Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

56,397
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 4,141-4,150 of 35,971 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56,397 reviews
on February 4, 2014
I was worried about purchasing the kindle version of the trilogy based on some past reviews regarding formatting issues, but I have not noticed any formatting issues and am very happy with my purchase. The only problem I have come across purchasing the Kindle version versus purchasing the printed version is that I sometimes read for so many hours at a time that my battery dies! :)
on January 3, 2013
I really enjoyed the other two books in The Hunger Games trilogy and thus was extremely disappointed with this one. Katniss was not the hero she had become in the other books. In this book she was selfish, whiney and redundant. I read more than half the book still waiting for her redeeming qualities to emerge, but they didn't. I waited the whole book for a better story line between her, Peeta and Gale but that never happened. Overall, very, very disappointing.
on December 23, 2014
After reading THE GIVER and DIVERGENT, this Dystopian novel comes in first and actually manages to deliver a fairly clear and simple message. Like it's contemporaries, the age of the main characters and intensity of violence is highly improbable however the young target audience will most likely not notice.
on January 3, 2014
I love this book. It makes you feel for the characters and everything in the book. I cried, laughed, got angry, and connected. The end kind of sucked for me considering it left so many unanswered questions for me and it was the last of the series but I hope there answered in the movie! I love this series and I hope the last one is the perfect way to end a great series for you as well !!!
on June 11, 2015
These books are very nice. Upon receiving them and cracking open the first book, I was amazed at the quality. I told my daughter that if she took care of them they would still be nice books for her grandkids. There is nothing like reading from a well made hardcover book.
on August 16, 2011
This final book of the series was just as wonderful as the prior two. The author is extremely talented at making you feel like you are present in this story and makes you truly care about the fate of the character and the people of Panem. If more authors could weave a story such as this I would never put my kindle down! As a busy working mom this was a delight to just escape into a story that was surprise after suprise whether it be sad or joyful. Lastly, the ending did not disappoint which so often happens with other books, thank you Suzanne Collins!
on January 20, 2014
The finale of the series is sufficiently dark and does not go into sudden heroics mode. Katniss is still wracked by all her frustrations and lingering doubts about the stuff that she has to take up. The twist in the end with the Presidents seems hackneyed, but people who did not see it coming will still be blindsided.
The one thing that is resolved very simply is the love triangle.
on January 2, 2014
I loved the Hunger Games series. Twisted, disturbing plots, but Collins keeps the readers' interest from start to finish. I believe it's supposed to be a Young Adult or Young Readers series, this adult still found the books to be a good read. Much better than the movies (and the movies were pretty good)!
on April 29, 2012
Loved these books. The story line was great! My preteen daughter and I read them aloud together, and she is now reading them alone a second time. This is a great story to read with your child. It has all the drama, suspense, surprises, and action all preteens and teens love. We read the story before seeing the movie and cannot wait for the next movie to come out, but as my daughter said, "the books are always better then the movie". Also, I priced this set in several stores and Amozon had the best price!!!
on December 2, 2013
I could see our world leaning this way one day. One can only hope people read this trilogy and think.Could this really happen?