- Paperback: 446 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (May 19, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470025700
- ISBN-13: 978-0470025703
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.9 x 9.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,567,217 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #147 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Management
- #2621 in Books > Textbooks > Computer Science > Software Design & Engineering
- #5940 in Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Model-Driven Software Development: Technology, Engineering, Management 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Model-Driven Software Development (MDSD) is currently a highly regarded development paradigm among developers and researchers. With the advent of OMG’s MDA and Microsoft’s Software Factories, the MDSD approach has moved to the centre of the programmer’s attention, becoming the focus of conferences such as OOPSLA, JAOO and OOP.
MDSD is about using domain-specific languages to create models that express application structure or behaviour in an efficient and domain-specific way. These models are subsequently transformed into executable code by a sequence of model transformations.
This practical guide for software architects and developers is peppered with practical examples and extensive case studies. International experts deliver:
- A comprehensive overview of MDSD and how it relates to industry standards such as MDA and Software Factories.
- Technical details on meta modeling, DSL construction, model-to-model and model-to-code transformations, and software architecture.
- Invaluable insight into the software development process, plus engineering issues such as versioning, testing and product line engineering.
- Essential management knowledge covering economic and organizational topics, from a global perspective.
Get started and benefit from some practical support along the way!
About the Author
Thomas Stahl is Chief Architect at b+m Informatik AG. Thomas’ focus and expertise is in Model-Driven Software Development, of which he has extensive practical experience. Thomas is a journal-published writer, IT conference speaker and originator of the open-source MDSD-platform openArchitectureWare.
Markus Völter is an independent consultant for software technology and engineering. Markus focuses on software architecture and Model-Driven Software Development, in which he is a well-regarded authority. A Wiley Software Design Patterns Series published author, Markus also writes for journals and speaks at conferences on his area of expertise.