- File Size: 205 KB
- Print Length: 37 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: October 13, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00OGZBN3I
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,450,487 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #416 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Stewardship
- #771 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Collections & Anthologies
- #860 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
Modern Parables for Financial Freedom: Parables 1-5 Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
"Snapped" and "Hairpin Turns" worked well with very little confusion. But "The Pair of Bills" was a bit didactic and needed too much explanation on the part of the characters. "The Cyborg" nails home some human vs. machine truths we need to consider. "Paradise Skit" also makes me think of how we often "take it all with us when we try to get away from it all."
Every parable has links to the author's blogs on the central theme of the parable. These are very good too. So, all in all, the author displays very imaginative and thought-provoking stories and questions. I'm sure his next series of parable collections will even be better. Wonderful! However, I'd rethink the title as the parables are about much more than just the one subject of financial freedom. They are about all of life.
This book does that, but in a way that is more thought provoking and causes you to see things and absorb truth from a different angle. The "stories" (parables) brought a depth to this issue I've not seen before and Mr Tannian backs up his points in the study that follows each of them biblically, complete with the scripture passages that he is referencing. I found myself drawn to the characters and Mr Tannian "paints" with words, enabling you to picture the scenes and the people he gives us glimpses of. I read it in one sitting, which is not usual for me. Didn't want to put it down!
I would recommend this to anyone as a 1st on their "to do" list before learning the practical steps in budgeting and financial discipline. It's the foundation to build on! Loved it!
Modern Parables for Financial Freedom is written in a very friendly style, offering insights in parable form. Tannian's parables are enjoyable light reading, fictional descriptions taken from everyday modern life. The short stories are engaging depictions designed to make a thoughtful point for reflection on life choices. Open ended interpretations and queries are likely, leading to a good opportunities for discussion for bible study, or like groups.
Aside from providing guidance and suggestions for best practices in one's life, Modern Parables For Financial Freedom frequently uses metaphor in language which allows readers to more easily understand or discuss difficult or complex ideas The abstract principals that these concrete narratives offer can be easily understood, with bible annotations for convenient reference.
I like that the Tannian's parables reveal truths to those who are spiritually in tune and, at the same time, conceal or hide those truths from those who were not ready for them.
I would recommend this book to anyone ready for some spiritual introspection and examining choices for their future.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Stewardship
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Stewardship