Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon August 5, 2015
Like the Fintie ipad mini case, this case is one of our favorites as it is nearly the same style. The construction is solid and tight and the stand options are really unbeatable in such a slim design. There are no signs of any glue on the cover. The functionality/usability of the case is simply impressive and includes a magnet for auto off, which has not failed yet. The case also provides what I believe is optimal protection in a slim and usable form factor. Also, once you use the handhold on the back, even if you think (now) it is something you do not need, you will wonder how you did without it for so long.

This is the #1 case (once again, like the Fintie) we recommend to all our friends. This case should work for nearly everyone.
on January 10, 2013
I first bought the Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio for my iPad mini but later I realized that it may the too thin and not so protective. So I ended buying the MoKo Slim-Fit Multi-angle Folio and here are my impressions, pros and cons between both:

***** MoKo Slim-Fit Multi-angle Folio *****

Pros

-Not bulky but added more protection
-Very good quality
-Inexpensive but has a very professional look
-Built-in stand is more secure and stable
-The Auto Wake/Sleep function works without any issue.

Cons

-If you fold the front cover behind the back, the "clip" that secures the front kind of bothers you while using Kindle for iOs or reading.
-Light, but not too slim. If you want something even lighter and do not worry about protection too much, get the Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case.

***** Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case *****

Pros

-Really light and slim
-Ideal if you use your iPad mini as ereading device (GoodReader, Kindle for iOs)
-Proper fit
-The Auto Wake/Sleep function works without any issue.
-Easy to remove

Cons

-Protection may be an issue, too slim
-Too soon to confirm, but due its own design, the mere action or folding the front cover again, may break at some point
-15 dollars is kind of too much, giving the case of the slim design and little padding.

*****************************************

If you ask me which one is the best, I would say it depends. But on my personal case, giving the price and features, I would say the MoKo Slim-Fit Multi-angle Folio is the best iPad mini cover that you can get right now.

There are more expensive covers out there that can provide the same protection and features but all will do exactly the same, at a higher price tag. So it's up to you if you want to pay more ... ;-)
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on November 12, 2017
I reviewed this case, said I would purchase it again, and I did. Okay....I needed another case for an Ipad mini 2. I bought another one of these. This is a great buy. It hugs your expensive tablet. It has a hand strap that is the reason I bought it. It is expensive looking, protects your IPad, soft and comfortable to use. I love it. Good looking, so nice to handle, useful. Great inexpensive price for the value. That is why I bought another one,
on June 28, 2016
I've been using the iPad Air version of this case for a little over two years. It's not without its drawbacks and quirks, but even after all this time the black PU leather has not cracked or split, and has retained its grippiness and nice leather feel. The stitched-in shell must be made of polycarbonate; it won't bend or give at all at the corner clasps even now. I still have to wrestle the iPad out of the bottom clasps to easel it, and it requires a fairly firm push from the top when removing it occasionally for cleaning (case and iPad). The center closing clasp opens and closes easily, but holds the case closed, action of which still activates the wake/sleep switch. The inner material, some kind of grey suede, hasn't worn much visibly at all, although it does retain stains and dirt. The hand-strap has kept it's elasticity very well. Over time, though, the edges of the easeling channels have worn enough that the iPad tends to slip if I'm holding it on my lap and trying to tap though websites. Also when I'm watching videos with it on my tummy. No problems on a table or other stable surface. The full-open position for screen typing is great for me whether on a table or my lap. The center clasp acts as a retaining hook to keep the iPad from slipping any furthur. Other features: There are two other elastic bands, one that's in the last (top?) channel, which, I assume, is meant to hold the case open or hold the case closed. I've never used it for either purpose since the clasp has done it's job. The other elastic piece is supposed to be a stylus holder. The elasticity is all but shot, so it just hangs there. I really hadn't thought of snipping it off 'til just now!
Closing thoughts: Openings for camera, external mic, and top and side buttons are accurate. I've never dropped it onto anything harder than carpeting from about sofa-height, so I can't speak to that (it has been tossed plenty!). Only landscape viewing with easel, but most videos are horizontal anyway. Hand-strap is very comfortable for ibook reading, gets tiresome if web-browsing. It's a case for people who use their devices as tools not toys. Very secure and sturdy case, and I don't mind the quirks, If you need armoring, this isn't for you.
on May 28, 2016
I have tried four different iPad mini cases (TOPCHANCES Auto Sleep/Wake Function 360 Degree Rotating Smart Case Cover for 7.9 inch Apple iPad Mini/iPad Mini 2 with Retina with a Stylus as a Gift--Floral Pattern,Black (Black Embossed Flower),iPad Mini Case,Thankscase Rotating Case Cover for iPad Mini 1st Gen (Not fit iPad Mini 2, Mini 3 and Mini 4) with Wallet and Pocket with Hand Strap for iPad Mini 1st Gen.(Jade Green),iPad Mini 3 Case,iPad Mini Case,ULAK Ultra Slim 360 Rotating Smart Stand Case Cover for Apple iPad Mini 1/ iPad Mini 2/ iPad Mini 3 with Sleep/Wake Feature (Light Blue)) since I bought my mini. This was the first. Yes, it's a bit bulkier, so it's a bad choice if slender is what you want, but if you want a good stand or good protection, this is the only one of the four that provided either. The iPad generally stays in the slot I place it in, and even when it does occasionally slip out it is caught by the latch, so I don't have to worry about it falling. The iPad constantly slipped out of the others with even slight, gentle touches.

