Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 152 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 162 reviews
on March 15, 2013
Mizuno Women's Wave Prophecy 2 Running Shoe

I love these!

I researched all the shoes out there and read hundreds of reviews.

There are a hundred reviews from women recovering from or dealing with injuries and pain from:

any or all joints; hip; back; spinal; shin splints; connective tissue; sprains and strains; surgeries; medical persons on long shifts on their feet for up to 24 hours; moms chasing and keeping up with the little ones;

you name it - that have taken the time to write about the benefit they received wearing this shoe. I mention this to save you time and energy doing the research yourself. Also, women who were very 'brand loyal' to other brands for years, dropped 'em for this shoe once they used it.

This shoe is designed to move the energy created during movement so it transitions in a wave flow rather than a jarring impact to our bodies when walking, running and during activities.

It is the top of the line of their wave shoe and worth every penny if you can benefit from the added ease this shoe provides ~ I say, "Go for It!"

I have injuries and can say this shoe has made a difference in the ease with which I walk and is therapeutic. I also have, 'flat feet' and these really work for me.

I am in a size 7 street shoe, and wear the 7 1/2 B in this shoe without the padded insert that came with this shoe. It fits like a glove!
on July 12, 2014
I have had many running injuries. I was introduced to the Prophecy many years ago and while they were pricey, they fit my foot like a glove. At the time I was dealing with a severe case of planters fasciitis, and tried everything and at the time I had orthotics made and I was looking for a shoe that didn't make me feel like I had been hit by a bus. Every morning following a run, when I would get out of bed I would ache, my whole body ached, and that was about when I started having problems with my foot. So, I bought the Prophecy and weeks later I noticed a change in how I felt folling a run. It took about 6 weeks before I notice my planters faciitis calm. Since then I have had 2 pairs of prophecy and feel great following a run, never does my body feel jarred or ache. So, this year, I went looking for that shoe again, only to be bummed that it has been replaced by the Prophecy 3,which is a completely different shoe and shoe design. I settled for a New Balance, only to be back where I started- jarred and sore following a run. After run number 6, I decided I was going to hunt down the Prophecy 1 or 2. So, I turned to Amazon, my favorite shopping arena that never disappoints. I found the Prophecy 2 which is very very similar to the original, pricey as usual but when it comes to my feet and having a successful, non-painful run, which I look forward to every morning, well, price becomes secondary. I bought the shoe several weeks ago, it arrived on time, and this morning broke them in...and it felt awesome. The Prophecy 2 fits and rides like the original. I will probably be buying several more pairs and storing them for the future, only b/c I am paranoid that the shoe might disappear all together at some point and then what am I going to do. I highly recommend this shoe. I have a narrow heel and high arch and tend to over pronate,
on July 4, 2013
This is my second pair of Mizuno Prophecy. The Prophecy 1 were great. I don't know what they changed in the Prophecy 2, but I feel that there is little support & cushion. I run 10-25 miles a week depending on my training schedule. I'm training for a marathon. I've run previous marathons in Nike and Mizuno. I'm really disappointed in the Prophency 2. I've been getting shinsplints and had to go back to my old nikes that I feel have more cushion and support. I have a medium size arch, but I feel that there is zero support in the arch. On long runs, my arch aches after the run. I don't know what changed, but would not recommend them for long distance runners.

