Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on March 15, 2016
As a mother of three, I learned quite quickly the importance of outlet plugs. The issue between each child was they would magically disappear out of the outlet never to be seen again. Our youngest is now 15 months old, and a few months ago we decided we needed to re-baby proof the house and searched for these suckers. With no luck, I headed to Amazon to order more. I was astonished at the price of $2.99 for a 36 count. You can't beat that anywhere EVEN with a coupon!
The color of these specific plugs are a mix between clear and off white, and although you can see them plugged in, I don't feel that it is unattractive. Heck, these are a child's safety product, they don't have to be aesthetically pleasing.
My daughter has yet to be able to pull these out, my 4.5 year old can sometimes with a struggle. They fit securely into the outlet and don't come out unless you want them to.
I highly recommend the purchase of these plugs for not only the price, but the durability and effectiveness that we have seen first-hand over the past 4 months. You will not be disappointed!
on January 6, 2018
Some think these are too easy to remove, others think they're to difficult to remove. We've had both experiences, depending on what type of outlet or power strip or other setup we've used it on. Most problematic for us is that the prongs break off easily. Sometimes when we do fight to get it out of a plug, especially if it overlaps another cover on a strip, we'll pull on it unevenly and a prong ends up bent/dangling/broken off. When down to one prong, you can still use it but be extra cautious when removing it next. Getting a prong stuck in the outlet would be difficult to fix without turning off the circuit.
on December 19, 2017
These do the job and are a good price-- BUT they are clear. I thought this was totally fine in the beginning and it was.... until my child could walk and started noticing the plug behind the plastic. If I had to purchase all over again, I would definitely go with a solid white color because it detracts from their interest in what is behind the plastic since you can't see the holes. I definitely have to pull her away from the sockets more than I would like since she can see through them. That said, they do exactly what they are meant to do, so I would recommend.
Top Contributor: Star Warson September 10, 2016
These do what they need to do. I previously purchased two packs of these about 2-3 years ago, and just got another pack as I had a room addition and have more outlets. I'm sure my kids could remove them if they wanted to (4 yrs old and 1yr old), but these aren't meant to replace actual supervision, they're meant to be a deterrent for that moment your kid grabs the fork and starts running towards a wall outlet.
on December 28, 2017
These eill work to protect the socket, are very inexpensive per piece - however there is a design flaw: It's nearly impossible to remove when you want to switch things around. Unless you want yo stiick a metal knife into the electrical socket - joke - PLEASE don't do that due to risk of shock or electrocution!!!
on January 11, 2018
These are the ones to get. They fit tightly and are hard to pull out. Ok, my DIL says the twins figured out how to get every brand of outlet plugs out of electrical outlets. But this is a great brand because they fit tightly, are slim against the outlet so little ones can't pry them away from the outlet plate easily. Just saying, your kid will eventually (and maybe sooner than later) figure out how to pry any outlet cover out of the outlet unless it is physically screwed down. But for outlet plugs, I highly recommend this brand.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 17, 2014
The first time I noticed outlet plugs, I saw various families use these: Safety 1st 36 Pack Secure Press Plug Protectors. However, when it came time for me to do the same for my baby, I went back and read the reviews on the Saftey 1st plugs. Surprisingly, the reviews on that brand/type is absolutely horrible. Lots of people have stated that their child has figured out how to pull them off. I guess when there's a mechanism for pulling it off, you can believe that your child will eventually figure it out.

So that's why I opted to go for the standard flat plugs without any "pull assistance". I ended up choosing this brand due to the cost compared to other brands. I've yet to find any outlet plug that comes close to the cost of these. Most other brands (including Saftey First) are either more expensive or you don't get as many per pack.

These plugs work exactly as expected. Unless you have fingernails (or a screwdriver) to pry them off, they insert nicely and lay flat on over the outlet. I'm pretty sure there's no way my baby will be able to pull these off.

I'm very pleased!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Got these to baby proof the house for a new puppy. These are good for peace of mind with a VERY curious mini-schnauzer pup who can fit behind the DVD 'tower', between the vertical blinds- and search out all things cords and surge protectors :o I'm working on the access issue, but these are great in the meantime.
on March 31, 2016
These are perfect and essential for baby-proofing your home! They fit into all of my outlets (even Tamper Proof ones), they are easy for an adult to put in / take out yet too difficult for a small baby/child to do so. As soon as I saw my son reach for an outlet I knew it was time to plug them up! If you take one out to plug something in just be sure to store it high up on a shelf or something because it is small and could pose a choking hazard. Otherwise it's fabulous and very affordable!
on February 10, 2017
Cheap, gets the job done plugs. I knocked a star of as the aesthetics of the plug guard aren't right. (the plug doesn't exactly cover the outlet the way you'd expect, and this makes it look a little weird).

Aside from that, I'm not worried about my daughters pulling these out any time soon. They are nearly two and very interested in the plugs, but can't seem to figure out the guards.

Would recommend anyone to consider the self closing outlet covers for any spots you typically leave something plugged in. This way if your child pulls out the plug, it will cover the newly opened outlet holes. We used these simple covers for outlets we rarely used and the self-closing units for more commonly used outlets.

Last, don't forget you typically need two of these for every outlet you plan on covering. So in a newer house, you'll burn through them a lot faster than you think!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.