Mommys Helper Safe Plate Electrical Outlet Covers Standard, White
- Helps protect children from electrical shock
- Sliding outlet covers close automatically
- Energy saving thermoseal gasket included
- Easy operation
- Fits standard outlets
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
To install, just replace the face plate of the outlets with these. They cover the original outlets, so no rewiring is needed. Screws are supplied in case the original screws are too short to accommodate the slightly thicker plates.
There are some flimsy competitive products out there. So I made sure to get sturdy ones. These are pretty sturdy, allowing you to screw them on real tight without cracking or even bending them.
1) The width and height are smaller than the standard outlet cover. While they covered the hole in the wall, they did not cover marks from the prior cover and missing paint so the wall around each outlet cover I replaced would require touch up. I took a chance since other reviewers had already mentioned this and unfortunately I had the same issue.
2) they didn't lay flat against the wall so they could be twisted left and right and it looked bad. while little fingers couldn't get into the space between the plate and the wall, little hands could try to shove stuff down there. Or if they did twist the cover they could turn it enough to create an opening.
3) when trying out a few plugs in the outlet when I'd remove the plug the cover didn't always slide back into place leaving the plug holes exposed. I tried 5 times and 2x the cover didn't fully retract.
This product was easy to install and came with the hardware needed to do so - namely, a longer center screw. Two nice touches: 1) the screw head is painted white so that it blends in with the cover, and 2) the cover comes with a thermal gasket to insulate the wall opening around the socket and hopefully save you energy/money. (Note: if you buy the bulk pack of these, you only get 5 thermal gaskets for the 25 covers. But if you buy the single outlet cover, which is what this review covers, every cover comes with a thermal gasket.) All you need to install your outlet covers is a flat-head screwdriver. One reviewer mentioned having to go to the hardware store to get a longer center screw. Not sure if Mommys Helper has started including a longer screw in response to customer complaints, if this reviewer just didn't notice the included screw, or he got a defective cover. In any case, all of mine came with the necessary hardware.
The product also seems sturdy and to work very well. When the center screw is tightened, it fits firmly against the wall, just like the original outlet cover. The sliding covers snap back very smoothly and quickly when you unplug something. My baby hasn't yet shown an interest in electric outlets, but as well as these covers seem to be designed, I don't see how he'd be able to get to the socket with these covers installed. (I'll update this review as he gets older if he figures out how to circumvent the sliding covers, but I'd be surprised if he did.Read more ›
For Mommys Helper Safe Plate:
Doesn't feel flimsy
Easy to plug in/ unplug items
Easy to install
Included screws fit and match the color of the outlet plate
Slightly more expensive than Safety 1st Swivel Outlet cover
Only replaces single screw outlet covers
Might be slightly easier for toddlers to figure out than swivel covers
I've never heard of Mommys Helper before
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I want these everywhere in my house. Peace of mind, but still so easy to plug in. Cuts down on my time vacuuming.Published 1 day ago by Erik Mahlstedt
Very bulky. Stick out from the wall a little too far. i think they could have been engineered a little thinner.Published 2 days ago by CWYoumans
We bought this to go behind my son's crib since he was trying to pull the outlet plugs out and we were worried he may succeed. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Heather C
I think there should be a disclaimer that these may not work for older outlets. I did not see anything along those lines when we purchased. Read morePublished 29 days ago by AA
The product's width is 2.5 inches. My standard outlet covers are 3 inches wide. This leaves possibly unpainted or rough-finished edges of the socket mounting hole visible.Published 1 month ago by OneFineLady
Easy to install. We had an outlet that was potentially reachable by the baby from inside the crib. Wanted an outlet cover that was all in one and removed the hazard without... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Kelsey & Kevin