Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Models: Attract Women Through Honesty Paperback – July 28, 2011
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Firstly about the Author:
The book was written by Mark Manson. From what I gather, he's a traveler and has helped men around the globe with psychological, sexual and 'connection' issues with women. He owns and runs the website [...] and has a few products there.
The underlying theme I personally felt was about "investing in yourself" and being 'honest'. Having read a few PUA books, I felt this was its strong point. The book goes through a few parts, I may need to put a disclaimer here but this is how I felt about the book:
1. You are first introduced to the author and go through a few stories. One did hit the nail on the head with me. Mark then goes through different types of men and women.
2. You are then introduced to the theme of 'investing in yourself' - by investing in yourself, you reduce your 'neediness' and hence in turn become more 'attractive'. The principle is by actually having a voice, being who you want to be - you will actually find women who you want to be around, and more importantly you will most likely stand out around the crowd.
3. Mark then goes through his 3 key principles to achieve this: Honest Living, Honest Action and Honest Communication. By living who YOU want to be, by doing things that express who YOU are and by communicating YOUR honest thoughts - you will in turn become 'attractive'.
The parts that resonated with me:
1. Don't fear rejection
2. The more people you meet in life (through rejection) can only lead to meeting more people that you want to actually be with.
3. 'Demographics' - go to places where you will most likely find people you want to be with.
4. Express who you are and be proud of it.
5. Know your intentions - go out with those intentions.
6. You don't need openers. Just be yourself - 'My name is ______' works just fine.
7. Polarize people as soon as you can (shift them from attracted / not attracted )
There are other gems in the book I'm sure. After filtering in through all the reviews and comments I felt that I needed to write this review for those who are on the fence.
What to EXPECT:
1. A 'guide' to approaching women through honesty
2. A way to meet people you will most likely enjoy to be with in the future.
3. Build some confidence - get out there boy ;)
4. I want to state number 1 again: honesty is the key theme here.
5. Arguably a 'long term solution' & Arguably a more mature one?
What NOT to EXPECT:
1. This is not holy grail of knowledge, some of it is obvious. Hence why some reviews stated they knew most of this stuff. If you are living a great life (job etc), you are clear in your opinions and intentions, and you can communicate well don't bother with this book. You already got it =)
2. You won't get pick up lines, theories or openers.
3. You will not learn how to become the ultimate player - if that is your intention - there are great PUA options out there.
4. You will not attract ALL women - you will increase your chances to attract women that are more likely to be attracted in the 'real' you.
5. Numbers game. He hates it - so if you want to sleep with lots and lots of women and already doing so - read something else. Like I said - plenty of PUA books that tackle that.
Why is it NOT 5 stars?
1. You will note reviews on Amazon are very directed to how Mark has 'an agenda' in this book. I felt this agenda was that he is a bit 'against' Pick Up Artists (who don't use honesty - through tricks and things that clearly aren't who they are). Many times he will reflect on how PUAs don't use honesty and hence you won't find people for the long term. He did however state this in the book description. I don't like it when an author needs to constantly validate his method against PUAs. Just once is fine, not consistently. I also respect some PUAs I know and they are as direct as they can be - they aren't all about tricks.
2. My grammar is bad - but I am very certain this book was not proof read. It's messy and a bit over the place in terms of actual text. If you read the book, you will understand I am very strict to this sense only because he reads quite a bit of literature - he should also appreciate that paying readers expect a book that has been proof read.
3. It was not concise, when at many times it could have been. Again - I pitch this as a problem since he teaches us to be concise.
I personally liked the book - would of given it 3.5/5 (I'm going to round up here). I think its down to earth and very personal. You will see swear words, you will read Mark's stories, and you will find a gem that reminds you that you are unique. In a nutshell - it's a lifestyle book. I'm confident after reading this book I will not attract all the women in the world. I will however, find (possibly sleep with) more women that I personally want to be with. This is my personal goal though, and I prefer it this way.
Hope this helps.
This review has been a long time coming. This book has entered my life in my first year of Medical School (over 7 years ago!) and has been a life turning point in my life. It started me on a path of undoing years of bad habits, insecurities, low self-esteem and misconceptions about dating that stemmed from being overweight in middle school and high school. Naturally, I read Neil Strauss's "The Game" prior to finding this gem, however, I could not connect with The Game's characters other than on a superficial level regarding my insecurities involving approaching the opposite sex.
Enter Models where Mark does a fantastic job breaking down the basics of dating and relationships. Through Mark's sharing of anecdotes and experiences, he sends you down your own path of introspection and encourages you to examine your motives behind your thoughts and actions. Most importantly, it encourages you to start THINKING rather than focus on ACTING. Do expect this book to change you overnight while remembering that self-improvement is a life-long process that takes practice, reflection, and more practice.
After my fantastic journey with many women from all walks of life and ethnicity, and after 7 years since reading Models, I have met and woo'ed my life partner. I have recommended this book to over 30 friends and associates. I will definitely have my own children read this book as soon as they are of age. I am looking forward to the day when Mark will replace the Dr. Phil's and Oprahs on mainstream dating advice and start a global healing process so people can learn how to get along with the opposite sex and have fun. Honesty becomes a real man's best friend in the dating world and beyond.
This is the single best written how-to PUA book ever. I still recommend people start with Neil Strauss's "The Game" if they are new to the idea of pick-up. But "the Game" is not a how-to manual, its an interesting story about interesting people. For a really solid "how-to" manual, this is the best book out there. Its even better than Strauss's attempt to write a how-to manual "Rules to the Game."
I have read tons and tons of books in the PUA world. I read the books by David DeAngelo, Mystery, Savoy and most of the big names in the community. This book is the best I've ever seen. Not just because it gives useful and practical advise, but because he really seems to grasp the idea of treating women like human beings, but he still understands a man's desire to get laid and he avoids lame, useless advice like "be yourself."
I have never seen anyone else strike that balance in a PUA book before. Usually guys either fall down the slippery slope of getting very good at getting laid, but treating women like s*** or they start to kind of worship women and lose the ability to get laid with large numbers of women and enjoy one night stands.
Mark Manson somehow manages to avoid the trap that so many before him fell into. This is the direction the PUA community should go in.