Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moleskine Art Plus Music Notebook, Pocket, Black, Hard Cover (3.5 x 5.5) (Classic Notebooks)
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on May 2, 2011
I accidentally bought this notebook instead of buying it's big brother. Fortunately, it's way more convenient to carry around than the bigger version would have been. That being said, the notebook is quite small. It's great for jotting down little notes.. I use it to write down vocal exercises that I learn. Little stuff like that. If you're actually wanting to write out more than a couple measures of music, don't get this book. Honestly, I wouldn't consider one of the Moleskine notebooks if you're going to write some serious music. If you're using it to jot down ideas in more of a journalistic form, these notebooks are great.

All in all, this particular notebook is small and convenient, but doesn't lend itself to being useful in the realm of writing music.
on January 11, 2007
Honestly, you can't go wrong buying a Moleskine. Maybe it's cheesy, but I'm more likely to write down things that are important to me if I like the book I am writing them in. A good friend of mine gave me my first Moleskine and I bought this one (five line staff) for my little brother. The point I'm trying to make is that this is simply the best notebook out there and if you are a good sibling or friend you'll buy one for someone important to you.
on June 6, 2008
great value and small size make this a no-brainer for people who need do things that involve creativity in their daily routine. For myself this product is awesome, I work a job that involves almost no mental involvement but pays well, so this Moleskine Music note book is great for working on daily solfege and composition projects. 8 stave's is more than enough, but I recommend a .04mm pen instead of pencil as pages smudge with pencil....just remember to wait for the ink to dry before closing the book.
on January 22, 2012
This is a good mini notebook for composers who like to write their ideas down as they come. I only wish they had the same product with soft cover so it could fit comfortably in one's pocket.
on August 21, 2008
I've been carrying this notebook around for the entire summer and can honestly say that it's useful as a sketchbook. I've jotted down some of the main themes of the tone poem i just finished first in the moleskine.
What i wish is that the company would also make a music notebook in their larger format because while I can write down melodic fragments writing out anything that requires 2 or 3 voices is incredibly difficult on such small pages. On the whole I think I will buy another once I've filled my current one as even with the drawbacks of the size it beats carrying around folded up pieces of staff paper which invariably get worn out in ones pocket.
66 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2014
This music notebook is perfect to bring along wherever to jot down little tunes. It was a lot smaller than I expected (guess I should have looked at the measurements-- size of a standard note card) but it turned out to be a benefit as it fits in my pocket. Nice quality paper and clear lines and there even is a little pocket in the back to store stuff... I personally haven't used it yet but it would be handy for notes, business cards etc. The cover is fairly durable and the little bookmark elastic thing keeps your place.
on November 8, 2014
The look is extremely classy.

The small size is great because I can stick it in my purse or instrument case. I can fit two measures per system if I'm trying space it out a bit. If I'm not concerned with space or I'm trying to fit in a lot, I can fit in about four measures per system.

Definitely buy online rather than in stores because it's much cheaper.
VINE VOICEon November 24, 2013
This is an excellent pocket notebook for jotting down song bits and ideas. i bought it as a "cheat book" after seeing a picture of Glen Hughes (Deep Purple, Black Country Communion) using something similar. When you don't play with a lot of written music, it's sometimes useful to have a way to remember a song key or the basic chord patterns. This book is the answer.
on May 7, 2007
I purchased this notebook for my daughter who plays guitar and writes her own tunes and lyrics. It's great for her lessons, as her teacher can print out snippets for her to practice and she can record all her compositions in one place as well. It's high quality paper and durable cover will make for an archive she can treasure forever!
on August 12, 2014
This is a nice little book with good paper and nice sized staves. My two complaints: there's no slot to put a small pencil. It seems like it would be so easy to make a little space alongside the spine to slide in a small pencil, so that you would always have everything you need handy to jot down an idea.
Also, the spine is quite stiff so it's hard to open fully to be able to write easily