Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 79 reviews
on June 7, 2013
So, I read the reviews before buying these, and was a littler nervous about people saying they were different, but I've been buying the alchemy's for the last 4ish models and I have loved every. single. one. I didn't trust the complainers :)

Sadly, the complainers ended up being right. The Alchemy 12 is a COMPLETELY different shoe from the 11's. The 11's are by far my favorite, best shoe EVER. The 12's are hard. After a couple weeks running with them I developed patellar tendonitis, and my shin splints returned. Not wanting to believe it was the shoe, I kept running in them. Today however, I ran in my old 11's and had zero pain.

Please, please, please, Mizuno, if you're reading this, PLEASE go back to the design of the 11's. I don't want to give up on the alchemy's yet, but until there's a new model I'm going to have to find a different motion control shoe. :/

I still gave it 2 stars because the fit is great, they look good, and I'm sure they work for some people, but not this girls severe over-pronation.
on September 6, 2013
I have been wearing NB 1012 for several years until they were discontinued. I run 3-4 miles 4-5 times a week. I have flat feet that overpronate and bunions. When I first got these shoes I was concerned. I am used to a shoe that is full of cushion and much heavier so I didn't think the Alchemy would work for me. I ran on a treadmill the first couple times and was pleasantly surprised. I am a heal striker and the heal on this shoe forces your foot to run on the outside of your foot easily preventing inward overpronation. Since they are much lighter than what I am used to it makes my sprint days seem easier. I think they will be a good race shoe. After 5 runs completing different workouts, treadmill, sidewalk, tempo, and sprint days I have no leg pain. The construction felt "cheap" again I think because of the lack of cushion but it seems to work. I wear a 9 in the NB 1012 which you are told to buy a 1/2 size bigger the 9 in the Alchemy just fits so next time I will try a 9.5.

The great correction of the overpronation does make walking in these shoes feel a little ackward. I'm sure one could get used to that in time though.
on February 22, 2013
A few years back a marathoner friend introduced me to Mizuno--I had never heard of them before. I bought my first pair of Wave Alchemys, and couldn't believe how comfortable, yet supportive, they were. The 12s are no different--except for being lighter and thinner! During my first run with them, I was blown away by how good they feel; they're like the Baby Bear of running shoes--not too cushiony, not too stiff...juuust right. I normally order running shoes a full size higher than my street shoe size (an 8) but with the Mizunos I have to go another half size up, to the 9.5, to get the right fit. The toe boxes in these shoes are nice and roomy, yet the rest of the shoe fits like a dream. If you run a lot you'll love 'em!
on February 9, 2016
Love my Mizuno Alchemy 12's. This was my second pair, and I'm so disappointed that they've been discontinued. These have been a great solution for my pronation issues. I find these work even better when I combine them w/ the Superfeet Copper insoles (also available on Amazon). Since my feet are narrow and not very thick, the addition of the Superfeet insoles does not create too tight of a fit. I wore my previous pairs for at least two years (yes, I know that was too long!), and even then, they still provided excellent stability.
on August 22, 2013
I really, really wanted to like this shoe because not only was it a quality shoe, it was in a normal color instead of these ridiculous neon colors that most shoes come in. (Seriously designers...I stopped thinking neon was great when I was about 14. Please start making shoes in adult colors again!) I had seen the Mizuno Wave Alchemy 12 in a store but they did not have my size so I ordered it online. It arrived quickly, and it fit well (I ordered my normal size) and was very comfortable. Plenty of room in the toe (I have normal/narrow feet) and no heel slippage. However when I compared it to both my old running shoes and another pair that I'd ordered (Saucony Omni 12) I realized that the Alchemy was much stiffer and did not have very much 'bounce' off the front. So I kept the Saucony and returned the Mizuno.
on August 30, 2014
Horrible! I was crying from pain. So disappointed! I read such great reviews and got half size bigger per reviews. So narrow that it felt like tourniquet around my feet. Was in burning pain and squished my pinky toes. Left red spots and soreness everywhere. I thought maybe bec they're new. So I tried a 2nd time. Had to take them off from pain. So disgusted.
on December 11, 2014
I have been running and walking in Mizuno for about 10 years. They keep your feet very stable unlike any other shoes I've tried. I bought the Nirvana and Alchemy because they are for pronators and they never break over. But they have a shoe for everyone as other runners have told me. I can't say enough good things but they do run small. I buy a full size bigger but you might just need a half size if you walk.
on July 16, 2013
mizuno wave alchemy 12 is a good shoe; just didn't like the heel. mizuno is a great shoe mfg but they do run a half size smaller than normal (i.e. wear an 8 you will need 8.5).
on February 19, 2013
These shoes are awesome. I have had the Wave Alchemy 10, 11, and now 12. The only bummer part is they really do take a while to break in, but once you get past that they are the best stability shoes I've worn. After shin splints, stress fractures, IT band strain, and lots of other running injuries I have finally found a shoe that prevents all of these, even when running over 30 miles per/wk. I always have 2 pairs, one that I'm using and one that I'm breaking in. To break in, I wear them during warm up runs (no more than 2 miles) or during low impact activities (weight lifting, elliptical, etc.) for about a month. After that they are good to go for many many miles. I swear by these shoes, they are SO worth it.
on July 6, 2013
I'm usually an Asics fan, but decided to try something new for a change. I've seen quite a few good reviews on Mizunos, so I went online and completed their "precision fit" survey to determine which shoe would be best for my particular needs... and it directed me to the Wave Alchemy. As someone who has high arches, and who specifically requested a shoe for high arches, this shoe simply does not work for me. It's rock hard and feels like there's no support whatsoever... which is the exact opposite that my foot needs. I'd hate to see what they recommend for people who don't need as much cushioning... ouch!

Oh well, back to my ol' standby, I guess.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question