Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 155 reviews
on October 26, 2012
I was always a die hard fan of Asics until I began running longer distances and started getting shin splints.
I went to the Mizuno website and took the online questionnaire to find the correct shoe for me which turned out to be the Wave Inspire 8.
I should have ordered 2 pairs, especially with the price they were on Amazon at the time!!

These shoes are amazing. No more shin splints, the support is great, and there was literally NO breaking in time.
They are also a lot lighter than my old Asics.
I ran 6.5 miles the first time I put them on and no problems whatsoever.
I can't recommend these shoes enough.

I was worried about the size, but I just ordered 1 half size bigger than what I wear in non-athletic shoes and they were perfect.
If you do run long distances and your feet swell a lot I would recommend maybe a full size bigger, but mine don't swell too much.

They are also very nice looking shoes. I got the White/Persian Jewel/Dress Blue, but would have loved the green ones!

I will wear Mizunos from now on, goodbye Asics. Great shoe!!
on November 11, 2012
I am an overpronator and I had been looking for shoes to help correct this issue when I run. I wasn't always an overpronator but after having three children, I guess it was inevitable. I had good arches but because of the overpronation, my arches basically flattened out. As a result, I have been getting lots of knee pain and shin splints but these shoes have really helped me overcome those issues. I run on a treadmill and I can tell that they have good shock absorption more than even the Nike Air Max shoes I was wearing. They've provided me with good arch support and they've got very good cushioning, in my opinion. Not to mention they do look awesome. I will definitely be buying them again.
on January 13, 2013
shoe is solid and fit in narrow size - not often offered by run shoe companies was great - impressed with rapid exchange for 61/2 - to a larger 7 - was immediate and processed before my return shoe was even mailed
I did my research and went to Mizuno web site to determine exactly what I wanted a new run shoe
Amazon made it easy finding the best price for me, and actually by all - gave better customer service, via online order
than I actually received by comparison, when I researched, myself, at various, local running shoe stores,
whose staff seemed, unknowable, and only interested in pushing their own stock, so this experience was certainly more rewarding: in price, convenience, I got to choose exactly what I wanted, specifically as I specified, the buyer, and in the colors and unusual size, narrow, which fits better than any other running shoe I have ever purchased, and thanks to Amazon and the supplier, at a great low price, by a least 30% below the Mizuno, or various running stores, which frankly would not have had the narrow sized need. I am quite happy
on February 26, 2013
I bought this shoe based on some of the reviews I read. Ineeded another pair of running shoes. I have had a bunion repair on my left foot and a right foot that still needs one. Therefore, I would not recommend this shoe to someone who truly needs wide width especially if you are planning to put in your own orthotics. Toe box is not very deep or wide for that matter. Shipping was extremely fast and it is a nice looking shoe. I have yet to decide if I will keep or send it back. If I keep it it will not be a running shoe it will be for walking only... but do I want to do this without my orthotics? 4 stars for great price, great shipping, great looking shoe. Minus one star for fit. I did buy a 1/2 size larger than I normally wear.
on January 9, 2013
I normally run in Saucony Kinvaras, I like really lightweight shoes and those were perfect for distance. However I sustained a very bad break last year, surgery, plate, the whole nine yards, and I am just now getting back to strenuous exercise and running on the pavement. My Sauconys just weren't cutting it. After any good workout or even short run on a treadmill, my injured foot ached for about a day after.

After reading the reviews on the Mizuno Wave Inspire 8, I felt it sounded like a good compromise between stability and lightweight. I have done a few short runs in them now and I don't notice any aching or pain in my foot, even after the runs or workouts the ache still does not come. These have been great for returning to distance running post injury and I would definitely reccommend them to anyone looking for that right balance between lightweight and stability.

Happy Running!
on June 2, 2013
I initially purchased a more current pair of Mizunos for my son. They were expensive but worth it. I wanted a pair for myself without the hefty price tag. So glad I found these !!! They may not be the most current style, but they are well constructed, offer great support and were immediately comfortable right out of the box, requiring very little "break in."
The toe box is roomy enough for my wide feet and the heal has a nice cushion. I do more walking than running but try to be consistent (maybe my purchase will inspire me) ... but either way I'm sure I'll be happy in these for many miles to come. Quick delivery too, as promised.
Thanks Amazon!
on September 30, 2012
My trainer is a runner and buys this brand exlusively to run in. I did a little research and found that the company is founded in GA and they are manufactured there. I did read other reviews of this brand (learned they run small) so I went up a 1/2 size and they fit perfectly. I sprayed them with Scotchguard to keep them looking new as the enclosed instructions indicated only spot-cleaning these would be suitable for the type of materials used. I've only started running, so I haven't had any issues yet but these shoes are designed to help with pronating -- I also wear Brooks since I circuit train - and those also help with prontation. I haven't noticed one brand is better than the other in that regard (between the Mizuno Wave and Brooks Adrenaline make/models).
on May 19, 2013
My 11 year old daughter is a relatively aggressive lacrosse player (4 days per week). She was having pain in her ankles. The orthopedic diagnosed it as "Sever's Disease" or pain associated with the growth plates.

Anyway, we jumped from the Asics gel-1170 Kids (size 5) to Wave Inspire 8 (size 7)and she appears to back to full speed and her ankle pain is nearly gone. We think the more substantial cushion and support of the this shoe has made a big difference for her.

The Asics still fit and she occasionally wears them around, so the Mizuno definitely runs small. We initially ordered the Mizuno in size 6.5, but her toes were crammed into the front. We returned it for the size 7 which fits perfectly.
on April 24, 2013
I thought I would try these with pronation and all. I usually buy the Wave Alchemy. A little stiff arund the ankle and a teeny bit narrow for a B, overall and good stable shoe. Fits well. I can still run well in them and wear after without soreness. Not as flexible as the Alchemy but when you need a stabilizer shoe who can you trust? It's a keeper but I do love the Wave Alchemy so much better.I wear a 7 1/2 but wear an 8 B in these. Just ran a 5k in these shoes and did they feel great!! Bouncey, great stability, yet light. I am now sold!!
on October 6, 2012
I ordered these shoes based on the "shoe finder" feature on Runnersworld.com, and I LOVE THEM! If I used this feature correctly, I believe I have high arches and I overpronate (the outside of my foot hits the ground first and fails to fully roll inward). The shoes I had before were a cheaper Asics model, and many of the other shoes I have purchased in the past were also Asics. I had been training for a half-marathon, and I would get terrible blisters and calluses after my runs -- to the point it was painful to continue running and I had to take a break. These shoes? None! They are really comfortable, and when paired with the unique look to them, they honestly do make me feel like a superhero!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.