Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moms' Night Out [Blu-ray]
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on May 30, 2014
This is delightful comedy that centers around stressed out super-mom Allyson (Sarah Drew). She conspires with two other stressed out mom's to have a "mom's night out" and to let Sean (Sean Astin) mind the kids along with his single buddy friend Kevin (Kevin Downes). The other two members of the threesome include Sondra (Patricia Heaton), the preacher's wife and Izzy (Faith based film cutie Logan White).

We discover that the ability to walk in heels is not like riding a bike. Both the women and the men are out of their element leading to an over-the-top comic adventure. While the situation approaches unrealistic, the one liners had me in stitches. The plot is cliche and formulaic, but works with the characters and on screen chemistry.

The film has a faith based message and utilizes stars that have been strictly in faith based films. With the help of a few headliners to carry the film, plus a decent script that wasn't bogged down with a faith message, this film was delightful, even to this old atheist cynic.

Trace Adkins played a philosophical biker who tells Allyson and us, after a night of hell, what she apparently needed to know to enjoy life.

Parental Guide: No f-bombs, sex, or nudity.
1414 comments| 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2014
I read some reviews and thought this might be a cute movie to see. I expected all the tired, worn out Mommy jokes that we always hear, but I thought the movie would be OK overall. FROM THE ONSET... I knew that I was in for a GOOD MOVIE! I LAUGHED OUT LOUD it was so funny! I found myself crying so many times through the movie because so much of it was relatable... her struggles as a Mom to please everyone and that constant nagging Mommy guilt... I was amused and surprisingly inspired at the same time. I came out of that theater THOROUGHLY entertained, already pumped to buy the DVD, and feeling REFRESHED and VALIDATED as a Mom. It is a WELL DONE MOVIE on SOOO many levels!!!

Treat yourself.... You deserve it!!! Watch This Movie!!!
11 comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2014
I am not sure I have ever preordered a DVD, particularly before a release date has been set but I plan to order this one. I wasn't sure what to expect from this movie but I enjoyed every minute. If you have ever parented young children you will relate to the humor and if you have ever been a Stay at home mom then you will love it. This is a movie with a faith based message that doesn't sacrifice humor in the mix. It is completely clean but not straightlaced. I went home with a light heart, and renewed energy to take back to my family, Thank you to the producer, director, entire case for making a movie like this, it was desperately needed.
on July 19, 2014
So refreshing to see a movie make fun of the humor of family life and support mothers without bashing men! I was really afraid at first when I took my husband to see it that it would man bash (stupid men can't do anything, women have to do it all and clean up the men's messes, etc.). We both loved it and put it on our must buy list. Not often that we both agree on a movie.
on June 28, 2014
I am that mother who lives in a constant state of chaos. This movie was therapy for me. Within seconds of the movie starting I was laughing until the tears came, and twice during the movie I found myself crying my eyes out. Very few movies can do that for me. Not only could I relate to SO many scenes in this movie, but it helped me to realize that I am not alone and maybe I am not doing such a bad job at being a wife/mom as I so often think I am!! This movie was my therapy. The "speech" from Trace Adkin's character is a go-to for me now whenever I am struggling. I cannot recommend this movie enough.
on July 1, 2014
If you just have to have popcorn, buy the smallest amount because once this movie gets rolling, you will spill the bucket while laughing!

I enjoyed the creative editing as the director worked in tweets, blogs, and flashes of video portraying Allyson's over-active imagination. Allyson's instantaneous, sensational scenarios threatening her family were very recognizable. In our culture, where we are constantly bombarded with warnings of dangerous foods, travel, activities, etc., it's hard to stay balanced. This mom is losing it, and we get to laugh out loud instead of agonizing with her.

But it's not just for Moms--my brother told everyone that HE almost lost it during one of the funniest traffic stops in movie history.

Treat yourself! This is a great night out for YOU!
on June 12, 2014
I love this movie! I laughed, I cried, I walked away feeling inspired. How many movies can you say that about?
on July 5, 2014
LAUGHED OUT LOUD! I have seen this movie twice so far....plan to take others and go again! It is laugh out loud funny without crass, demeaning humor. I have found myself saying some of the lines in the midst of my day - stress-paralyzed- is one of many. The traffic scene will have you rolling. I was a bit nervous when as it started the film stopped and animation was overlayed, but it works. Ally is introducing us to the characters.....great movie for all who just need a good rip-roaring laugh and a dose of hope.
on September 20, 2014
It is a funny move, but some of the scenes trying to find baby Phoenix are too outlandish and bizarre to stay in the mood with.
The stressed Mom who really, really needs a break seems like she sometimes could regain control with a few spankings instead of freaking out so much.
Patricia Heaton's character, the pastor's wife and a mother of a teen, is spot on hilarious.
on December 1, 2014
Disappointed with this movie. I had such high hopes and heard other people say how great it was. It was fine and clean and had a few really sweet moments, but not the laugh out loud funny that I had hoped for. I'll give it a B for being clean and nice enough, but how I wished it had delivered more laughs.