Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Go Mobile: Location-Based Marketing, Apps, Mobile Optimized Ad Campaigns, 2D Codes and Other Mobile Strategies to Grow Your Business Hardcover – January 11, 2012
|New from||Used from|
Windows 10 For Dummies Video Training
Get up to speed with Windows 10 with this video training course from For Dummies. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Authors: 10 Mobile Facts Every Marketer Must Know
1. There are 4.0 billion mobile phone owners on the planet. (from 60 Second Marketer)
2. Brands using SMS and MMS can reach nearly 95% of mobile phone subscribers on both smartphones and non-smartphones alike. (from Mobile Marketer)
3. 90% of text messages are read within 3 minutes of being delivered. (from Luxury Dialy)
4. 79% of smartphone users use their phone to help with shopping, with 74% ultimately making a purchase as a result. (from Search Engine Land)
5. Mobile coupons receive 10 times higher redemption rates than print coupons. (from Mobile Commerce Daily)
6. Mobile ads perform 4 to 5 times better than online ads in key metrics such as brand favorability, awareness, and purchase intent. (from InsightExpress)
7. 70% of mobile searches lead to action within one hour. It takes one month for the same percentage of desktop users to take action. (from Mobile Marketer
8. 16.7 million mobile subscribers, including 76% of the smartphone owners, used location-based check-in. (from comScore)
9. Android accounted for the largest share of location-based services users, with about 37% checking-in, while 34% of users checked in from an iPhone. (from comScore)
10. Additional marketing-based activities are even more popular, including receiving special offers by text message (54%) or scanning a QR code (58%). (from marketingcharts.com)
From the Back Cover
According to the Mobile Marketing Association, more people in the world own a mobile device than own a toothbrush. Morgan Stanley reports that the adoption of the iPhone happened at a rate 11 times faster than the adoption of AOL. And after 2013, the number one way people will access the Internet is via their smartphones.
Given all that, it's not surprising that corporations around the globe are embracing mobile marketing as a new and revolutionary tool that can help them connect with customers. Go Mobile will prepare you to set up, launch, and run a mobile marketing campaign that generates a positive ROI. Learn how to use QR codes, SMS, mobile apps, mobile websites, and other tools to help you get more customers, generate more referrals,and grow your revenues faster than ever before.
"A thorough introduction to the next frontier for permission marketing: mobile."
—Seth Godin, author of We Are All Weird and Permission Marketing
"Mobile marketing is a huge challenge for companies to consider. Learn all you can through books like this, and through diving in yourself."
—Chris Brogan, President of Human Business Works andcoauthor of Trust Agents
"Go Mobile is your must-read road map to the widely traveled road of mobile users. If you want to excel past a basic understanding of mobile marketing and truly connect with on-the-go consumers, study this book!"
—Michael Stelzner, founder of Social Media Examiner and author of Launch
Top Customer Reviews
Go Mobile: Location-Based Marketing, Apps, Mobile Optimized Ad Campaigns, 2D Codes and Other Mobile Strategies to Grow Your Business [Hardcover] by Jeanne Hopkins (Author) and Jamie Turner (Author).
Reading the following comment in Jeanne Hopkins' (VP Marketing, HubSpot) and Jamie Turner's (Founder, CCO, 60-Second Marketer) new book, "Go Mobile: Location-Based Marketing, Apps, Mobile Optimized Ad Campaigns, 2D Codes and Other Mobile Strategies to Grow Your Business" may inspire you to grab a copy and begin reading: "Gartner predicts that by 2013, the primary way people will access the Internet will be via their mobile browsers." As 2013 is at hand, if you'd like this enormous audience to access your business, too, then this book is for you.
If you are looking beyond just getting a better grasp of the mobile landscape, and are ready to take action by implementing at least a few of this book's mobile marketing strategies (outlined in a step-by-step manner), then grab a copy of this book and start reading.
"Go Mobile" is organized in the following four segments:
(1) Part 1 covers the mobile landscape and discusses some of the best practices used in various mobile marketing case studies ("The Mobile Marketing Landscape" - 6 Chapters)
(2) Part 2 outlines how to set up your business for success in mobile media ("Setting Yourself Up for Success" - 3 Chapters).Read more ›
This book explains some of the differences between PC-based online marketing and mobile marketing. In the process, it provides insights that can help give a business the edge over its competition.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
As more internet access now comes from smart devices than desktop computers, university curriculum for social media courses are adopting modules devoted to mobile marketing. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Jim Barry
Very complete with lots of useful information to share and use, highly recommended for all those who are starting in the mobile world and want to expand their knowledge base.Published on January 19, 2014 by daniel
Bought this book a while ago to help hubby open a business, however, things are a whole lot more hectic than we expected, haven't read it yet.Published on September 9, 2013 by Steven P. Garcia
I found this book very informative..1 The second chapter was a jumpstart that gives you enough information for any one to launch a mobile campaign.Published on August 11, 2013 by Jack Barros
Go Mobile is a great resource for those of us advising small businesses regarding how to establish an innovative, sustained, and effective mobile outreach strategy. Read morePublished on October 21, 2012 by Conor Cusack, M.P.A.
If you want a quick and to the point starter guide to mobile, this is it. I could not be more pleased. Very little fluff and tons of useful information. One of our best purchases.Published on September 17, 2012 by Envideation
When I scan their QR code in the video, it takes me to their website [...]. Why is their website not mobile optimized? Makes ya kinda wonder...Published on August 24, 2012 by A toy enthusiast
It was a good high level overview of the world of mobile marketing, but doesn't really delve too deep into any of the areas.Published on May 8, 2012 by Donna
Jeanne Hopkins and Jamie Turner make the emerging discipline of mobile marketing accessible to a wide audience. Their narrative is at times very general. Read morePublished on April 23, 2012 by Serge J. Van Steenkiste