BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 23, 2014
I've been using this for about 6 months now and feel I can give a thorough review. I have two boys that have eczema issues and require a heavy topical rx cream to fix the rash. About a year ago I switched to Dr. Bronners baby mild to wash their bodies with. It helped but I noticed a pattern - where clothes had friction on their bodies is where a flare would start. For my older son it was on the sock lines of his legs. I mean i was using "free and clear" detergents! I started to use Dr. Bronners peppermint to wash their clothes in but it wasn't cost effective. I did research on my beloved ewg dot org site and noticed very few detergents are an A rating. Dr Bronners and Molly's were two of only a few.

I did research and saw the stellar reviews on Molly's. I now use it on all our clothes and for a family of 4, one bag will last us at least 7 weeks. I also use vinegar as a fabric softener.

I really do like Molly's. To pretreat for stains I found using dawn dish soap and hydrogen peroxide will do the trick (although I've narrowed it down to sulphates being our trigger). The dawn doesn't irritate their skin as a mixture of pre treat.

The one thing I knocked a star down on was my very dark clothes had this white type stain that won't come out. I usually put my clothes in, then sprinkle Molly's and put my wash on a 8 hour delay. Now I put Molly's in first, then the clothes. Lesson learned.

I don't think it does an amazing job aye getting tough stains out but with my homemade treatment it's only a small extra step.

No more flares by the way!

Oh, and my son wore a pair of socks from last winter recently and I didn't even think anything about it... It was washed in our old detergent. Yep, he got eczema on his leg.

Don't hesitate to buy this product. Between the Dr. Bronners baby mild as a body wash, kiss my face unscected lotion and Molly's my kids' skin is great!

What I love about Molly's is they list all their ingredients. Other "green" products claim it's a proprietary blend and if you ask them if it contains a certain ingredient they will tell you. Well, you know how many names sodium lauryl sulphate goes under? Yeah good luck. If they hide it, it's not truly green.
88 comments| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2017
Bought this for my sister who does crazy amounts of laundry. I hate that most detergents use all kinds of crazy synthetic chemicals, and that they can get absorbed through the skin via ones clothes (not to mention being dumped into the environment each time one does a load of laundry). I feel better knowing my sister is using a clean brand (I have very high standards about ingredients, and this one passed the test). Plus, my sister really likes it, thinks it works just as well as any chemical-laden product, so I will continue to buy this for her.
on August 13, 2016
I tried Molly suds because I wanted a laundry detergent without chemicals but wasn't expecting it to be a great cleaner. I was very surprised! I love Molly suds. It has a pleasant smell and cleans as well as my other products. I actually reordered when I got low. I think this will be my 'go to' detergent.
on January 10, 2017
If you're skeptical on whether this will really clean your clothes, it does! I've been using this for over a year and it cleans our clothes great and makes me feel better that we're using something that doesn't contain harmful chemicals and such. It lasts a long time too. You only need one tiny little scoop per load. Safe for HE machines. Definitely try it!
on August 11, 2016
I had to go to the laundrymat when my washer broke and started getting hives. I think it was from the detergents and residue left from other people's detergents which were strongly scented. I ordered Molly's and only used it on my new washer and hives are gone. I will continue using this product. Love it
on April 8, 2017
I love it! I used this with some wool dryer balls and didn't put any essential oils in so I could see how the clothes smelled. They smelled so fresh and clean I was amazed! I also have very sensitive skin and react very quickly if there are any irritants in the detergents and this has worked perfectly without any skin reactions! Thank you!
on August 24, 2016
Couldn't get the greasy salves and dirt stains from my eczema toddler's clothes nor the regular out-and-about-the-city stains on my own clothes. We have a front-loading HE washer if that means anything. We have resorted to make our own with similar ingredients.
on June 19, 2017
Meh. I really love the fact it doesn't have any harsh chemicals, but it just doesn't seem to get the clothes very clean & I prefer a fresh or floral scent. They could add in some natural oils b/c it just smells like nothing, so boring & doesn't clean as well as I'd hoped. Especially if you have kids.
on December 11, 2016
I really like this stuff. The ingredients are really pure. With most natural laundry detergents, there are still many ingredients in the detergent that I have never heard of in there. Not here!! These are almost all food grade ingredients. As for how it works, the laundry smells really fresh and non-chemical residue. I would definitely recommend to people.
on December 8, 2014
It smells good enough to eat, but I don't recommend that. Cleans my clothes well and there is no smell after they're done washing. I've noticed the irritation on my skin from other harmful detergents has disappeared since I've been using this product. I love that there are NO harmful chemicals in this detergent. Highly recommend!