- File Size: 855 KB
- Print Length: 262 pages
- Publication Date: July 26, 2011
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005EOTH24
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #88,024 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Models: Attract Women Through Honesty Kindle Edition
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Firstly about the Author:
The book was written by Mark Manson. From what I gather, he's a traveler and has helped men around the globe with psychological, sexual and 'connection' issues with women. He owns and runs the website [...] and has a few products there.
The underlying theme I personally felt was about "investing in yourself" and being 'honest'. Having read a few PUA books, I felt this was its strong point. The book goes through a few parts, I may need to put a disclaimer here but this is how I felt about the book:
1. You are first introduced to the author and go through a few stories. One did hit the nail on the head with me. Mark then goes through different types of men and women.
2. You are then introduced to the theme of 'investing in yourself' - by investing in yourself, you reduce your 'neediness' and hence in turn become more 'attractive'. The principle is by actually having a voice, being who you want to be - you will actually find women who you want to be around, and more importantly you will most likely stand out around the crowd.
3. Mark then goes through his 3 key principles to achieve this: Honest Living, Honest Action and Honest Communication. By living who YOU want to be, by doing things that express who YOU are and by communicating YOUR honest thoughts - you will in turn become 'attractive'.
The parts that resonated with me:
1. Don't fear rejection
2. The more people you meet in life (through rejection) can only lead to meeting more people that you want to actually be with.
3. 'Demographics' - go to places where you will most likely find people you want to be with.
4. Express who you are and be proud of it.
5. Know your intentions - go out with those intentions.
6. You don't need openers. Just be yourself - 'My name is ______' works just fine.
7. Polarize people as soon as you can (shift them from attracted / not attracted )
There are other gems in the book I'm sure. After filtering in through all the reviews and comments I felt that I needed to write this review for those who are on the fence.
What to EXPECT:
1. A 'guide' to approaching women through honesty
2. A way to meet people you will most likely enjoy to be with in the future.
3. Build some confidence - get out there boy ;)
4. I want to state number 1 again: honesty is the key theme here.
5. Arguably a 'long term solution' & Arguably a more mature one?
What NOT to EXPECT:
1. This is not holy grail of knowledge, some of it is obvious. Hence why some reviews stated they knew most of this stuff. If you are living a great life (job etc), you are clear in your opinions and intentions, and you can communicate well don't bother with this book. You already got it =)
2. You won't get pick up lines, theories or openers.
3. You will not learn how to become the ultimate player - if that is your intention - there are great PUA options out there.
4. You will not attract ALL women - you will increase your chances to attract women that are more likely to be attracted in the 'real' you.
5. Numbers game. He hates it - so if you want to sleep with lots and lots of women and already doing so - read something else. Like I said - plenty of PUA books that tackle that.
Why is it NOT 5 stars?
1. You will note reviews on Amazon are very directed to how Mark has 'an agenda' in this book. I felt this agenda was that he is a bit 'against' Pick Up Artists (who don't use honesty - through tricks and things that clearly aren't who they are). Many times he will reflect on how PUAs don't use honesty and hence you won't find people for the long term. He did however state this in the book description. I don't like it when an author needs to constantly validate his method against PUAs. Just once is fine, not consistently. I also respect some PUAs I know and they are as direct as they can be - they aren't all about tricks.
2. My grammar is bad - but I am very certain this book was not proof read. It's messy and a bit over the place in terms of actual text. If you read the book, you will understand I am very strict to this sense only because he reads quite a bit of literature - he should also appreciate that paying readers expect a book that has been proof read.
3. It was not concise, when at many times it could have been. Again - I pitch this as a problem since he teaches us to be concise.
I personally liked the book - would of given it 3.5/5 (I'm going to round up here). I think its down to earth and very personal. You will see swear words, you will read Mark's stories, and you will find a gem that reminds you that you are unique. In a nutshell - it's a lifestyle book. I'm confident after reading this book I will not attract all the women in the world. I will however, find (possibly sleep with) more women that I personally want to be with. This is my personal goal though, and I prefer it this way.
Hope this helps.
the weakness of the book however lie on the poor organization of the book, say for example you want to reference a specific part of the book to re-read and touch on key points, well that isn't happening since the book does a really poor job at organizing key points, you are going to have to highlight what you think is important so you can reference it later on.
also i think this book, i mean the font and the formatting to put it politely is extremely distracting and plain disorganized the book pages feel like you are jumping back and forth instead of smooth reading and point convey is kinda everywhere it feels like you are reading a draft rather than a well polished edited and proofread book.
however i think that even with that sloppy formatting, you shouldn't be put off to buying it, because plainly put the content itself is not devalued on the formatting, i think this book really offers a LOT of useful information that is well put together.
maybe another thing that you might be put off by, i think is that mark tries to argue counter to Mystery Method, which i guess is good if you have read the book,you'll understand where he is coming from and what is up, if you haven't you might even be triggered to read that book, which is not bad, but i really think this book beats a lot of dating books because plainly put. it just offers the most closely dating advice compared to the real world of course there is things that are or can be off or not working but it still a really good book, really recommend this book and its reading list too to improve your dating skills with women.
as a side not, i don't know if mark ever read the book called Mode One but i have to say the philosophy on this book and that other book are really linked together, maybe it holds direct principles but still some sounded familiar to me.
i really hope mark sometime in the future translates the book to other languages since this has to be a part of every man's library repertoire, even if you don't like reading this might be the book for you if you are having issues on dating. :D cheers hoped i helped the next guy who wants to buy this book, don't even think about it and buy it.
The book is not revolutionary in terms of ideas, nothing ground-breaking here. However, it does make you think about how to deal with rejection, why you should have high standards, and maybe most importantly: what defines a real man. For me the book was a quick and pleasant read and I would recommend it to any real man that doesn't recognise himself in manipulating women and that is willing to put in real effort, instead of looking for another bulls*** quick fix from a so called expert.