Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Prophets of Rage Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on November 5, 2011
I bought the MK-250 crossbow as a second, inexpensive xbow to teach my kids to shoot and for target practice. For an inexpensive xbow this ones a good choice. At 150lb draw I'm able to cock it by hand or with a rope device. The xbow is fairly light and decently made. It has a light weight, attactive black plastic stock and aluminum barrel. The bows are solid with a texture flat black finish that seems as if it will hold up well. The cables are decent and the string seems okay. The stirup is a metal hex shaped loop that seems to do it's job. The scope included with this model is a cheap piece of plastic. I went to walmart and bought an $8 crossman 4X Targetfinder Superscope that was meant for a pellet rifle or airsoft gun. It's a basic crosshair with a 3/8 mount. Works fine for this crossbow. The MK-250 doesn't have your normal weaver type mount so you'd need to find a scope with a 3/8 mounting rings or buy an adaptor to use most of your normal red dot and scopes out there.
Assembly was easy. Sighting with the Crossman scope was quick and done with 6 shots.

This bow sinks bolts (I bought the 20" aluminum bolts for this xbow) into my targets almost as deeply as my Carbon Exress X-Force 400 with a 175lb draw and advertised 310 fps speed. Not bad. It's a little louder than my X-Force but not crazy unacceptable. I may add some LimbSavers to see if that helps quite it down.

All and all I would totally recommend this crossbow as a great starter, second/backup xbow or just for a fun inexpensive, light xbow.
on September 27, 2012
I just ordered this. It came quickly, and only took maybe 10-15 minutes to get set up. Instructions were not great, but it's still really simple. I would suggest getting some kind of scope with it with some weaver rail mounts. I am in a few inch group at about 30 yards, so I am quite pleased. Compared to my buddies compound bow, the thing is noticeably faster. I am using their target arrows that it comes with right now, but will get some nicer hunting arrows and broadheads for opening deer weekend. If anyone has a suggestion for arrow type/length, and choice of broadhead, I would appreciate the advice.

*Update
Well, I just got back from deer hunting and I missed a HUGE 8 point. I got some broad heads that really threw off the bolt. I was dead on with target tips, put on a broad head and it was shooting 2 feet lower from 20 yards. Really really strange. I basically had to sight it in on the fly and was a bit ill prepared. 20 yard shot, dead on the heart and that arrow just flew high on me. I really need to test broad heads with this bow and find out what works well with it.

Update #2.
Well I've gone through 3 hunting seasons now with this bow, and I've taken two deer with it. It's held up really nicely. I learned a lot since my first year with it. A lesson I learned is don't practice with bolts/tips that you don't hunt with. I have nice 20 inch bolts with expandable broadheads. The bolts that come with this xbow are fine, but no good for deer hunting. Buy some 20 inch bolts, expandables, and practice tips and you will be as good in the forest as you are in the backyard. The bolt flies very true every time, but make sure you keep the rail lubed or else they will get squirlley. I do notice that this xbow is a bit weaker than my friends with their $500+ crossbows, but that's to be expected. I have it sighted in at 20 yards, and it's a consistant drop of 6 inches every 10 yards. With lots of practice, you can still easily reach out to the 40-50 yard mark with deadly force, but it does drop more than I wish it did. My biggest complaint is its weight. It is pretty dang heavy compared to other xbows and trouncing through the forest with it with all your gear gets to be a pain.

I'm getting a new super nice crossbow this year, but I absolutely recommend this one if you are looking to get into crossbow hunting for cheap.
on February 24, 2012
This crossbow is pretty beast, really nice but however a little on the loud side (not back though, and some limbsavers would reduce that). Everything in the picture was included (some assembly was required but it takes a grand total of like a minute).

*Update
Still loving this bow however be careful if you ever try to remove the stock for some reason (like trying to figure out if it would be possible to mount swivel sling mounts) because there is a hidden stock screw right under the scope mount. and I ended up busting the mount's set screws (Though some acraglasss corrected my mistake thank god lol). Limbsavers are a MUST if you are going to buy this bow and use it for hunting, they greatly reduce the thunderous twang that this bow does produce. I would recommend this kitLimbSaver Crossbow Silencer System Black they are an adhesive style that mount on the inside of the limbs (because we are dealing with solid limbs rather than split), just be sure to clean the area before applying otherwise they may not stick (some rubbing alcohol works great). Also I ditched the iron sights and just attached a good rim-fire scope and have had great success with it.

Oh and when you get the free included bolts, go ahead and fire them into something dumb like a tree because they are worthless lol get yourself some 20" or 22" bolts (with like 125 grain point) instead because the 16" ones are way too lite and will cause excessive wear n tear on your xbow.
review image
on July 12, 2015
This was my first crossbow I ever purchased. Its very durable and powerful. I've had it for about a year now and am impressed with the power it has. This is my first year hunting as well and used it for spring turkey and had little luck. This is the crossbow that I'm going to take this fall as well. It didn't come with the quiver or scope and had to buy those separately. Overall for the price it compares to one of the lower end Barnett's.
on August 18, 2015
Cable & String broke on 2nd shot ... Not easiliy serviced at any Bow specialty shops.
on October 2, 2014
You can't beat this crossbow for the money! Deadly accurate and powerful, faster than what the manufacture rates it at. With a 20 inch carbon bolt with 125 gr. field point it chrono's consistently in the 280 fps range every time. I would recommend to my own mother.
on December 17, 2013
In terms of quality and price this is an excellent crossbow. You MUST have a dense Crossbow target to practice with. It will penetrate foam targets and bury bolts in the grass as if they never existed. Need to have a xbow cocking string too. You can cock it without one but it is very unpleasant. It is very solid and well made. When you get it and open the box you'll realize you got a good deal on something really nice.
on September 30, 2015
If you are considering buying this crossbow I would strongly suggest that you reconsider. I bought this product 3 months ago, when I received the crossbow I shot 2 bolts out of it. I put it in the case that I bought for it and put it up. I got it out last week and put a bolt in it, when I took the shot the draw string broke. I contacted Last Punch about getting a replacement string and they tell me they don't sell replacement strings and they don't know where to find them. Maybe I should trying googling the crossbow and see what I can find. Trust me when I tell you to reconsider purchasing this crossbow.
on October 5, 2015
extremely accurate for target practice but too loud for deer hunting deer were ducking my arrow at 50yards due to the noise of the string.
on November 24, 2016
Like it. Mine did not come with a quiver.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.