Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Go Mobile: Location-Based Marketing, Apps, Mobile Optimized Ad Campaigns, 2D Codes and Other Mobile Strategies to Grow Your Business Hardcover – January 11, 2012
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Authors: 10 Mobile Facts Every Marketer Must Know
1. There are 4.0 billion mobile phone owners on the planet. (from 60 Second Marketer)
2. Brands using SMS and MMS can reach nearly 95% of mobile phone subscribers on both smartphones and non-smartphones alike. (from Mobile Marketer)
3. 90% of text messages are read within 3 minutes of being delivered. (from Luxury Dialy)
4. 79% of smartphone users use their phone to help with shopping, with 74% ultimately making a purchase as a result. (from Search Engine Land)
5. Mobile coupons receive 10 times higher redemption rates than print coupons. (from Mobile Commerce Daily)
6. Mobile ads perform 4 to 5 times better than online ads in key metrics such as brand favorability, awareness, and purchase intent. (from InsightExpress)
7. 70% of mobile searches lead to action within one hour. It takes one month for the same percentage of desktop users to take action. (from Mobile Marketer
8. 16.7 million mobile subscribers, including 76% of the smartphone owners, used location-based check-in. (from comScore)
9. Android accounted for the largest share of location-based services users, with about 37% checking-in, while 34% of users checked in from an iPhone. (from comScore)
10. Additional marketing-based activities are even more popular, including receiving special offers by text message (54%) or scanning a QR code (58%). (from marketingcharts.com)
From the Back Cover
Get your business to Go Mobile
According to the Mobile Marketing Association, more people in the world own a mobile device than own a toothbrush. Morgan Stanley reports that the adoption of the iPhone happened at a rate 11 times faster than the adoption of AOL. And after 2013, the number one way people will access the Internet is via their smartphones.
Given all that, it's not surprising that corporations around the globe are embracing mobile marketing as a new and revolutionary tool that can help them connect with customers. Go Mobile will prepare you to set up, launch, and run a mobile marketing campaign that generates a positive ROI. Learn how to use QR codes, SMS, mobile apps, mobile websites, and other tools to help you get more customers, generate more referrals,and grow your revenues faster than ever before.
"A thorough introduction to the next frontier for permission marketing: mobile."
—Seth Godin, author of We Are All Weird and Permission Marketing
"Mobile marketing is a huge challenge for companies to consider. Learn all you can through books like this, and through diving in yourself."
—Chris Brogan, President of Human Business Works andcoauthor of Trust Agents
"Go Mobile is your must-read road map to the widely traveled road of mobile users. If you want to excel past a basic understanding of mobile marketing and truly connect with on-the-go consumers, study this book!"
—Michael Stelzner, founder of Social Media Examiner and author of Launch
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
This book shows you step by step a great marketing plan and even has checklists for your convenience. I would have to say this will be a classic. There are only some minor things that might need updating to a newer version. This version is great anyhow.
Go Mobile: Location-Based Marketing, Apps, Mobile Optimized Ad Campaigns, 2D Codes and Other Mobile Strategies to Grow Your Business [Hardcover] by Jeanne Hopkins (Author) and Jamie Turner (Author).
Reading the following comment in Jeanne Hopkins' (VP Marketing, HubSpot) and Jamie Turner's (Founder, CCO, 60-Second Marketer) new book, "Go Mobile: Location-Based Marketing, Apps, Mobile Optimized Ad Campaigns, 2D Codes and Other Mobile Strategies to Grow Your Business" may inspire you to grab a copy and begin reading: "Gartner predicts that by 2013, the primary way people will access the Internet will be via their mobile browsers." As 2013 is at hand, if you'd like this enormous audience to access your business, too, then this book is for you.
If you are looking beyond just getting a better grasp of the mobile landscape, and are ready to take action by implementing at least a few of this book's mobile marketing strategies (outlined in a step-by-step manner), then grab a copy of this book and start reading.
"Go Mobile" is organized in the following four segments:
(1) Part 1 covers the mobile landscape and discusses some of the best practices used in various mobile marketing case studies ("The Mobile Marketing Landscape" - 6 Chapters)
(2) Part 2 outlines how to set up your business for success in mobile media ("Setting Yourself Up for Success" - 3 Chapters).
(3) Part 3 describes practical tactics used in mobile marketing ("Taking A Deeper Dive Into Mobile Marketing Tools Pool" - 8 Chapters).
(4) Part 4 discusses business-to-business (B2B) mobile marketing, mobile ROI, and the core characteristics of successful mobile marketing campaigns ("Expanding Your Horizons" - 5 Chapters).
Each of these four segments offers practical guidance for implementing effective, efficient, and integrated mobile marketing tools (such as location-based marketing; mobile apps development; mobile optimized ad campaigns; keyword and QR code usage; mobile display ads and search; and more).
Clearly written and easy to understand, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much you can do with a mobile strategy for your own business right now. Highly recommended.
This book explains some of the differences between PC-based online marketing and mobile marketing. In the process, it provides insights that can help give a business the edge over its competition.
In a succinct and easy to read manor, "Go Mobile" comprehensively goes through each major mobile marketing tool (mobile web sites, keyword and QR code usage, mobile display ads and search, mobile apps, location based marketing, etc.), thoroughly explaining the tool and real world examples on how they are used today by some of the most astute marketers, combined with savvy advice on how anyone can put them into practice.
In short, if you read one book on this topic, in my opinion, "Go Mobile" is the one to buy, worth many multiples the price of the publication.