Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Moleskine Classic Notebook, Large, Plain, Black, Hard Cover (5 x 8.25) (Classic Notebooks) Diary – August 1, 2004
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Just search Google for Moleskine paper quality and you will see a moutain of complaints about bleed through and show through. I wish I had before I bought this Moleskine. Will not be buying again.
Oh, and don't buy it into the marketing suggesting connections with Chatwin, Picasso, Van Gough and Hemingway. It's all manufactured by Moleskine.[...]
These are very durable notebooks with many practical features:
- Size. It does matter. In this case, these notebooks are the perfect size to carry in my front pocket and yet they have enough writing space for what I use them for. When I'm not carrying my current moleskine, it lives inside my Saddleback Leather Thin Briefcase Large.
- Bookmark. The cord bookmark is very useful, I can take out my notebook and be on today's page in a couple of seconds.
- Hard covers. I don't have to write while standing up that much, but whenever I need to the covers make a huge difference.
- Inner pocket. Receipts, cards, post-it notes. It all goes inside here.
- Paper quality. It feels awesome to write on it and the yellowish color looks pretty cool to me. The rule size is not too small, not too big.
With all these heatures and my to-do list system, the moleskine pocket notebook has become my everyday memory tool The only thing I need to remember is to write everything down.
If the link for the system doesn't appear, please contact me and I'll be glad to share it with you.
* the size - is around the same size as a paperback or Kindle - fits into the same spaces.
* elastic - holds the thing closed, keeps these from falling open or the pages from getting crunched.
* the quality - consistent and good
* the price - on amazon, and with prime delivery, is much better than anywhere else
* pocket in the back always comes in handy for storing things
What's not great:
* the cloth 'bookmark' attached always frays. always. i think I need to start 'painting' the end with clear nail polish to keep it from doing so. otherwise, i cut it out
*These will not magically turn you into Chatwin or Picasso or whatever, in spite of what is implied about them.
* I sometimes fear being taken as a poser for carrying one around. BUT! they really are my favorite style of notebook and I stock up on them here on amazon.
* Also, I wish there was a place to put a pen or pencil on them, but oh well.
These are great notebooks and this is the best place I've found to buy them.
I also keep a variety of passwords and key info in the back of this thing, safely out of reach of the various hackers and online companies looking to sell our data. I keep stamps in the little pocket.
I think the act of physically writing things down is helpful for me in terms of remembering things and assimilating the information. People raised fully in the digital age may not find this to be true, but it works for me.
I also find that when I have (relatively) clever thought that I want to hold on to for later, this little book is a great way to do so. I keep a could pages towards the back for ideas/language/reflections that I want to come back to later.
I have some bigger Moleskine notebook that I keep in my briefcase for some key info, but these little notebooks get used daily, since they fit in my shirt pocket.
It's just so darn cute that I didn't want to use it. I like that it can fit in your pocket. I also like that the label is functional in that it gives you the option of using it a quick reference guide of where you've been. The paper is of good quality and the spine is sturdy (it needs some gentle negotiation to get it to stay open as you write in it.)It's the perfect companion to my fountain pen. Can't wait to fill it up.