Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Modern Patterns Optical Coloring Book (Mindware)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on October 24, 2011
I personally like the fact that the designs are only printed on one side of each page. If you use high quality markers, you don't have to worry about ruining any of the designs due to bleed-through. However, there are two of every design in the book (save one); but that's how all of the books are in the Mindware Modern Patterns series, so I expected it. There's a good amount of variety in the designs, though most of which have pretty large areas to be colored.

Overall a decent book for the price.
on January 5, 2013
I have been buying these"adult" coloring books for myself and my nephews for a couple of years. I found out the hard way that all are not created equal. What makes these Mindware books so superior is the heaviness of the paper; pictures only on one side of the page; and more than one copy of most designs. I know that some have complained about that last one, but if you are coloring with more than one young person, it certainly helps avoid arguments.
on April 7, 2012
Wow this is just a simple coloring book with doubles of each page that are a great concept because I can do one and my daughter can do one. She is 12 and a budding artist and when we color together you can see your Childs creative juices going:) I had fun coloring and is a great coloring book to express yourself in art without creating a picture on your own. I plan to buy more of these types of coloring books
on June 2, 2014
As far as coloring books go, this is printed on nice paper which helps prevent bleeding. This was a gift for a 13 year old boy who excitedly completed several of these in a short amount of time. Seems like a fun, distracting task.
on January 9, 2014
I choose this for friend's daughter who has a disability but she enjoys to draw lines, circles, squares, etc. So with these books I bought her she doesn't have to do the lines, she just colors them in. Her Mother says she is coloring everyday. I bought her 2 other designs that she is doing too plus color pencil. She is so happy! Every time I see her she gives be a big hug which makes me very happy. I bought this for her for Christmas but I think she will need some more books pretty soon and I will diffently get more for her, there are so many designs. If you know anyone, hadicapped or just a kid that likes to color various designs this is a great gift for them. pac
on December 7, 2012
I purchased this book along with botanical and circular as a Christmas gift for my sister. The pages have a good weight to them and feel very smooth, no accidently ripping these pages when going to the next! All images are well printed, no fuzzy or grey lines.
on January 23, 2013
I bought this for my 8 year old and she loves it. She will spend many happy hours engrossed in each pattern and even though the patterns are repeated in the book, using different colours gives it a totally different look each time. I highly recommend it.
on February 22, 2014
Nice designs, some are optical illusions before they are colored in and difficult to look at. I believe if the design wasn't so small and difficult to color with regular sized markers (most art teachers buy for their class), this coloring book would be more successful. When I lay out a coloring sheet from this book and one from Kendall Bohn's "Kaleidoscope" type coloring books, my students do not choose designs from this book.
on January 9, 2014
As an adult, this is one of the best outlets to remain in touch with my inner child. And the color combinations are endless!
on October 25, 2013
The drawings in this book are much more simplistic than I expected. Too much open space. I get these for my grandson in the military and these are way inferior to the complexity and interest level I typically find for him. One or two interesting designs are not worth the price of the book. I hope the other Mind Ware books are not of this ilk. I should have stayed with Dover.