BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 31, 2014
*PROs: -Portable
-Affordable
-Matte color
-Great paper

*CONs: -Wears easily

*Detailed Explanation:

I haven't used these notebooks too much since I've got them, because I tend to write in my large journal instead. Nonetheless, I have carried one of these around with me some days. A few times part of the cover got caught on my pocket and it has since started to fold and wear. This is expected from something so small and not made of higher quality material, so it's not a huge deal to me.

The fact that it came with two for about $5 is great. I have barely even touched the second notebook yet.

These notebooks are incredibly portable. I believe the width is slightly larger than my iPhone, and the height is smaller. Because of the similar sizes, I usually just put my phone and notebook in the same pocket, which basically feels like I'm just carrying my phone; there's no extra hassle.

I also really enjoy the colors available. I bought the black ones, but I've noticed a variety of flavors, all of which are appealing, especially since the material gives it a matte finish, which I prefer.

Lastly, the paper is very easy to write on. I've used both pen and pencil, both of which write fluidly on the smooth stationery.

*Final Thoughts/TL;DR: Overall, these notebooks are spectacular. If you're considering buying this, then I'm sure you're looking for a portable, decent looking, usable notebook. Look no further, this notebook (well, notebooks, since there are two!) are perfect for you. 8.5/10
on February 22, 2009
I always like to carry around a pen and some sort of paper to jot things down on the fly. In the past I've used small, cheap spiral-bound notebooks; inevitably the spiral binding would bend out of shape before long, making the notebook hard to use. So I chose these notebooks because of the solid binding and the small size. I've been carrying one around for a month, and so far so good; it seems to be holding up rather well. There's nothing fancy about these little notebooks, but they get the job done. I read a review of a Moleskine product in which the reviewer complained about how ink appeared on the paper; I just use a cheap ballpoint pen, and it works fine. The only thing I dislike about this product is the price for two small notebooks, but beggars can't be choosers and it is nice that they are holding up well. If you're looking for a durable little notebooks for jotting down sporadic thoughts and that fits in a pocket, I'd recommend that you give the Moleskine Volant a try.
on May 15, 2014
I wanted a nice quality note book I could carry in my pocket. This one fits perfectly. Not too big for my pocket but not so small I couldn't write in it easily. I also wanted a notebook that would be nice enough that I could keep it even after I filled it with notes. If I wanted a cheap note book to use and throw away when I was done, I would have just bought one of those cheap spiral note pads. I really like the perforated pages in the back. It allows me to write things in the back of the notebook that I know I don't want to keep and I can rip them out when I want without destroying the integrity of the rest of the notebook. If you rip out pages from some notebooks, the other pages start falling out. All together this is a nice little notebook and I'll order some more when I need them. Ty
on February 18, 2015
This notebook was way smaller than I expected but I should have read the description I guess. In the end it ended up being great for taking notes at work and writing down some ideas. Unfortunately it was too small that I forgot it was in my pants because I didn't feel it and it took a trip into the washing machine.
on May 8, 2010
I like these small flexible moleskine notebookes because they're small enough to fit in any pocket, flexible so it doesn't look like I'm always carrying something in my pocket, and cheap enough that if I ruin one I dont feel bad. The amazon deal includes a set of 2, and I don't think you can actually buy a single moleskine notebook of this size. The pages are pre-perforated which is handy if you're looking to jot down something you know you'll have to tear out later, and don't want to risk destroying the binding of your notebook. All in all, a well designed product.
on January 2, 2015
Meets expectations and more
on August 22, 2014
It's a notebook
on December 28, 2009
OK, you know who you are. You have all kinds of notebooks for all kinds of reasons. Most of them are still blank, but whatever. This is a good addition to your collection (and you Moleskine people know who YOU are!). It's quite small, so you can actually have it on hand for tiny little notes about very important things. It's just about the size of an iPhone, but much slimmer, of course. I like its self-importance of having "As a reward: $______" on the first page, because Notebook People would actually pay to get a lost notebook back. The paper texture ("tooth" I believe it's called) is quite nice for all types of writing instruments, from pencils to gel pens to ridiculously expensive fountain pens. It catches the ink quite quite nicely even on the finest nib and definitely doesn't bleed, so your very important notes are clear for all time. There is a nice dotted serration so you can tear out the tiny pages without compromising the integrity of the binding. Fortunately, you get a pack of two, so you can have one to use and one to keep blank. Gratifyingly good value for a comfortably small notebook.
review image review image review image review image
on October 29, 2014
Good, slim pocket notebook, but after lots of use (and movement in and out of my pocket) the corners of the covers started to come apart.
on July 23, 2013
I like the idea of the tear out pages. Problem is there really are not enough pages. The cover starts to seperate along the edges of the notebook the first day I carried it...

Really expensive for paper, and that is all it is guys, paper.