- Hardcover: 96 pages
- Publisher: Littlehampton Book Services Ltd; Revised edition edition (September 1, 1972)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0706400429
- ISBN-13: 978-0706400427
- Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 8.1 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,742,795 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Model Soldiers Hardcover – September 1, 1972
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top Customer Reviews
This is a coffee-table book which provides a good survey of the types of model soldiers out there. It doesn't go into detail on how to convert or build your own model soldiers. Intuitively, the various historical and period themes for assembling and starting a collection are inherent in this book. The pictures are a mix of b/w and colour pictures. The author includes some of his collection in this book, which comprises converted W Britains and many excellent scratchbuilt coaches and carriages. The style is evocatively attractive of the British Empire and eminently collectible. Some of the colour pictures look slightly garish and appeared to have been retouched before printing. But that just contributes to the nostalgic charm of this book.