- Series: George, Elizabeth (Insp)
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Harvest House Publishers (July 1, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0736915729
- ISBN-13: 978-0736915724
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.6 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 42 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #217,466 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
A Mom After God's Own Heart: 10 Ways to Love Your Children (George, Elizabeth (Insp)) Paperback – July 1, 2005
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
T.W. © AudioFile Portland, Maine
From the Back Cover
Catch Gods heart for your children You want to raise children who are happy, successful, and follow after God. But how do you do that in this day of hectic schedules packed with friends, schoolwork, sports, video games, cell phones, and the internet? The first thing is to begin right now. Today. Share your love, your faith, and your values with your children. With biblical wisdom and plenty of encouragement, Elizabeth George offers time-proven ideas and valuable suggestions to help you nurture children of all ages in the Lord. Youll discover
* Easy-to-implement principles that make parenting enjoyable and effective
* Specific ways you can teach your children that God loves and cares for them
* "Heart Response" sections that help you apply the principles to your life
* "Little Choices" you can put into practice immediately to make a big impact
* Special parenting insights and strategies from a Christian dad God has put you in a unique situation where you have tremendous influence in the lives of others. Be a mom after Gods own heart! Help your childrenno matter what their agesexperience Gods love, Gods blessings, and Gods provisions. For more in-depth personal or group study A Mom After Gods Own Heart Growth and Study Guide
Top customer reviews
One very interesting portion is the inclusion of "From a Dad's heart" giving the male perspective on each chapter. George also addresses mothers who are raising their children without a father or with a non-Christian father.
This book is a good refresher for Christian moms and a great introduction for mothers new in the faith.
This was not even close to Elizabeth George's book, A WOMAN AFTER GOD'S OWN HEART. Not even close.
After "Woman", my husband was telling me I was different -- he said he thought the book had made me a better woman.
I consider that pretty good feedback!
This book, while very meaningful, just was not as ... life-enhancing.
I would HIGHLY recommend A Woman After God's Own Heart by the same author.
Having dsaid that, there were a lot of great scripture and applications in this book.
I give it a four, and I would recommend it for all women, moms already or moms-to-be.
I do have one nit-picking complaint about the book -- Mrs. George uses "purpose" as a verb throughout the book, and it is jarring every time. As in, "purpose today to pray for your children." I think "commit" or "plan" or "prayerfully consider" would have been a more normal word usage, instead of "purpose". It bugged me so much that it became an inside joke for my husband and me. As in "Purpose today to go to the store and get me some orange juice."...or "Purpose today to cut the grass."... or "Did you purpose to turn out the lights upstairs?"