Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Molecular Methods for Virus Detection 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
"A particular strength of many of the chapters is the emphasis which has been placed on identifying problems that can arise when introducing and performing the tests and discussion of relative advantages and disadvantages... The clearly presented protocols should enable many research and development departments to develop in house assays." --D. Cubitt, in THE JOURNAL OF CLINICAL PATHOLOGY
From the Back Cover
Molecular diagnostic procedures have been described in a number of recent books and articles. However, these publications have not focused on virus detection, nor have they provided practical protocols for the newer molecular methods.
Written by the inventors or principal developers of these technologies, Molecular Methods for Virus Detection provides both reviews of individual methods and instructions for detecting viral and mycobacterial nucleic acid sequences in clinical specimens. Each procedure includes quality assurance protocols that are often ignored by other methodology books. Molecular Methods for Virus Detection provides clinically relevant procedures for many of the newer diagnostic methodologies.
- Provides state-of-the-art PCR methods for amplification, quantitation, in situ hybridization, and multiplex reactions
- Goes beyond PCR with protocols for 3SR, NASBA, LCR, SDA, and LAT
- Covers important virus detection methods such as in situ hybridization; Southern, dot, and slot blots; branched chain signal amplification; and chemiluminescence
- Includes quality control information crucial in research and clinical laboratories
- Most chapters are written by the inventors and principal developers of the methodologies
- Includes color plates, 77 figures, and 18 tables
Browse award-winning titles. See more