If you decide to give these shoes a go... definitely go up a 1/2 size. My prophecy 1 were true to size, but these shoes are made with different material and don't have as much give. I had to go a 1/2 size bigger.
on December 5, 2015
i really am unhappy with Mizuno for discontinung the prophecy 1 and 2. both FANTASTIC shoes, with my orthotics are a dream for my plantar fascia, good for trails, road - so cushoiny and i adore them. Bought the 4s - cheap, fell to pieces, top material tore and no where near as cushiony. just found one last pairs of 2s in my size - scared what will happen when those wear out as i am not confident Mizuno can get it right again with the prophecys and thats all i have run in for 5 years now
on June 27, 2013
I bought these shoes based on others reviews. I was so excited because it is really hard to find comfortable athletic shoes for my feet. I had major surgery on both of them 2 years ago (broken bones, torn tendons and ligaments) and most shoes really hurt my feet. I got them in just 2 days. I tired them on and big disappointment. The left shoe fit perfectly, and it was soooooo comfortable. The right shoe was so tight it cut the blood flow to my small toe. I measured them and the right shoe was actually more narrow than the left shoe. I'm sure this is just a fluke. I was so disappointed I wanted to cry. They really did feel like you are walking on air. I had to return them sadly.
on November 10, 2013
I usually I buy size 7, my first pair of Mizunos I order 7 and they were too small had to size up. This time thought to save some time and hassle I got 7,5 , but they are bigger then I was hoping for. I do have a high arch which makes shoe width a problem for me. I know if I would have ordered a 7 it would have been too narrow.
I do love this running shoes, makes running so much easier with the extra heal cushion and it feels like I can run faster and longer period of time! Once a Mizuno always Mizuno!
on July 18, 2013
I needed a sneaker that would help my injured and odd feet! I normally wear a 8.5-9.5; in these; I got the 9 and they are too large; but nice toe box room; which I read they did not have. I am not a runner; I have a treadmill and walk on it to the best of my ability. I have not; until now, found a sneaker that fit right and didn't make my feet hurt by the end of the day. THESE are it! I have narrow ankles and a wide toe box; these fit great except for being too 'long'. Walking on them is so different than any other sneaker I have tried. Hard to describe except to say that it IS like walking on clouds-step down and you can FEEL the support and comfort in these. Since I have a R foot one size smaller than L; it was hard to decide to exchange or not. In the end; they are just too big to feel comfortable keeping. I had to exchange and get the pink/silver/greyish model; since that was the 8.5 on Prime; and would have taken wayyy too long to get the black again. I chose black because I detest 'dirty' sneakers! So will have to be careful with the lighter color. I give the shoe 4 stars because I think $215 is too much to pay for a pair of sneakers; on the other hand; you get what you pay for; and I am ecstatic at how great these feel. Since I did not wear these outside or shopping or for any extended length of time; I am praying the comfort holds up for an entire day on feet or walking in them! I highly recommend everyone purchasing Amazon Prime; I am getting these in 2 days; with no extra shipping charge for Saturday delivery! You just can't beat Amazon Prime!
UPDATE!: I had to send these back because I wore them around the house for one day and I had the WORST back pain/hip pain EVER...I do have back issues; there was something about this shoe that my back didn't like which is a dratted shame because my FEET loved them! So BUMMED OUT! I still give them 3 stars due to the foot comfort as well as the looks; it they don't bother YOUR back; they are a straight up 5 stars!
on November 16, 2014
I love these running shoes, they're heavier than most of the Mizunos I am used to but recently I've changed my running style and I tend to run on the balls of my feet instead of heel-to-toe as I used to so these are great for that! Except...after about a half mile, the lower parts of my feet go numb...that is not a good feeling, especially when going for a long run. I did several runs and workouts with them and it happens every time so it's not a matter of breaking them in or anything. I've stopped running in them and now just use them for quick work outs that don't involve running.
on August 12, 2015
I bought these after wearing Asics for years. Find that now I need more cushion and there were many reviews recommending these. Paid $200 for them, more than I have ever paid for running shoes, but I have to admit, they were worth it. I run/walk 5-7 miles 3-5 times a week, all on paved roads. My feet are never tired, never got a blister, fit well and feel good. I wear a women's size 9 shoe, but needed 9-1/2 in this shoe.... I gave it 4 stars because they are not very attractive, they wear well, feel good and I would buy them again, but not too good to look at...Mizuno Women's Wave Prophecy 2 Running Shoe,Pink,9.5 B US
on August 15, 2013
First, these shoes demonstrate that you do get what you pay for. They replace the $70 shoes I could never wear because the toe box was too tight, the laces wouldn't stay tied and the footbed was cheesy. I bought better laces and insoles, which increased the price to $110, but the shoes were never comfortable. Everything about these Mizuno is top of the line. The toe box is roomy. The insole is perfectly sculpted, and the sole offers great stability. The first delivery disappeared. I chatted with Amazon customer service and within seconds she took charge, filed a claim with UPS and overnighted me a replacement pair. For comparison, I ordered some clothing from another online vendor (same day I ordered the shoes) and the order arrived 5 days later and the items were incorrect. Their customer service representative instructed me to send the order back (at my expense) and never apologized or explained the problem. I was told the refund would be credited 6-10 days upon receipt of the merchandise. Mhy point? Amazon understands customer service and that is worth a lot to me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question