Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Alienware Awbp18 Orion Notebook Backpack With Scanfast
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on October 13, 2011
This really is a beast of a backpack...it is heavy and well designed for the oversized, heavyweight gaming laptops. The main area holds my Qosmio X505, 18.4in laptap (has a specific pocket for the laptop), and has a small zippered pocket for loose CDs, papers, etc. The middle, same size as a the main, has a divided pocket and a mesh zippered pocket...I use this for my Cool Pad. The third, outside area is filled with little spaces for anything...your iPod, memory sticks, USB cords (actually labeled). What I didn't see from the picture, but are obvious now looking at it, are two more additional pockets for whatever small items you may have left behind...these are zippers on both sides of the Alien logo. This is a great backpack in general, if you want to spend the money; but for heavy laptops and lots of travel, this is a must have, quality backpack.
on September 20, 2011
This bag is great for those with really large laptops. Fit a Asus G74SX with no problems. Plenty of pockets and storage for everything you'll need.
on January 4, 2012
I bought this bag with the intention on using it for travelling during the Christmas period. I recently purchsed a Asus G74S (17.3" screen, Republic of Gamers) and needed something big enough to safely carry it and all the essentials that I need with it.

I did consider getting the M17 bag but to be honest this bag is perfect as i store my laptop in a neoprene slip to protect my laptop from getting scratched etc. Going through airports is very easy as you just open the bag up without needing to remove any of the straps that hold the laptop in place.

There are plenty of pockets for everything and the shoulder straps are very comfortable and distribute the weight evenly on my back. Those of a smaller stature may find the straps a little far apart, but for me at 6'-2" they are a good fit.

The only gripe I have with the bag is that the stitching on the trim inbetween the shoulder straps has pulled loose. I do not know when this occured, or how it occured, but it's a little worrying as this bag is meant to be caried about everyday. All the fittings/zips are sturdy enough, it's just the stitching in this one area.........

Anyway when I've got home from travelling I will be sure to chase up this problem as it's a great bag let down by such a small but fundamental issue.

edit -

Having contacted Amazon on the issue with the stitching they have given a full refund of my money with no hesitation, very pleased with their customer service. However, I'm still left with a bag i love with niggles that let it down.....
on March 8, 2012
I got an Asus G74 series 17.3" gaming laptop and wanted something that would be easy to travel with as I am on a plane at least once a month. This laptop bag fits:
- Asus G74 laptop & power brick
- gaming mouse & mouse pad, cell phone, etc. etc.
- 4 days worth of clothes
Going through security is so easy, instead of struggling to unzip my laptop bag and stick my computer into a basket now I just have to unzip my backpack and put it right on the conveyor belt.
The bag itself is quite sturdy, though the hard plastic on the front of the bag has scratched some from airport security. Scratched it may be, but having that hard cover on the front is great because it protects those front pockets where we tend to put cell phones, MP3 players, etc.
I'm quite pleased with this bag and recommended it to my father when he got his own Asus G74 laptop.
on April 2, 2012
I've had this bag to carry my Asus RoG laptop for just under 1 year. I travel frequently, and have dragged this bag back and forth through the airport dozens of times.

I love the "checkpoint friendly" main compartment pocket. Also, there's two additional compartments with multiple dividers, pockets, sleeves, etc. and keeps all of my accessories organzied and accessible. As a bonus, there are two somewhat hidden, zippered pockets on the front, and a mesh pocket (for small water bottles, etc.) that can be tucked away on the side. It also comes with the "cell phone" pocket on the shoulder strap, which would be perfect if you still carry one of the small Nokias or whatever. Maybe a granola bar, or spare lighter.

The only problem with the bag is the stitching. It seemed pretty sturdy when I bought it, but it was only a few months until it started to develop a hole on the main compartment's zipper stitching (right where the corner of my laptop pressed against it). In a few short weeks time, the hole was big enough for my to put a finger through and now is big enough for my whole hand. In addition, the stitching came apart at on the shoulder straps where it comes together behind my neck.

