|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $8.00 (73%)
Moments: (We're Not a Boyband Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 252 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Moments: (We're Not a Boyband Book 1)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Julian McLane, the lead singer of boy band Jagged Black, is adored by millions of screaming fans, but his heart belongs to the girl he saw making a wish into a fountain on November 11th at 11:11pm. Now a year later, Julian is back at that same fountain, ready to meet the girl of his dreams. Enter Emilie. She’s had a bit of a rough patch, and being swept off her feet by a handsome rock star was nothing she could have ever imagined for herself. Julian isn’t your typical rock star, he’s a gentleman who’s just looking for someone to connect with, and Emilie seems like the perfect girl for him. But fans are determined to keep them apart, plus there’s that pesky murderer…
This tale of young love will touch anyone with its simple sweetness. Julian’s determination to do what’s best for Emilie, even if it means he’s unhappy in the end makes him the ideal hero for every teenage girl. Plus, what girl hasn’t dreamed of having a famous rock star fall in love with her? This clean and beautifully written young adult novel is something that any parent would love to have their child read. With a hero who strives to be honorable, and a heroine who is determined to always do what’s right, not to mention the dark twists that will have your brain working overtime, it’s the perfect story to curl up with on a long weekend!
Looking forward to more novels from this fantastic writer!
- Scottish adorable boy. Who's a rockstar. Julian is so cute--his trains of thoughts amusing, sweet, a little sneaky, fun fun fun. Even when he's being a teenage boy, he's endearing just because it's so obvious he means well.
- Scottish adorable boy *in love*. He's so in love it's lovely. His relationship with Emilie--a girl who's experienced heartbreak--is the stuff fairytales are made off with a sprinkle of spices, because of course there's tension between them, and there's also drama.
- Drama. Drama that moves away from the normal everyday things that could occur between a new couple, because the kind of drama that occurs in here includes the factor that Julian's in the spotlight. It also includes actual murder. The mystery in Moment(s) keeps one's interest the entire time.
- Awesome side characters! The other boys of the band are hilarious. Seriously, this was the funniest pack of boys I've ever read about. My emotions when it came to them were: Want to hug them, want to hang out with them, want to smack them when they were being teenagers (my usual reaction toward teens, really, even when I was one), then go back to hug and hanging out with them. The chemistry between the entire band was top notch, and that was another factor that made the good times between them so successfully written.
Overall: A fast-paced, intriguing read with mystery, intensity and a lot of moments of humor and romance :)
The author has a unique writing style that makes you fall in love with the characters. They were relatable, interesting to read about and had unique voices that kept me going back for more.
The plot gives a new angle on the whole rock band scene, delving deeper into what life is like behind the cameras - the stresses and struggles of dealing with personal problems whilst being in the spotlight. Yet, the unique mystery plot makes this unlike any other book about a rock band you've read. It'll keep you on the edge of your seat and continually guessing.
Definitely glad I bought this and I can't wait for more from this new author :)
The bandmembers had me rolling with their screw-ups, accidental and on purpose. Julian was complete, like a real person with real hangups. The way he waited to meet Emilie for so long made him seem different from other stars in his position, and how long he waited for her to come around. I think they call that a slow burn? Anyways the way him and Emilie came together was realistic but magical enough to feel like a fairytale. Girls would say they ship them, but I just like them together. A lot.
The author must have a Scottish background because she made Julian sound totally Scottish. He was obviously different and I heard his accent in every word I read.
My only problem with the book is that at first it was clean enough, not counting the bandmember's dirty minds, that I thought I'd share it with some of my more "clean" friends. However, the more intense the book got, the more stressed Julian got, the worse his mouth got. I have to take off half a point for that since I saw no reason for him to drop the f-bomb so much. But there's no half points anyway, so there you go.
Oh, if you read past The End there's a chapter from Lisa Terry's next book. It looks just as good as this one. White Star