- Misc. Supplies: 47 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 7 edition (August 6, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471362719
- ISBN-13: 978-0471362715
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 2.5 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 71 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #59,897 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Molecular Visions Organic Model Kit with Molecular Modeling Handbook 7th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Also available to Amazon Students. Check for eligibility
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But who cares? The point of Darling isn't just the outstanding snaps, bonds and exclusive atom shells, but the awesome and unique BOOKLETS that come with these sets, that step you through not just assembly but the chemistry, the pi's, the bonds, and MUCH more!! Unlike ANY other set (including Prentice), Darling's books MAKE these series. Stephen simply has spared no effort to EDUCATE us on what we're assembling, in painstaking detail.
Which brings me to a BIG WARNING: You CAN get these kits for 10% of the price as "used"-- I got this one for $2 with an Amazon third party, and have also bought many others here for my classes (molecular biology tutorial creator). BUT:
1. DO NOT buy from a seller that states "parts may be missing." If the "part" is the booklet, you've missed out on 90% of the value of the set. In fact, I put these booklets' value at about $20 by themselves!!
2. If a seller says "like new unopened" you're usually ok. If they say "like new, just opened to check" -- EMAIL them on Amazon's system and ASK SPECIFICALLY if the booklet is there!
So, here are the kits available here at this writing, each with their own booklet:
Molecular Visions: The Flexible Molecular Model Kit
Molecular Visions Organic Model Kit with Molecular Modeling Handbook
Molecular Visions Organic Model Kit #3 [With Model PiecesWith Instruction Booklet]
Check out all three to see accurate pictures of packaging, which Amazon has now corrected, if that's important to you.
Five stars on all of them, with an extra star for Stephen's well thought out booklets that teach FAR MORE than how the pieces go together, including types of bonds, aromatics, planars, his trademarked atom visions shells, acyclic molecules, Newman projections, software oriented Fisher projections, isomers, and MUCH MUCH more!
NOTE: If you mistakenly get a kit without the guide/booklet, they are available on the manufacturer's website as free pdf downloads-- darlingmodels dot com-- but if your kit(s) are missing parts, you'll have to buy them!! Note also that Amazon's direct AND third party prices are all lower than the manufacturer direct! The booklets ARE different for each set.
Library Picks reviews only for the benefit of Amazon shoppers and has nothing to do with Amazon, the authors, manufacturers or publishers of the items we review. We always buy the items we review for the sake of objectivity, and although we search for gems, are not shy about trashing an item if it's a waste of time or money for Amazon shoppers. If the reviewer identifies herself, her job or her field, it is only as a point of reference to help you gauge the background and any biases.