Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Modern Love
Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(2 star). See all 88 reviews
on October 10, 2014
Mr nathanson had somuch promise on the racy path of laid i still amlistening for adouble entendre as was mentioned in a review LOL but i have hopeFase hpe? I feel slightly f..ed[laid very classely
on November 8, 2012
I didn't know who Matt Nathanson was until I heard him sing "Run" with Jennifer Nettles. His voice was so powerful in that song but did not carry over in the rest of his songs.
One person found this helpful
on August 24, 2011
I saw Matt for the first time about 10 years ago and fell in love with him - he is extremely talented and is an amazing guitarist, lyricist and performer. Unfortunately this album does not demonstrate that at all. It is overproduced and more teeny bop than talent. If you like this kind of music, then yes, this is a good album. But if you're looking for great music by a very talented artist, this is not the album for you. Can you even hear any guitar in some of these songs? Matt has been my favorite musician for 10 years and I never thought the day would come when I didn't like him anymore. I was obsessed with him for years and would go to every show I could. Unfortunately, if this is the type of music he and his band (Aaron + horn players and clappers) are going to play, I will not be buying tickets for this tour. I can't say I blame Matt because he struggled to make it for years and is finally successful and making a ton of money I'm sure, but he has sold out and I'm surprised he's not embarrassed that this is what he does now - strawberry bubblegum, really? A couple years ago he would have been making fun of singers like this during his shows. When I saw him at a show a couple months ago he said that he realized he was not supposed to be a singer songwriter and wanted to make rock music. Sorry, buddy, but this is not rock. It is pure pop. For good music, check out his live album at the Point. It actually demonstrates how talented he is.
2 people found this helpful
|77 comments|Report abuse
on August 26, 2011
I bought this album because it was $5 for the month of August. It's a decent album but just had an odd sound / vibe to it. For example the usage of trumpets in one of the first tracks (cannot remember) just makes the sound weird. I heard a single of his and bought the album but wish I had listened to the rest of it. I liked his previous album just not a huge fan of this one...but best of luck to Matt.
One person found this helpful