Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 15, 2016
I purchased 3 units to use as night lights for my girls and they have by far been the BEST investment for night lights I have ever made! I am writing this review after having these lights for 5 full years. All 3 are still working as they should and the battery is still keeping a charge for a full 12-18 hours. I say this b/c there have been some mornings I have forgotten to turn it off and it is still on when bedtime again. I then of coarse place it back on the charger and use a different one. Both of my girls normally would end up with one in their beds. The little GloMate remains cool to the touch and does not have anything that can harm your little one. I keep the docking station for the Mobi Tykelight GloMate out of reach so they do not get damaged. You will not be disappointed. I cannot say enough good things.
on November 29, 2011
The Mobi Tykelight Plus (Glo Night Light) is fabulous! We have had ours for about 2 years now. The HUGE benefits are that the base glows so even after auto shut off, the kids can still find it in the middle of the night. WHen it is removed from the base and when the power goes out, Mobi lights right up. The glow is soft so that it wont disturb the kids, even though it is right near one of my kid's head. When they get up to use the potty, they just grab Mobi by the hand and head downstairs. He is really easy to replace on the base, it only sits one way and will start recharging. You can tell by the base color if it is fully charged or not. The charge holds about 12 hrs which was great when we were without power for 6 days. We would charge it with the generator and they would have it all night. They love that it changes colors although mostly we leave it on rotate so everyone gets their favorite color. Im here buying another one for the camper! Truly, I can't say 1 bad thing about it, he even takes an "innocent" fall down the stairs with no issues.
on December 11, 2010
My daughter loved this guy, for two days. After the second night of use, I went to put it back on the charging station and noticed it didn't light up (red or green). Hmm, wiggled the cord, nothing. Checked that the power adapter was plugged in, yep, all good. Moved the figure slightly on the charging stand, nada. So on day 3, it's being sent back to Amazon (very impressed with how painless the return/exchange process has been). I'm hoping that we just got a dud, my daughter really liked the rainbow feature, and I liked how child friendly this little guy appeared to be.

Edit: Well, #2 has worked fine since arrival with none of the problems of #1. It lights up the room (quite brightly) and lasts most of the night, roughly 10+ hours. Ours generally stays on the rotating colors option, and it cycles consistently, even when on the charger. The exchange with Amazon was painless, #2 arrived within 2 days, before I had even had a chance to return #1. I'm hoping that this one lasts quite awhile, as my daughter finds it the most useful nightlight we've tried.
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 1, 2012
I originally got the Mobi TykeLight Portable GloMate. My daughter loved it and I liked the fact that it was easy to charge and that it turned on the minute that it leaves the charger or the charger loses power, which can be nice in the evenings if you lose power. My only complaint with it was that it kept burning out and I needed to replace it. When this newer model came out, I figured I would try it once more time, and 2 years later, it is still going strong with no problems. It still turns on if it is taken off the charger of the charger loses power, there is a timer, or no timer settings. It is perfectly safe to sleep with, it doesn't get hot or anything. It is safe to the touch. My daughter loves it and I love the fact that after two years I haven't had any problems with it.
on June 11, 2011
I cannot recommend this nightlight enough! When my son was an infant it was perfect for walking around the house at night without getting him too woken up and he would go right back to sleep. Now that he is almost 1 he sleeps with it in his crib every nap and every night. It never gets hot and is just enough light that he doesn't get scared if he wakes up in the middle of the night. He can find his binkie and go right back to sleep. When he is not sleeping I always keep it on the base and as long as it is fully charged when he goes to bed at night it will be lit until morning. I always bring it with me when we are traveling!

My only complaint is that the button on the bottom broke and I had to buy a second nightlight after about 10 months. Not the end of the world, but I was disappointed and the few days it took to get the new one weren't so smooth!
on December 22, 2010
This product gives a great light and my 3 year old son likes it, but the switch does not work consistently, must press it multiple times to get it on, then change colors and setting the timer is difficult because while pressing it, the colors just cycle around.
As a note for other parents, my son would happily go to bed with it but when I would check on him in a few hours he would be under the covers with the glomate up to his nose, zoning out staring at it, not asleep! We have since taken to putting it across the room on a tall dresser, setting the timer and telling the boy to go to sleep when it turns off.
All in all, a good idea for kids afraid of the dark. It is a good night light for walking around a dark house and would be great for those middle of the night feedings. Mine just has a faulty switch!
3 helpful votes
on December 10, 2011
My twin toddlers and I love the nightlight, when it works. I have bought three and two have not worked out of the box. This was not Amazon's fault. When the nightlight does work, it is wonderful and it keeps me buying more when it "burns out." I don't expect these things to last forever. A year is sufficient for every night, all night, multi-color use. But not working out of the box?? eep. I suggest buying this item from Babies R Us so at least you can take it back without having to go through the trouble of sending it back to Amazon- paying for the shipping and then being reimbursed for shipping and the item after having to make a phone call and emails.
3 helpful votes
on November 4, 2011
We ordered one of these when it first came out and when it arrived it didn't work at all. The glowing rim wouldn't light up red and green when it was supposed to, as if the sensors were faulty. We returned that one and were sent a replacement one. This one at least lights up, but since we've had it in our 2.5-year-old son's room it still hasn't functioned as described. It freaks out my son at night because without anyone touching or moving the light as it sits on its little stand it flickers back and forth from red to green and doesn't settle on one color. We no longer have the packaging to return it, but we've never been happy with the light, it has never worked correctly, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
on March 25, 2011
in the past I have bought many night lights for my kids, but when I found the Mobi GloMate, i said this is the one. I put my order in, and when we got them, my kids couldn't be any happier. They both love their Mobi GloMates, now they don't even call me at night when they need to go potty, because they have their GloMate at their side. Sure I feel a little hurt to have been replaced by this night light, but it comforts me that my kids have reached a new level of independence and confidence. It does exactly what the package says it does. It glows for 10 hours on one set color, and 8 hrs for the rainbow mode. It's small and semi-soft to the touch too. My kids love it. Best nite time investment.
on September 15, 2011
My kids and I really loved this light. My daughter especially liked the "rainbow mode" where the lights change color. However, after about 2 weeks, it just did not charge anymore. I sent it back and Amazon refunded my money. We also have the Tykelight Junior (for my son), which is not junior at all, it was bigger than this light. The Junior takes batteries and is still going strong. I liked the idea of a light that charged rather than always having to worry about replacing batteries, but in the end, we will probably get my daugther the same battery-operated Junior Tykelight that my son has. Really disappointing.