Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Moleskine Classic Notebook, Pocket, Ruled, Black, Hard Cover (3.5 x 5.5) Diary – January 1, 2008
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
These are very durable notebooks with many practical features:
- Size. It does matter. In this case, these notebooks are the perfect size to carry in my front pocket and yet they have enough writing space for what I use them for. When I'm not carrying my current moleskine, it lives inside my Saddleback Leather Thin Briefcase Large.
- Bookmark. The cord bookmark is very useful, I can take out my notebook and be on today's page in a couple of seconds.
- Hard covers. I don't have to write while standing up that much, but whenever I need to the covers make a huge difference.
- Inner pocket. Receipts, cards, post-it notes. It all goes inside here.
- Paper quality. It feels awesome to write on it and the yellowish color looks pretty cool to me. The rule size is not too small, not too big.
With all these heatures and my to-do list system, the moleskine pocket notebook has become my everyday memory tool The only thing I need to remember is to write everything down.
If the link for the system doesn't appear, please contact me and I'll be glad to share it with you.
-The bookmark is very handy for automatically flipping to an open page, or bookmarking an important one.
-The elastic band keeps the book closed rather than flapping with the breeze.
-The size is perfect for large pockets and doesn't take up much room at all.
I've read several complaints about the pages of an unruled version being too transcluscent, but as I have never had an unruled version before, I can't say on that matter. But I've never had any issues with the ruled versions.
Expecting this notebook to be used for artwork is rather ridiculous as these notebooks are only meant for you to jot down quick thoughts, quick sketches, or formulate ideas. If you also use an especially inky fountain pen, it WILL bleed through.
I have attached two pictures, one showing that the G2 pilot ink does not smudge very much if you let dry, and only faintly shows through (yes, I know my handwriting is atrocious, but that's only when I'm note-taking for myself). The second is to show the back pocket with the notes I keep on me.
I have tried using other little notebooks before, but for the price and quality, Moleskin is definitely the best choice.
I was actually looking for something bigger to take into meetings with me, but employees are always stopping me and asking questions and/or providing feedback on different things. As much as I would love to just have a photographic memory, I don't, so this will definitely come in handy. I guess I'll just keep it in my pocket and take it out for a quick note when needed.
As for quality, it's built well, but it is not that thick, so I don't see it lasting all that long (a year maybe?) The reason for the one star deduction was because I felt that the price was a bit steep for what you actually get, but I will definitely get some use out of it.