- File Size: 628 KB
- Print Length: 262 pages
- Publication Date: July 26, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005EOTH24
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #12,459 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.95|
Save $2.96 (23%)
Models: Attract Women Through Honesty Kindle Edition
Kindle Feature Spotlight
|Length: 262 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-3 of 496 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Firstly about the Author:
The book was written by Mark Manson. From what I gather, he's a traveler and has helped men around the globe with psychological, sexual and 'connection' issues with women. He owns and runs the website [...] and has a few products there.
The underlying theme I personally felt was about "investing in yourself" and being 'honest'. Having read a few PUA books, I felt this was its strong point. The book goes through a few parts, I may need to put a disclaimer here but this is how I felt about the book:
1. You are first introduced to the author and go through a few stories. One did hit the nail on the head with me. Mark then goes through different types of men and women.
2. You are then introduced to the theme of 'investing in yourself' - by investing in yourself, you reduce your 'neediness' and hence in turn become more 'attractive'. The principle is by actually having a voice, being who you want to be - you will actually find women who you want to be around, and more importantly you will most likely stand out around the crowd.
3. Mark then goes through his 3 key principles to achieve this: Honest Living, Honest Action and Honest Communication. By living who YOU want to be, by doing things that express who YOU are and by communicating YOUR honest thoughts - you will in turn become 'attractive'.
The parts that resonated with me:
1. Don't fear rejection
2. The more people you meet in life (through rejection) can only lead to meeting more people that you want to actually be with.
3. 'Demographics' - go to places where you will most likely find people you want to be with.
4. Express who you are and be proud of it.
5. Know your intentions - go out with those intentions.
6. You don't need openers. Just be yourself - 'My name is ______' works just fine.
7. Polarize people as soon as you can (shift them from attracted / not attracted )
There are other gems in the book I'm sure. After filtering in through all the reviews and comments I felt that I needed to write this review for those who are on the fence.
What to EXPECT:
1. A 'guide' to approaching women through honesty
2. A way to meet people you will most likely enjoy to be with in the future.
3. Build some confidence - get out there boy ;)
4. I want to state number 1 again: honesty is the key theme here.
5. Arguably a 'long term solution' & Arguably a more mature one?
What NOT to EXPECT:
1. This is not holy grail of knowledge, some of it is obvious. Hence why some reviews stated they knew most of this stuff. If you are living a great life (job etc), you are clear in your opinions and intentions, and you can communicate well don't bother with this book. You already got it =)
2. You won't get pick up lines, theories or openers.
3. You will not learn how to become the ultimate player - if that is your intention - there are great PUA options out there.
4. You will not attract ALL women - you will increase your chances to attract women that are more likely to be attracted in the 'real' you.
5. Numbers game. He hates it - so if you want to sleep with lots and lots of women and already doing so - read something else. Like I said - plenty of PUA books that tackle that.
Why is it NOT 5 stars?
1. You will note reviews on Amazon are very directed to how Mark has 'an agenda' in this book. I felt this agenda was that he is a bit 'against' Pick Up Artists (who don't use honesty - through tricks and things that clearly aren't who they are). Many times he will reflect on how PUAs don't use honesty and hence you won't find people for the long term. He did however state this in the book description. I don't like it when an author needs to constantly validate his method against PUAs. Just once is fine, not consistently. I also respect some PUAs I know and they are as direct as they can be - they aren't all about tricks.
2. My grammar is bad - but I am very certain this book was not proof read. It's messy and a bit over the place in terms of actual text. If you read the book, you will understand I am very strict to this sense only because he reads quite a bit of literature - he should also appreciate that paying readers expect a book that has been proof read.
3. It was not concise, when at many times it could have been. Again - I pitch this as a problem since he teaches us to be concise.
I personally liked the book - would of given it 3.5/5 (I'm going to round up here). I think its down to earth and very personal. You will see swear words, you will read Mark's stories, and you will find a gem that reminds you that you are unique. In a nutshell - it's a lifestyle book. I'm confident after reading this book I will not attract all the women in the world. I will however, find (possibly sleep with) more women that I personally want to be with. This is my personal goal though, and I prefer it this way.
Hope this helps.
"The goal is to create powerful connections with women instead of trying to impress them. It's the most mature and honest guide on how a man can attract women without faking behavior, without lying and emulating others. Stop ACTING like an attractive man and BECOME an attractive man."
This book is good for everyone, man, women, gay, straight, married, single. It's about communication and bettering yourself and understanding the complexity and dynamics of communication and dating. It's just specifically written for single men, so a single man would benefit the most from it.
My love life has shown SIGNIFICANT positive change right away. Even someone like me, who has had many years of experience in dating, relationships, and such--has benefited greatly because now I UNDERSTAND clearly all the things I've done right and wrong all these years. I understand the principles and fundamentals of why certain things work and others don't.
Most of all, this book is one of the few honest and positive books in the men's dating advice genre. Most of the others are gimmicks and/or full of misogyny. This is just about becoming a better man in life, and thus becoming better in dating because of that.
Thank you Mark Manson, this book should be required reading for all young men. I wish I read this years ago when I was fresh out of high school. But better late than never!
Manson stands as a legitimate and relatable source of information. Once a hopeless loser with a streak of bad luck when it came to relationships, Manson soon became a PUA expert, bagging women weekly like the best of them. However, he soon became fed up with the pick-up life, finding dissatisfaction in its deceitful methods and its immature glorification of shallow sexual encounters at the expense of developing true relationships, and he eventually changed his methods. Enjoying his newfound results, he later wrote this book expounding on the many things that he'd learned along the way.
For the completely uninitiated in the ways of women, this is an excellent start. Along with "The Manual" by W. Anton, another guide for which I wrote a glowing review, "Models" describes many ways to improve your interactions with the ladies while still treating them with respect and being open with your intentions without compromising your personality or beliefs. If you've already read "The Manual", there is still helpful information available in "Models" that further supplements the former. My only complaint (and it seems to be shared by many who have reviewed it) is that the book can get, at times, puffy with repetitive examples of a concept. If you grasped it the first time around, you're free to skim, but on a positive note, Manson ensures that no one will walk away from his book feeling improperly schooled on one of his teachings.
In summation, if you've got troubles dealing with women or could just stand to use a refresher, look to "Models." I'm also glad to see that the Kindle price was reduced since I purchased it - I paid over $16 altogether - and it's now available in paperback for only slightly more. Get to it and reap the benefits!