Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 329 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 575 reviews
on July 6, 2013
I almost didn't read this book, but I kept hearing Suze Orman's name, and a few folks I know have made references to her, so I said "Okay, this lady is successful for a reason, so I must have something to benefit by picking up this book". So I stopped everything I was working on stuck my nose into this book. Let me tell you, as I was reading, based on my own experiences with the topic's that Suze talks about, I was ranting and raving to EVERYONE I care about to get this book and read it before I even had a chance to finish reading it all, and now that I have, there isn't enough words I can say about how important it is to understand these things, but I am going to try.

I think it's fair to say that getting money isn't the real battle that most of us encounter, correctly managing what we have and making it grow is the true battle. I have a real passion for financial literacy. EVERYONE should read this book no matter your financial literacy level. Suze breaks down various topics ranging from fico scores, credit debt, retirement accounts, mortgages, investments, and much more, in a every Simple, Easy, and Direct way. I can't think of a single stone she leaves untouched that's financially critical to know from the first day you turned 18.

Financial literacy is IMPORTANT. The financial decisions you make today are either going to help you or haunt you later in life. You owe it to yourself to make sound, informed decisions, and the topics that Suze covers are all things that we all encounter or hear about at some point in the early parts of our adult lives. If you haven't taken the financial plunge, wonderful, Suze's will help you navigate to achieve financial prosperity. If you've already sunk your ship, no worries, Suze lays out precises ways to rebuild and move forward.

What are you waiting for ?!? This book is one of the best investments you will ever make, PERIOD! It only costs a few bucks and you owe it to yourself to be financially successful and knowledgeable, so go get this book and read it NOW !! Don't thank me, I'm just paying it forward and you've been blessed with divine intervention. Best Wishes..
on June 6, 2016
This book is good for answering some questions in a straight-forward manner that does not go so in-depth she loses you. She explains concepts and gives advice as to how and why certain things should be done and what it will mean in time.
on May 5, 2017
Absolutely fantastic book. I rented it from the library, renewed it for a year, and then finally bought my own once I was forced to return the libraries copy!
I am amazed that in high school, nothing is taught on basic financial management.

I wish I had read this when I was in 12th grade (or before). Luckily, I had a descent background in finances, but young people, starting college, often do not have the skills they need to make the right decisions for their future.

Suze explains things in a very easy to read fashion. I bought this book for a couple of late twenty something folks I am friends with. It really opened their eyes, and I watched as I started to see them save more money, and realize they didn't need that $40,000 car.

There is so much more to this book, but it has been written in other reviews. Buy one for a young person and change their life. :)
on June 7, 2017
A great gift for any high school or college graduate. Suzie knows money and how to keep it!
on March 5, 2015
Great book, especially for someone fresh out of college. Cannot stress how awesome it is to not have loan payments every month! Paid off $36k in 18 months with some discipline and downsizing on a take home of $42k/yr and still maxing my ROTH! Traded my $20k sports car for a $4k truck not only paid half my debt, put also lowered my monthly gas and insurance bills! High recommend this book along with "The Millionaire Next Door."
on July 17, 2017
great beginning finance book for my recent college grad son.
on July 21, 2016
Slightly outdated for 2016 but still great, USEFUL advice - presented in an easy, quick to read manner!
on May 21, 2015
Although there was some Information in the book that i found useful, the majority of the book i found myself wondering when the book actually shapes up to something. I felt the book was barely more than Suze Orman relating to past clients of hers and that she feels the pain of being Young, Fabulous and Broke. The organization of the book is uninteresting to me as well. Overall, not bad for the $5.99 i paid for it. But not a book I'd recommend if you're actually looking for a read to help you turn your finances around.
on May 11, 2014
I have bought probably a dozen copies of this book and passed them out to friends and family... really anybody who I think might read a few pages. This book changed my life, it is perfect for anybody looking for a 101 to finances. It explains in plain talk, the importance of interest rates, how interest rates are calculated, and what you can do to affect your rates. The book absolutely doesn't have to be read cover to cover, it is setup so that you can flip to a section of interest read it, get something meaningful quickly, and put it down. Stellar book for those looking for an intro to basic finances.