- File Size: 194 KB
- Print Length: 34 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: October 26, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00OXBLFRY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,732,326 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #710 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Stewardship
- #1142 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Collections & Anthologies
- #1509 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
Modern Parables for Financial Freedom: Parables 6-10 Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
In "Ivy Lake Dreaming, a married couple have a leisurely day kayaking until they start longing for a better house in a better neighborhood. That hits home with me, even without the devotions at the end, as good as they are. Then in the two-part "Plumb and True" we see the "old college gang of four" getting together for a camp-out in the woods. The storyteller, Connor, starts to compare his buddies' achievements with his own--a sure road to ruining a peaceful camp-out! As he ponders their differences, he realizes that "maybe I needed to surrender my political beliefs...just be a friend right now." Very crucial lesson.
"Go Fish" teaches me to enjoy what I have now and not delay my joy for the future. A really good lesson.
Each parable has a link to the author's blog topic on a related topic. So if you want to dig deeper, it's there free for you and well worth it.
It was only AFTER reflecting on what I thought it was saying to me, that I looked at the review questions, which helped me mine additional truths that I had not noticed. That makes for a very rich time!
While I love the way Mr Tannian "paints" with his words, intricately developing his parables, I must say my favorite was the last one "Go Fish". Short and sweet, this is one everyone can grasp, yet is joyful and profound all at the same time.
Changing your mindset with regards to money and what your ideas of success are, opposed to where they should be takes time and a willingness not only to "ponder", but to ACT on the wisdom you have gained. If you are willing, these mini books are a great start, for they deal with the heart of the matter - your Mindset and heart need to change FIRST, if any changes are to be lasting change.
These are worth the time and little monetary investment they require (Ironic is 't it that we can afford the silliest of things - yet call us to give a few dollars to invest in transforming our mindset - therefore our lives and we wonder whether or not we can afford it!)
At the end of each parable there is a link to Mr. Tannian's blog that will help you to delve deeper into the subject if you so choose. At the end of the book is an invitation to sign up for his monthly newsletter - free of charge (this guy truly longs to help people!). I did just that and encourage you to do the same!
Thank you Mr. Tannian! I have been blessed! Bring on #3!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Stewardship
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Stewardship