- Series: Professional Folio Series
- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: Moleskine; Ntb edition (July 25, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8866134627
- ISBN-13: 978-8866134626
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.5 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 44 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #580,083 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Moleskine Folio Professional Notebook, Large, Black, Hard Cover (5 x 8.25) (Professional Folio Series) Hardcover – July 25, 2012
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm using Weekly Planner as weekly/daily planner, and to track my to-do list. And this notebook is used for taking notes.
What I liked about both products:
- size. This notebook is just the right size, at least for me. Not sure why they call it Large, it is about A5 size. Smaller than this - and it would be quite uncomfortable to write into. Bigger size (A4/Letter) - and it would be not as neat to carry around.
- paper quality. The paper is thin enough so not to add extra bulk, but good enough quality so the ink doesn't get through.
- cover. I've been using this notebook for just few week, so don't know how it will withstand months of use, but by the look of it the cover seems to be solid.
Overal, good product
Also the tabs are very useful for dividing up your timeline/subjects. Really useful for my needs as well.
By far the most disappointing thing was the quality of the paper. I write with a fountain pen, and the ink bled through the paper as if I was writing with a permanent marker. In my experience with the standard Ruled Notebook, their core product, the ink does not bleed through the paper.
Moleskine was prompt to reply to my quality complaint. They noted that none of their pages are really suited for fountain pens--but it was clear from my experience that the paper in this book is a bit different, perhaps thinner, than in standard books. I must note that Moleskine offered to send me a Ruled Notebook as a replacement. Great company, but was not pleased with this particular product.
If you write with a "dry ink," as Moleskine recommended, you will likely not notice a difference with the quality of the paper.
I recently finished it, and I knew I had to get another one. I really like this professional notebook because it has the little pocket in the back, plus different sections for to-do lists and a table of contents, etc. I use it for my short stories and it's perfect.
I also love that it doesn't break easily, and I can glue or paste things on the pages without much trouble.
One thing I would like to see is an additional page strictly for notes. Especially at long meetings, I need more room to make notes and the only way I can do that is go to a "fresh page" which has all three sections mentioned above. Overall, very good and I would recommend.
Gotta be careful with what pens you use because the pages are not thick. I got the Pilot Precise V5 Rolling Ball Pen, Micro Point 7 and it bleeds through.