Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 26, 2013
You just cannot beat this work for coverage--every country's statistics on everything plus discussions of everything including Geography and the people. Not sure where it got it's CIA title; I'm guessing 40 years ago it was issued as an aid to C.I.A. agents, their staff, wifes and kids to have an overview of a country. There's nothing secret about the information, but there is a ton of information on each country. The other source my patrons loved all the time was "Background Notes" issued by the State. Dept. I'll have to see if that's an APP. The CIA Factbook is a MUST-HAVE for every E-Pad, smartphone, and computer--you'll love it!
10 people found this helpful
on January 27, 2013
I don't know about the rest of you but I have to have a copy of this handy at all time. I read a lot of military fiction and news magazines and of course the NY Times, and BBC. So I find this very useful for looking up information about countries that I may be reading about, especially "Third World" countries that I may not know a lot about.
5 people found this helpful
on June 28, 2013
Would no longer display informaion and I could not reload it nor re-download it. When i wrote to the company the gave no real answers.
8 people found this helpful
on May 30, 2015
Very good reference work to get to grips with most countries. Where it is, size, population size and languages spoken, etc.
Informatio is given very short and sweet and digestible.
One person found this helpful
on June 19, 2013
I have used the CIA World FactBook for years. It is better than Wikipedia because of the level of research and accuracy. It is a quick reference to the world, languages, culture, criminal trends, political systems, monetary systems, economics and many other tidbits. For anyone traveling, studying, or just curious about the world, the World FactBook is a good place to start.
2 people found this helpful
on July 12, 2013
Very disappointed. The app was a big fail since no data was displayed about any of the countries I tapped on....just an empty screen each time.
8 people found this helpful
on January 22, 2013
This works great on my Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and is a great resource. It has maps and info about ANY country in the world that you can think of and a few I can't think of and didn't know existed!!! I read a lot of history and this is a real help when I need to see a map! I love this app!
4 people found this helpful
on May 22, 2013
As someone who likes to think that I am up to date on the world and its situations, the CIA World FactBook constantly challenges my knowledge. I have found myself sitting for hours just reading about countries that I thought I knew about and those countries that are just being established. The updates are frequent and will not lack for knowledge, I can see it being very useful for young people in school or anyone who still desires to know about this world we live in.
on January 24, 2017
Very disappointed. Just random nonsense
One person found this helpful
on October 30, 2013
I don't find myself really looking at this book very often but it's has all the (public) user information about the scope of the CIA and Many Many pages of info. about the world around us, and it let's you know that the CIA isn't just a (Spying Etc.) agency, and that to be the best at that you need to know and collect tons of non-secretive types of information.