Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moleskine Folio Professional Notebook, A4, Ruled, Black, Hard Cover (8.25 x 11.75) (Professional Folio Series)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on January 18, 2011
Nice paper, acid-free. Since the descriptions do not include line description, I thought I would tell you: 44 light gray lines per page, 6 mm or about 1/4" apart. The cover is plain black leather texture after the label is removed (label easily slides off). There is a gray coarsely-woven ribbon and an black elastic band which holds the book closed.

This line spacing is a little too tight for a loose penmanship style like mine. If you are using this notebook for "Morning Pages" for your three daily Artist's Way pages, this notebook will make you work for it.
22 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2009
The folio size is has a rich, warm feel, the pages inviting, It's a pleasure to fill these oversize pages, having extra room to write, especially for a left-handed person. I have more than 45 journals and have used many different kinds. This folio style ranks with the best, at a darn good price, too. The larger pages give an expansive feel to the writing.
on November 19, 2010
As a grad student, proper note-taking in the lab is an essential (but annoying) part of life. I used to avoid writing in my beat-up $5 lab notebooks because the poor binding and bad paper quality made it an exercise in annoyance. The Moleskine notebooks, however, are a pleasure to write in. The pen flows smoothly across the paper (even if you only buy the 100-packs of cheap-o roller-ball pens like I do), and the cover can stand up to a lot of damage. I enjoy writing in this notebook so much so that I now take every opportunity to properly document my labwork. Definitely worth the money!
on January 10, 2014
I was so excited when Moleskine started making this size! It's big enough for me to write in comfortably and has the same quality I've gotten used to with their products. I ordered one of these a few months ago and quickly used the whole journal. I recently ordered another one and noticed a difference in quality... the paper is thinner, the cover feels more flimsy, and the back folder is of lesser quality. Seems like Moleskine has cut back on quality to cut costs. I'm disappointed.
on May 21, 2014
This is a handsome looking notebook, in a form that's hard to find in the US. I bought one as the next best thing to replace the hardcover A4 notebooks I used to get in England (from a standard office supply company).

However, I was very disappointed to discover upon starting to use it that with a fountain pen, the paper soaks up too much ink, and feathers and bleeds right through.

I'm using Diamine ink (a good quality ink which generally works fine on normal paper) and a pen with medium flow with a medium nib. It should not be bleeding through the page. This doesn't happen on normal paper, and really this is what I'd expect from a very cheap notebook using low quality paper.

Disappointed.
VINE VOICEon January 7, 2011
I've been using Moleskines for years now. I've heard about them prior to my use, but I always thought, like many, it's all hype and can't really be that good. When I was in London, I found myself wandering throughout Europe much and thinking about things that were too personally valuable to forget, so, being lightweight and easily portable, I bought the smallest version of the Moleskine notebook. It was a price well paid, as the notebook has lasted to this very day, and only needs some black duct tape on the spine from cracks (I've beaten it up pretty good).

Now that I'm in graduate school, I ran out of all of notebook space I've used throughout high school and undergrad, so, being spoiled by Moleskine, I thought about getting these folio versions. Why didn't I get them sooner?!
Sure, they're highly priced, and for some they may not be worth it. But for someone who spends a great deal of writing and looks for details in such things as notebooks, Moleskine has done well with these mass-produced folios.

They measure the standard A4 (European) size, come with the ubiquitous strand to keep it shut, bookmark ribbon, and back inside pocket. The paper quality is the same, and it's a charm to write on during class!

Now concerns the 4 stars. The only beef I have is that the durability of the covers doesn't seem as strong as the smaller versions. My first time carrying it in my backpack, I already noticed a dent in one of the corners. I'm not one to toss my backpack onto the floor, but considering it dented its first use leaves me slightly puzzled. I haven't had any other problems thereafter, but the covers do seem slightly softer than the smaller versions, so we'll see how it holds up in the long run.
on October 7, 2013
Moleskine! You complete me! All of their products (haven't used the writing products) are excellent in both quality and aesthetics. The A4 edition is perfect - at work it looks sleek and expensive, in the office it's functional with high quality paper and a pocket folder in the back. The hardcover is nice because it keeps form, fits nicely in my bag, and is perfect to write against.
on April 29, 2009
I love the new jumbo sized Moleskine Folios! Though these books contain slightly fewer pages than the classic journals, the larger paper sizing is a welcome addition to the Moleskine product family. These journals are wonderful for jotting down important dates and events that need to be remembered in one's daily life.
on January 13, 2011
I use fountain pens for handwriting assignments. This notebook's paper is very good. The paper is of good stock, but not particularly heavy. So my handwriting is slightly visible on the other side of a page (I use a fine tip Pelikan Souveran M800 fountain pen). Usually I am very particular about that, but the notebook overall is of such good quality I can overlook it. I have really enjoyed using it to write drafts of letters, articles, and blogs. The size is excellent, very spacious.
on December 28, 2014
I needed a new notebook for my enemies list and found this product to supersede anything else on the market. The ruled pages makes it clear which co-workers have slighted me and the wide pages means I can ruminate on revenge for hours. The paper quality is unbelievable!