Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Modway Edge Mesh Back and Black Vinyl Seat Office Chair With Flip-Up Arms - Ergonomic Desk And Computer Chair
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied chair per product instructions
- Moving product to another location is not included
- Removal of packaging materials to customer's bin
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- DURABLE OFFICE CHAIR - Featuring a sturdy two tone five-star nylon base with armrests that easily rotate up, Edge is a versatile modern desk chair that offers reliable support for everyday use.
- ERGONOMIC SUPPORT - Featuring a breathable mesh back, lumbar support, and padded waterfall leatherette seat, sit relaxed in a thoughtfully designed chair that adjusts according to your needs.
- OFFICE UPDATE - Refresh your office with a compelling seating choice that makes a sleek and stylish statement. Sitting atop five dual-wheeled casters, glide around any flooring surface with ease.
- SYNCHRONIZED TILT - Complete with synchro tilt and tension control that enables your feet to remain on the ground as you tilt backwards, Edge also features one-touch height adjustment.
- CHAIR MEASUREMENTS - Product Dimensions: 26"L x 26"W x 37-41"H; Armrest Dimensions: 11"L x 3"W x 2.5"H; Backrest: 19"W x 19.5"H; Armrest Height from Seat: 9.5"H; Maximum Weight Capacity: 330 lbs.
- Mesh back and sponge seat covered with mesh fabric
- Seat tilt with tension control
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Welcome to a new era in functional comfort. The Edge office chair combines old time charm with cutting edge ergonomics to deliver one comprehensive seating experience. Every feature imaginable in a chair is available as soon as you sit down. This is a chair that you can conform to behave exactly how you need it. The Edge Office Chair – giving you the comfort you need when you need it most.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black Vinyl||brown||Brown Mesh||Black||Black||dark black|
|Item Dimensions||24 x 26.5 x 36 in||43.5 x 28.5 x 26.5 in||26.5 x 24 x 42 in||25.59 x 25.19 x 42 in||24.02 x 25.2 x 40.35 in||22.4 x 25.5 x 36.6 in|
|Material Type||Iron, Plywood, Polypropylene, Nylon, Polyester, Fiber||Leather, Stainless Steel||Fabric||Metal, Plastic, Textile||Plastic||Mesh|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It cost $149.99 back in Feb 2012 and I'm still happy I bought it then because I would buy it again. The seller on my invoice/order is Lexmod and the Lexmod Focus Office Chair was the chair I bought. It is now shipped by and sold by Amazon for 139.99. I do not know why clicking on " Mesh Office Chair - Focus Mid-back Office Task Chair with Mesh Back and Black Leatherette Seat" when looking at my order took me here to the "Edge Office Chair with Leatherette Seat" from stores123 rather than to the Lexmod chair that I actually bought since it looks like it is still available for 139.99 and Prime.
The Good- You can lean back and stretch your back and it feels great.
The curved in part of the chair back gives your back a lot of support
The seat, that was really tight like other reviewers mentioned, softened up after some use but did
not get mushy
I love the arms that lift up, especially when I want to slide the chair under the desk to vacum behind it
I was able to adjust it up and down with just my left hand but once I got the height where I wanted it I've
pretty well left it there.
The Bad - My husband assembled it but it is really hard for one person to do because of the way you have to hold the
seat and back together to put the bolts in. I can only use one hand so I do not believe I could have
assembled it but to be fair I didn't try either
After a little more than of a year I heard a clunk and one of the bolts that holds the back to the
seat had fallen out so I had to call back the husband to put the bolt back in and re-tighten the other 3.
The Ugly - I still think it is ugly but I keep a small crocheted afghan hanging over the back anyway. I'll take the
ugly for the comfort it has given my back.
After reading other reviews I found people saying this chair is cheap and the back shatters off. As a construction worker I am sure everything is tight! Tight! Tight! I have a feeling they either had amazon put it together or it was user error on properly torquing the back allen nuts. I weigh 180lbs and this chair is not even tested by my weight. I could see a 100 more lbs breaking this chair.
I ordered the red color. Not burgundy. The only thing that caught my eye when I took it out of the box was the mesh back almost being a burgundy color. Before you get disappointed you need to consider that the backing is a completely different material than the seat or armrests. So in my opinion the color is going to differ from one material to the next. Again, an awesome chair, and a nice modern look. You may need a second person for assembly to hold some things in place... and the logo on the back of the chair falls off immediately, that's no big deal.
The trick to making sure that all the screws line up is to first put them all in just far enough so that you can feel they are threaded. Do not put each screw in one at a time and tighten it all the way down. You want to make sure all of the screws are put in and are just barely threaded in (completely loose). Then, tighten them each a little at a time, moving in a crisscross pattern. Keep them nice and even as you go along. You may rotate through all of the screws several times, but if you follow this method, you should have no problems with alignment.
Also, make sure that the screws are threaded in correctly. You should be able to put the screw in and get about a full turn using your fingers alone. If you start to tighten the screw and you meet resistance, you might be cross-threading the screw; meaning that the screw is in at an angle and if you keep tightening it you will damage the screw hole. Instead, back it out and try again making sure that the screw is straight.
These assembly tips are not just for this chair. This is the practice you should follow when assembling anything.
The chair is pretty comfortable and the $141 I paid for it seems fair. It is not worth anything near it's $449 list price.
As a guitar and bass player, I like the flip-up arms which move completely out of the way. The arm rests are at a comfortable height when down too.
The seat rocks back and will lock into any position along its path using the left-side lever. The lever on the right controls the height.
This chair provides good lumbar support, but unfortunately is not adjustable.
I'm 6"1", 190 lbs and this chair is a good fit for me. It would not be a good fit for someone much heavier though.
Most recent customer reviews
It was easy to put together but you need two people