- Series: Industrial Innovation
- Hardcover: 524 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 1 edition (October 13, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 142006312X
- ISBN-13: 978-1420063127
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 1.2 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,100,066 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #549 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Industrial Design
- #688 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- #840 in Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Civil Engineering
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Modern Construction: Lean Project Delivery and Integrated Practices (Industrial Innovation) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"... collects lean ideas in one place. clarifies their application in the construction industry and helps to promote their adoption. ... balances theoretical explanations with discussions of actual cases where practitioners successfully applies lean innovation. ... thoroughly documents the human element important for success."
-- Industrial Engineer's book of the month May 2011
About the Author
College of Engineering, Florida International University, Miami, USA. (Adjunct) Department of Construction Management, East Carolina University, USA (chair)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* Need for new approaches to construction (tied to Ch1)
* Transition from productivity measurement to process improvement (tied to Ch2)
* AGC Lean construction 101 (tied with Ch3) possibly AGC LCEP Module 1 & 2 workshop(s)
* Last Planner System(tm) (tied with Ch4)
* The Toyota Way 14-Principles and lean tools in construction projects (tied with Ch5)
* Lean Construction Applications and four Case Studies (Ch6)
* IPD contract "teaming" with case studies (tied with Ch7)
I want to thank the authors for enabling this knowledge growth in my company. Other credits: Last Planner System is a trademark and body of work from the Lean Construction Institute; LCEP is a product of The Associated General Contractors of America.;The Toyota Way is authored by Dr. Jeffrey K. Liker and published by McGraw-Hill.
-I think this book will be useful for Enginneering and construction business.