We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Quality Japanese-quartz movement
- Synthetic-sapphire crystal
- Case diameter: 44.4 mm
- 316l-stainless-steel case; black-sunray dial; date function
- Water-resistant to 1640 feet (500 M)
Momentum's M50 DSS watch for men is designed for superior performance and features water resistance to 1,650 feet, a super-hard sapphire crystal dial window with date magnifier, a black dial, and a sporty, black rubber wristband. This casual, yet chic watch also features luminescent hourly indexes with Arabic numerals at 12, six, and nine o'clock, a date function at three o'clock, and a 44.4-millimeter, stainless steel case with black bezel.
A little out of the ordinary: THE MOMENTUM STORY - celebrating over 30 years of quality watch making
Momentum by St. Moritz Watch Corp. is Vancouver, Canada’s own specialty watch manufacturer. You’ll find our watches all over the world, but we never forget that Vancouver is where we live and play. Inspired by the Coastal Mountain Range and the Pacific Ocean, our products are reliable, functional and surprisingly affordable.
Since 1980, our watch collection has expanded slowly but steadily, based on our reputation for providing customers with unparalleled value for money. Nobody is tougher on watches than SCUBA divers, so it’s no coincidence that we have become particularly well known as a manufacturer of high quality divers’ and watersports watches.
Since the early 1990’s, we’ve focused on our own Momentum® brand, and have become a market leader in the specialty SCUBA market segment, with an unmatched selection of different models, technologies and price-points. Our expertise in waterproof watches has also allowed us to expand rapidly into specialty sports, outdoor and paddle stores, with an emphasis on functional, robust watches that are built to last.
Summary of Features
• Movement: Quartz Analogue with longlife battery system
• Case and dial: ø 44.4 mm
• Unprecedented 10 year battery life
• Hardened Sapphire crystal, that is virtually scratchproof
• The ultimate durable, functional, dive watch.
• Each watch is engineered from a block of 316L stainless steel
• Water resistant to a depth of 500M/1650FT
• Magnified, easy to read date
• Outstanding performance, outstanding style
• Unidirectional bezel
• Big, Bold numbers and indicators with Super Luminova luminous ensures unparalleled legibility, even in the dark
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 2.3 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces
- ASIN: B000PDFRV4
- Item model number: 1M-DV50B1
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 6, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Momentum|
|Dial window material type||Scratch resistant sapphire|
|Case material||Stainless Steel|
|Case diameter||44.4 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||14.67 millimeters|
|Band width||22 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless Steel|
|Special features||Luminous, includes a seconds-hand, Shock resistant, Timer, Water Resistant|
|Water resistant depth||1640 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
Plus points, big , rugged, well made, accurate (so far) and seems to be pretty resilient to scratches.
I was drawn to the looks of the momentum, and the 2 reviews seemed pretty favorable. So far it's not been quite what I expected, but for unexpected reasons. Here in AZ it gets hot.. and the rubber strap is not really working out too well for me as it's a sweat machine. The strap is also rugged enough to have a life of it's own. It will not let the watch sit squarely on my wrist. This is due to the strap being a bit too stiff. It also makes buckling it up tricky.
The other problem is the numerals are shiny, so at some angles you see them and others you don't, so I find myself tipping the thing back and forth to see the time in bright Arizona sun light. As another reviewer pointed out the lens on the date is almost pointless as it works only at a certain angle.
My last minus is the luminous markers are a lot less powerful than the ones on the Seamaster.. granted it cost 1600$, but the "technology" is old by now, so there is no excuse for not painting it on thick.