Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 73 reviews
on January 21, 2008
PROS: Mobi Cam was suggested to us by a good friend who had purchased one after trying many other types of monitors with no very good success. All other monitors seem to function on the same frequency as my wireless laptop and cordless phone whereas the Mobi Cam does not. With the other monitors we were restricted to placing the receiver on the floor in certain locations which changed daily otherwise you would not be able to hear my child all you would hear is static. Extremely irritating especially if you wanted to nap. The Mobi Cam works flawlessly without static and provides nice audio as well as great video. The voice activation feature works great to conserve batteries and also allows you to get some things done instead of staring at the monitor the whole time watching in amazement what a baby does when no one is around.

Con: Base on both the receiver and the transceiver are not the most stable but I do like the fact that the belt clip functions as a stand you can lean the monitor back against. If they could only make the bottom of both flat and not rounded it would be perfect.

Definitely recommend over all other monitors. We previously had a Fisher Price and disliked it greatly.
on December 6, 2013
Product was very useful when my children were very young. Well, if I had problems with interference with cordless phones and / or cell.
When there are many concrete walls or change of levels in the house imagens quality degraded.

Fue un producto muy usado cuando mis hijos estuvieron muy pequeños. Bueno, pero si tenia problemas con interferencia con telefonos inalambricos y/o celulares.
Cuando hay muchas paredes de concretos o cambiamos de niveles en la casa la calidad de la imagens se degradaba.
on May 23, 2017
The screen is too small and subject to interference (at least in my house). Still an effective way to listen for your baby.
on April 6, 2007
I've had my Mobicam for approximately a month. Initially, I was excited because the color is pretty good, but the nightvision is just so-so. It buzzes a lot at higher volume levels, so we have to keep it on 1 or 2 which too low to hear the baby. (Our room is close to his, so I can still hear him without the monitor)

Having said all of this, I still like it because I do not run to the baby's room with every peep, especially when we are in another part of the house. I can look at the monitor and see him and then decide whether or not I need to go.

I did try unplugging our cordless 900 mhz phones, but it did not help with the interference.
on May 1, 2007
I must admit the the other reviews left me somewhat skeptical to spend this much money on this item. Anyways, the item arrived and it set it up immediately. It works absolutely perfectly. As for the interference that the other reviewers are complaining about, it is to be expected. I get hardly no interference at all. Perhaps it is just the area where I reside. I've also been having a little fun with this item. I put it in a pitch black room and the video on the remote unit was great. It looked as if the were plenty of light in that room. Great product...
on January 10, 2007
My husband (suffering from cancer) needed me with him most of the time so it was mandatory that I had a monitor that I could not only hear him, but be able to see him as well. This was a perfect choice for me. It relieved some of the stress from running back and forth checking on him, before I could even return from completing a small task for him. You have the adapters to plug in for the monitor and camera, plus channels to choose from, so it can connect in any room. Batteries can be used - AA's 3 for monitor and 4 for camera, but they will run down quickly and hooking into an outlet usually works out. This is a color monitor, but it allows you to see at night time (infrared LEDs) with black and white image. Looking for this, Amazon's price was the best. I highly recommend this monitor and Amazon's price and delivery worked out very well for me.
on September 3, 2007
I found the MobiCam to be a great item, and a must if you have a baby or like us Hospicing a parent! It gave us a peace of mind, and we were able to get some sleep! Yes, I did go through batteries, when I used the batteries, but I learned to use them only when I had to, example for outside. At times I did get static, but I leaned what took the static out of the unit, as turning it as you would a radio, or put a glass of water next to it, believe it or not it helped.
on June 6, 2008
What do you want in a monitor. You don't want the monitor to be hissing and making noise all night. You don't want it making noise when the baby is just breathing normally. You want to hear when your baby starts fussing or crying. And you don't want hissing and popping. This device couldn't transmit through a single wall over ten feet. It was crackling for no good reason, and when our baby was crying the sound quality was terrible.
on February 1, 2007
I bought this Mobicam based on a recommendation from a friend. We really love being able to see and hear the baby vs. just listening on a monitor. The infrared feature is awesome - you can see in total darkness. I chose the 900mhz so that it wouldn't interfere with the 2.4 ghz wireless network nor the cordless phones in the house. This one has no interference from any of these devices. It does tend to pick up a little static from time to time, but is not really noticable. I guess I need to read the directions as well.. because I have yet to figure out how to turn the monitor off during the night (it's really bright), so right now we just kind of point it towards the wall. Overall, we love it and would purchase again
on January 21, 2007
This MobiCam has a better than average quality of a picture. The only problem I have with it, is if you turn it up too loudly - it does buzz and have a lot of static. But the night feature is great! I had just a listening monitor type which was good but I wanted to be able to see my granddaughter during the night when she sleeps over. With the night feature it looks like daytime in her room. I would certainly recommend it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.