Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Moleskine Reporter Notebook, Large, Ruled, Black, Hard Cover (5 x 8.25) (Reporter Notebooks) Hardcover – January 31, 2005
See the Best Kids' Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for great new reads for kids of all ages? Browse our editors' picks for the best kids' books of the year so far including gorgeous picture books, fun new series starters, and captivating young adult novels.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
1) Started with paper - A 3X5 card and a pen. Worked just great
2) Moved to a Day Time - The smallest size, with a pen. Worked great but couldn't always fit "everything" on it.
3) Moved to Franklin Day Timer - Enjoyed it but worried that I wasn't going to amount to much as I never filled most of the blank spaces in.
4) Moved to the Biggest Franklin Day Timer - Loved it, but there was more room that I couldn't fill. Plus, it was really heavy
5) Palm Pilot - Electronic Franklin Day Timer - Looked cool, worked fine.
6) iPhone - loved it, but the screen was so small - As I got older print got smaller
7) iPad - This may be the answer...but it is hard to tap, tap, tap stuff into it. Yes, I have the bluetooth keyboard, but how high is the dork factor there?
8) Moleskine - Back to paper. Reporter style so I can just flip it up and go. If it gets into that notebook, it's going to happen. After 18 years, paper wins.
This large Reporter Notebook gives a little more room for expounding on ideas, and adds to the ease of making out my notes later on. The larger size allows me to flesh out my thoughts a bit more rather than just put down key words. There's a slight downside to using the Reporter notebook, because if you want to write on the front and back of each page, you have turn the notebook around back and forth every time you move to the next page side. For me, that's not a problem because I have a particular pen that I use, and it shows through the other side of the page too much to write on top of, and make sense between the two layers. So, I just use the front side of pages. If you use normal ball-points, this won't be an issue for you, so you can double your coverage using the back sides of all the pages.
The little extras are the back pockets for cards, or other thin items you'd like to store, and there's a few detachable pages in the back if you need to jot something down and rip it out to give to someone. The band is great for bookmarking, and I can't say enough about how well the Moleskine products hold up over time. These are my go-to products for all my writing and record keeping needs. And, maybe I'm projecting too much fanciful praise on these notebooks, but there's a certain romance or feeling of comfort in having something that feels robust and specifically designed for what you want to do. To me, it harkens to moments in my past when I'd be in a library and smelling that old-book smell. Once you sense it the first time, there's no substitute. The same goes for this Large Reporter Notebook.
The hard cover is very thick and will hold up to weeks/months of abuse in my bag and in my car.
I highly recommend this notebook.
I now love Moleskine journals!
I got this one because I wanted to be a little bit different. In high school and undergrad, I did a lot of Journalism, so I thought "hey! reporters notebook! fun!"
Which was mostly accurate. Sometimes it was challenging writing on the go - my hand would fall off the edge and my penmanship got scrappy. But such is life. Also, writing on the top half of the fold was a bit challenging when I first got it. Now that it's worn it, it is definitely a lot easier.
Ultimately, I love that this journal moved out to Oklahoma with me, survived a trip to and through London and still looks as sleek and sexy as it was the day I got it!
Most recent customer reviews
When I can fill to the last page!Read more