As for protection, I didn't use the TOPCHANCES one long enough to drop it (I still had expectations of the stand slots working, so I moved on to the Thankscase), but with both the Thankscase and the ULAK my iPad mini's screen cracked. The whole time I used the MoKo, no matter how many times I dropped it or what position it landed in it did not crack in the slightest. I think it is not just because of the somewhat thick case, as the Thankscase was about as thick, but how it holds the iPad: instead of a thin bit of plastic gripping the iPad, the MoKo is gripped at all four corners and the top and bottom between the corners by the padded back of the case itself, so it is, I imagine, more absorbent of impacts, and is thick enough to keep a relatively large distance between the iPad and floor.

Having replaced my damaged iPad mini, I have returned to MoKo and purchased a new one as I no longer trust any of these others to protect it. Really, I only tried the others because the MoKo one I originally bought was worn out.
on December 17, 2014
What I didn't like about this case...
(1) The way the iPad is held in the case, you must disengage two corners (which is not easy) in order to put it into easel mode. Since I use my iPad as an alarm clock, I need to set it in easel mode every night. This extra hassle is not welcome when I'm tired and just want to go to bed.
(2) The cover is held closed by a stiff curved piece that is difficult to engage/disengage. In addition to being inconvenient, it may either eventually cause wear on the side of the iPad or wear out the leather covering on the curved piece.
(3) The stylus loop is positioned way too low, unless you have a mini-stylus; a normal stylus hangs down beyond the end of the case/iPad by an inch or two. Alternatively, you would have to insert the stylus upside down (leaving it prone to falling out).
(4) The seam along the side nearest where you stick your hand in (when using the hand strap) is loosely sewn and it seems it wouldn't be long before the lining would start to fray.

Some features I did like...
(1) It was easy to hold in one hand. I am left-handed, so when using the hand strap I have to hold the iPad/case upside down, with the iPad's Home button on the top; but this seems to be common to all cases with hand straps.
(2) The auto wake/sleep feature worked. Every time.
(3) The grooves for holding the iPad in easel mode are nice and deep, so the iPad stays put at the angle you select.

The "didn't like" features were a deal-breaker for my needs, so when I checked (via the Amazon return procedure) about returning this item and saw that the cost to ship it back was 2/3 the cost of the item, I was quite annoyed and this review was much less kindly written. However, MoKo customer service contacted me (via the first comment below). They have offered to send me a different, similarly priced, case which does not have the "features" that I didn't like about this one. Wow. You can't get better customer service than that!
2 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on January 19, 2014
Not much to report about a tablet case, but this one fits great. Feels good in the hand. Not sure how long the inside microfiber fabric will hold up over time with it soaking up all the oils and stuff from the hand from holding it folded back over.

