Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moebius Elvira Mistress Of The Dark 1:8 Scale Model Kit
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports STEM

on March 6, 2012
This an AMAZING kit brought to you by Moebius and BRAVO for such an wonderful kit. This kit is intended for a more equipped modeler because it contains 70 pieces and alot of research and skills to put it together. It is NOT intended for newbies since it requires pre planning on assembling some part and pre painting other parts. You will also need Apoxie Sculpt for some areas as well in order to hide seams and do some blending. Kit comes complete with a detailed map on how to assemble it however,avoid the color instructions given for her face and skin tone. I suggest looking at several actual photographs of Cassandra Peterson in her full makeup to get the eye color and makeup exact. This is NOT easy by any means since it involves you actually researching the makeup and you WILL be amazed! All in all it does take a great deal of time and investment to put this together. IN THE END YOU WILL BE REWARDED. Elvira comes with her 1988 movie dog pal, Gonk as well as a skull,a rat,rug monster and a creepy hand emerging from under her Victorian couch. Her couch sits on top of a very work out rug however the rug is oddly shaped and may not be a perfact fit. The finishing touch is a candelabra made of real brass and plastic accent candles. you might want to use some of that Apoxie scullt to fashion out some flames like I did.
on August 10, 2012
This is a really fun model to build and paint. The reclining Elvira on the couch model is becoming hard to find so I suggest if your in the market to pick one up soon before they get expensive on e-bay.
on June 10, 2012
If you are an Elvira fan this model kit is a must. I'm a long time fan and got both Moebius kits. I can't say any thing about durable or educational value. I got the creature from the black lagoon all threw Amazon and as always I have never been dissatisfied.
on April 18, 2013
Thank you. I loved it. Cool Box. I like the three stooges. I like model figures of people, cars and dioramas.
on December 19, 2012
This does not come with any paints at all. Hopefully it will have recommended colors to use once the recipient opens the box. I am not an avid model builder so I did not know this. Probably will need to get glue too!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2014
This is a very nice model. The instructions are easy to read and the model is very beautiful when finished. I suggest anyone who loves Elvira to get this one.
on May 19, 2012
I made this model for my sister. she has a great horror collection. It was a great model and fun to make.
on October 19, 2014
The women of my dreams ! this is a women of the evening every model buff should own ! Love at first bite .
on May 26, 2014
Moebius did a great job with this release as the moldings are clean (as I would expect with a new kit), and the everything looks like a great representation of Elvira on her couch from her former television show. Extra detail items are included! I would recommend some experience with figure painting to get the most from this kit.
on October 21, 2014
She is back in a re-issue but I have her from the original run.

See 1 answered question