I will, most likely, be purchasing another one of these to replace mine. The convenience at the airport and the stylish design is perfect for me, but someone who doesn't want to have to throw this away after a year and buy a new one might wanna keep looking.
on October 6, 2011
I got this for my m18x and it fits well and securely in it. I have been using it for two weeks now on campus and I am pleased. The middle compartment has dividers for my different notebooks and the front pack has room and pockets to hold my power supply, power cable, mouse, calculator, with small compartments for pens, pencils, and even USB flash drives. There are also 2 hidden compartments on the front which can hold something small as well as another on the side which has a netting that can be pulled out to hold a bottled drink.

The stitching seems secure and safe and the padding is enough to make my 18 lbs of stuff feel acceptable. At first the netting cover on the back of the shoulder straps were a bit rough, but now they are feeling right.

I would recommend this to other people with large laptops who need to be mobile.
on May 14, 2012
Short and sweet: This is a good backpack for the large size (use it for AW M17x) and is ergonomically appropriate for it's large size. However, within a couple of days, the back sticking came undone (with regular use) and has exposed the cheap white foam underneath. Huge disappointment. Should have returned it when it first started coming loose, but I did not. :(. Not much more to say. Cannot recommend this bag if durability is at all an issue.
on November 20, 2013
I have mixed feelings concerning this backpack.
The size is huge, it fits my ASUS ROG 17.3" without an issue and it feels protected!
The backpack has several... and I mean SEVERAL compartments to store a ton of things. I am able to store the aforementioned laptop, a ruled notebook, my laptop's AC Adapter, my ipad, a book I am reading (Dune pt 1), the office' laptop (HP ProBook 4425s) and its AC Adapter, My headphones (Grado 80i) 2 memory sticks, my PS Vita, my presentation cards, my iPod, 2 fountain pens and another ruled notebook. (Yes, if I ever get robbed I will fall to my knees and cry)

Does this content make it heavy? Hell yeah, but the backpack is designed to hold this, otherwhise why would it have so many compartmets right? RIGHT?... well, this is where I take 2 stars away.

You see, all my childhood I used huge backpacks (I looked like a ninja turtle... except for the ninja skills and the muscles and the... ok ok, I just looked like a turtle) and they carried the books for all my classes. Whenever I pulled my backpack to put it on, I did it grabing one strap and lifting the backpack and that's how I've been doing the lifting of this backpack.

To my (sad) surprise, the stitches that are on the right strap (the "lifting strap") started to tear appart after 2 weeks of use. That is heartbreaking. I am very happy that I can store a lot of things besides my laptop but I am very disappointed that the backpack started to suffer damage in the 2cnd week! It was VERY expensive to get it to my country (final price with shipping was around 120$) and I expected it to last.

Sad panda is sad. Luckily, I know people with fine sewing skills that can help me (not that the damage is extensive, but it can become bad if I do not take care of it) but my point is that this shouldn't happen :(

Do I recommend it?
Yes, but treat it with care and do not think that because it has a ton of bags you can store a ton of things. Yes, I might have made a mistake bu putting too much weight on it but don't you think some sort of manual should come with the product? Mine did not at least.
on November 10, 2012
I like everything about this bag with two exceptions. First, the straps are awkardly designed and it doesn't hang very naturally on my shoulders. Second, the bag is coming apart in two places after only two months of use. I have owned far cheaper bags that have held up much better.
on November 29, 2013
Love it, i had it for a month almost. I had to returned another bag i bought for my 17inch HP laptop because it was too small for it. With this, it fits amazingly. I have more room than i was expecting, can fit a TON of stuff inside the bag. The one little downside is that i did notice a little of ripping on the threading of the bookbag, that kinda made me sad :( but it has life warranty right? i just hope if it ever rips the warranty claim won't be a pain in the ass. Time passed since that incident but the threading hasnt gone worse, just a tiny little bit, like one string almost ripped.

Nonetheless i love this book bag, i take it everywhere i go.