The outside surface on the blue pseudo-carbon fiber is textured so it has kind of a no slip feel. A plus in my opinion but I am sure there are those who prefer a slick, smooth surface. If that is your preference, you may wish to pass on the pseudo-carbon fiber pattern. I have a MoKo slim-fit for my Nexus 7 tablet in black and it has a pleather grain surface that is softer than this one.

Overall, for the price a bargain compared to those available at the big box stores. Don't hesitate to consider this case for any tablet MoKo makes one for.
on August 1, 2017
Excellent cover. The hand strap is a great help with holding the iPad. This is my second cover of this exact type. The first wore out on the bottom corners, but it took a few years. Nothing wrong with the first cover, just didn't look that great any longer. I am tempted to buy another to have as a spare in case they stop making this cover ??
on December 23, 2014
I own this case for 15 months. It is a very well-thought out case. I accidentally dropped my ipad mini for about three to five times throughout the past year and the case does save my ipad mini from damage. I took one star off because it leaves reddish stain on the white parts of my ipad mini, which is very weird because the linen of the cover ( the part that touches the ipad) is in gray. I am not too upset about this because I use screen protecter, so the stain is not really on my ipad mini. But if you care about appearance you may not be very happy about this, since the stain appeared just days after I got it. The other thing is that the orange skin on the four corners started to peel off around the 8th or 9th month. I carry my ipad mini to work everyday so it is in my gigantic tote with tones of sheet music all the time (I'm a private music lesson teacher) , that can be the reason. Now my case still does its job but if you look closely you will see all the tears on the corners. I am not planning on replacing it anytime soon, but that's because I don't mind the tears and wears. If you can't a stand shabby looking case, then you may want to skip this one, because the good look doesn't last very long.
2 helpful votes
on August 23, 2015
This review is of the MoKo Slim Fit Cover Case for iPad Mini. Specifically, I got this case for my iPad Mini with Retina Display (iPad Mini 2).

Shipping and packaging: I ordered this with Amazon Prime, and it arrived within two days as promised. It came packed securely in a large padded envelope.

Product usability: This iPad Mini case provides exceptional protection for the iPad Mini. I feel like with this case on, I could drop it on a hard floor and the iPad would be totally safe. The lid closes very tightly, and the iPad Mini is held securely in place by the six tabs surrounding the perimeter of the case. At first, I was dismayed by the stand mechanism because you have to wrestle two of the iPad's corners out of the case in order to stand it up, but after a few days this became second nature, and I love how deep the grooves in the stand are. This holds the iPad securely at multiple angles (only in landscape though). Overall I am very happy with the stand functionality. In terms of the hand strap, it is functional, and the elastic easily stretches to accommodate my large hand, but I don't find it a particularly comfortable way to view my iPad so I never used it except once or twice to try it out.

Durability: At first I was concerned with the material quality of the case. Right out of the package, it looked a little rough around the edges. However, I have been using it for a few weeks now and it is holding up flawlessly. It doesn't have quite the same superb fit and finish as other cases I have used, but it definitely is quality manufacturing and I am confident it will last for a very long time.

Final takeways: I absolutely love this case, but I do have some minor gripes. It is marketed as a Slim case, but it is much bulkier than any other "slim" case I have used in the past. Without the case, the iPad fits easily in my pants pocket, but with the case on, it's width is doubled and no longer fits in my pocket. With that said, the case does have two killer features that make up for the extra width - 1. Top notch protection of my iPad 2. A wonderfully functional stand that works at several different angles. These features are so good that I would prefer to keep this case, rather than to trade it in for a slimmer one. Although not exactly what I was originally expecting, it definitely is a wonderful case.

Full disclosure: I was provided with a free test unit and asked to share my honest review.