Also, I'm not sure if this is becoming a pattern, but my last 2 pairs had problems with the tongue of the shoe "rolling" when you put the show on and it not being noticeable until the extreme pain strikes later on. You have to be careful to pull the tongues out and adjust them to remain flat. If I didn't love the way they make my feet feel, these two defects would be sufficient to make me choose elsewhere.
on August 18, 2014
I have wide feet. I'm not talking, "Oh, my feet are a tad bit wide, hee hee." No, this is my feet are a 5.5 US length and a 7.5/8 US width. THAT'S how wide my feet are. I was hoping these running shoes would be up to the task that is my feet, but I must have misread the width measurement. Definitely not suitable for super wide feet. I can still run and exercise, but not for too long or my feet start to hurt. The soles offer great support and lift for running.

Still, I like the color combo and have gotten numerous compliments on these shoes, which is weird since I never expect to get compliments about my athletic gear...
on June 28, 2012
Everyone's feet are different, and I've found that my feet fit best in Mizuno running shoes. I've run my half in them, and have never looked at another brand.

The Wave Elixir continues with a lightweight shoe that fit my feet to a T! My previous Mizuno Wave Elixirs have included the Elixir 4, and the Elixir 5. I truly missed my Elixir 4 after having bought the 5. The 5, to me, seemed more narrow around the front, but had a longer toebox, neither of which felt that comfortable. Once I put the Elixir 7's on, it felt like my beloved Elixir 4's -I was in heaven.

I'm surprised to have seen some reviews mentioning that it's narrow, as it was not for me, but if you're looking for an overall lightweight runner, give this one a try.

Perhaps my feet have expanded every which way, but I originally though my toe was too close to the front of the shoe, so I went home to try my old runners - it seemed to also be very close to the front. I tried a half size bigger, and it just didn't fit the same. Anyway, I have run in them and have had no issues whatsoever with my toe hitting the front of the shoe. The sizes are the same as with previous versions.

As well, it is very flexible, and have had no issues with the flexibility while running.

Finally, I give kudos to the designers of this year's running line - it's colourful and fun!
on March 27, 2013
I've always worn the Mizuno Inspire and for some reason wanted to try a different style. These have been great so far. Upon first putting them on I noticed no issues or discomforts. I normally wear a 9 1/2 but in the past always got 10's for running shoes to give my foot plenty of room. The 10's fit great and are very light weight! I am used to a higher stability shoe that is slightly heavier and bulkier, I couldn't believe how light these were. I broke these in rather quickly too without any issues. My first run in them was 3.5 miles and then my next run was 6, I noticed nothing weird/uncomfortable/unusual. It normally takes me longer to break in a shoe, I confidently feel I can go on longer runs now with this shoe without any problems.

The color is pretty sweet too if you ask me! The orange is pretty bright, but I love them!
on October 28, 2012
This is the second pair of Mizunos I've purchased, my usual training shoes I've been using for the past few months are the wave inspire 8s. I was looking for a more lightweight shoe with a bit of a firmer midfoot feel. You can't buy a lot of mizuno shoes in nz the range is limited so i relied a lot on online reviews when purchasing. Glad to say I did take a leap of faith! These felt great on, the tread is nice for running a few trails and the heel drop doesn't feel so pronounced in these. I'm a midfoot striker and I've noticed the heel of the shoe not getting in the way when running. The breathability of these is awesome too, I get really hot feet and the wind just blows on through. Which you may or may not like but I love! I'm still undecided about which shoe I will run in for my first half marathon in 4 weeks time as I'm unsure these have enough support over the longer runs. I do love the zippy feel they have though and will definitely be getting another pair when these are worn.
on March 22, 2013
I recently participated in a stair climb for the lung association. I "cheaped out" and bought some really inexpensive shoes from Payless thinking it wouldn't matter. As a result, I hurt my knees and ankles training for the stair climb. My husband kept telling me to get good shoes, but I didn't think it would matter. Well, it does matter! I purchased these shoes after an avid runner recommended them. I'm here to say that my knees and ankles no longer hurt! These are very lightweight shoes and I love everything about them! At first, I thought the color scheme was a little "too wild" for me, but they are really cool and look great! I bought one pair for indoor training and another pair for outdoor training. Highly recommended!
on October 16, 2012
I have thoroughly enjoyed my Mizuno running shoes. I've had them for about 6 months now and have not had any issues. I had this same style from Mizuno previously and wanted to stay with what worked for my foot. I was fitted for this particular style of Mizuno, so these shoes wouldn't necessarily work for everyone. It's always a good idea to be fit properly before buying any running shoe. I am not a long distance runner, so I can't vouch for how they'd do on long runs. But, for a 2-7 mile run they've been fantastic. Plus, the design is totally cool. There isn't a day that goes by when someone doesn't stop me and tell me how cool the shoes look and ask what kind they are.
on January 18, 2013
I started running a little over a year ago with Mizuno Inspire 8's. I love them, but when I started training for the half marathon it was time for new shoes. I loved the look of these and how lightweight they seemed to be. There weren't any reviews for them yet, so like others I took a leap of faith. I LOVE these shoes. I felt like I could run faster...felt like a cheetah. The color is amazing. The fit was wonderful...I also have bunions, and had no issues with these being too narrow. They were great! Until I got up to 10 miles. I seemed to have developed Morton's Neuroma. It felt like I had a rock on the bottom of my foot. I added insoles to them, which took away the light feeling. And I also bought toe spreaders which are helping. The reason I give these shoes 5 stars is because they are great, as long as you stick to 6-7 mile or less runs. You can also feel every pebble you step on, that's the price you pay for them being so light weight. I still run in them. But for my longer runs I'll be trying the Mizuno Nirvana's and Mizuno Inspire 8 again.

Update: I bought these in October, it's now February. I haven't run in these shoes in about 3 weeks and decided to check the bottoms. They are already worn out. I ran less than 200 miles in them, so they definitely won't last a long time.
on February 12, 2013
These shoes are awesome!!! They are very comfortable! I have torn tendon in my left foot and these have helped me in my running again. They are light weight but nicely cushioned in the heel.
on January 5, 2016
too light for running but great for cross training
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.