Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 3,431-3,440 of 35,917 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56,324 reviews
on December 31, 2013
I have read it and hope to see the movie when it comes out (in two parts I hear). I was sooo surprised at the end of the movie "Catching Fire" that I had to buy the book again and re-read it to see if it was justified. My daughter claims it isn't, that the movie followed the story very closely and I must have forgotten the end of the book. Maybe so, we'll see. Anyway, I just want to freshen my memory of this one BEFORE the movie!
on March 11, 2011
wow...whew...what can I say? I have this weird feeling in my stomach, and I am having a hard time describe it. Its like the feeling you have after you have an epiphany, while electrically shocked. This could be THE best possible way ever to end a book series. I know it doesn't fit the standards of others, but I was very impressed. Too Impressed. This book had action, love, regret, sorrow, hate, pain, and an ENORMOUS amount of imagination. I didn't want it to end. Suzanne Collins, my figuratively spoken hat, goes off to you.

Oh, and read the first 2 masterpieces before you buy the third:)
on January 14, 2016
Much better than the movies.
on December 19, 2012
I love the Hunger Games trilogy! It's enough actions and adventure to keep the reader entertained while adding some underlying romantic moments. I like this series so much because its not the typical lovey-dovey teenage girl read; it's a journey of a heroine who struggles through tough choices. I enjoy how it's written because although you figured out the ultimate ending, you have no clue how the story will arrive there-meaning its not predictable. I'm very happy with this purchase!! I would recommend this whole series.
on April 13, 2012
however I am not sure this is suitable reading for teens or kids right before bed-time. I do think this book is more suited for an adult, grown-up audience, but then adults beware! This book will capture your mind and you will not be able to stop reading it. Right after reading the Hunger Games I read the other 2 books in the series and they were just as capturing as the first installment.
This is one of the best books I read this year - and I definately recommend reading the book over watching the movie.Great book, I am sure I will read it again and again and again.
on March 3, 2017
I had seen the movies before and I dint really like them so when I started to read this I was amazed by how different it was and it was in a really good way.
on May 27, 2012
I didn't fall in love with the first book like everyone else seemed to, but I really liked Peeta and wanted to see how things played out for him. The book didn't really give me that sense of knowing. I felt let down by the ending. For all I had to get through to get to the ending, it was pathetic. This book felt like the writer wasn't sure what story she wanted to tell and was just writing because she wasn't sure how to end it. The book dragged along and then just kind of fell of an edge abruptly. I wasn't expecting happily ever after but this was just not good.
on June 11, 2017
It was good because there was a lot of detail and so interesting and it was so cute when Peeta and Kattnis kissed.
on July 24, 2014
I don't think it schools have ended that quickly it was prim died gale moves away she never sees haymitch peeta comes they gat better and then they have babies. Overall it was a great trilogy filled with action and adventure. I hope if ms. Collins reads this that she decides to make an alike series about Maybe Katniss's children or in another tribute or even gale or peetas perspective
on April 3, 2016
My girlfriend really liked this series, and loves having the hardback boxed sets of series she enjoys. These books look great up on the shelf. I know that she has read through them, but I'm only allowed to touch the paper back copies.