Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 576 reviews
on May 4, 2012
I read this book a while ago & never got around to writing a review. To cut straight to the chase: DON'T BUY THIS BOOK!!! As I was reading to book I had to repeatedly close it and return to the front cover to make sure the title hadn't changed. If you're confused, what I mean is this book is for the Young, Fabulous, & BROKE w/ BROKE being the keyword. As you're reading the book she CONSTANTLY says "use your credit card" or "get a credit card" or "borrow money" or "use your savings". WHAT?! We're broke Suze! What kind of a financial "expert" (I use that word loosely) tells someone with NO money to borrow money & use credit cards? If you follow this book you will end up in MORE debt than you started with. This book is for silver-spoon fed, rich kids who have nothing to worry about. For the larger portion of us who obviously don't have the luxuries that Suze has, swiping a credit card & dipping into savings isn't even an option for us. Suze is completely out of touch with reality and this book is evidence of that. The ONLY reason this has one star is b/c I had to give it something to post this. I'd rather leave it at ZERO. On top of that I've found out that she has lied about her experience & education which only tells me that she's in this stricly for the money. YOUR money. DON'T GIVE IT TO HER.
on July 1, 2008
want to skip the book? pay off your highest damaging loans asap. if you've done that...get a roth ira.

suze is a moron who's funded by myfico and has no real experience on wall street. if you buy this you fell for a marketing ploy...as i did.
on June 16, 2016
Not nearly as good as they say it is. I didn't even finish it. In fairness, the setup of the book was really cool (questions and answers) but the ideas themselves don't support sound financial decisions (aka, get into more debt).
on August 15, 2016
Paid for a NEW copy of this book. Had I wanted a used copy, I could have gotten one for a substantially lower price. Handwritten note on inside cover read "Wish I had this book when I was your age. Love, Mom" dated 2005.
review image
on January 12, 2015
This book is good for those who know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about money. I bought it because a Facebook friend raved about it. I should have been suspicious because it wasn't a close friend. I feel like all the things listed in the book are either not applicable to me or my circle of friends or just aren't helpful. There's nothing in this book that a simple google search wont answer. Maybe I'm just not the demographic?
on July 10, 2013
She's an awesome person but this book is just no longer with the times. It's a good read if you've never tried working on you finances but thats it. There are much better and up-to-date book you can read, pass on this one. You can thank me later.
on January 27, 2010
I just found that a good portion of the book was aimed at those who are not yet off to college, or just stepping into that age bracket. Also, the info is a bit dated, as she even states 2004. SOOOOO much has changed in our economy since then, that it was hard to say if it would still apply. And a large portion of the book is dedicated to student loans, the other to car and home purchases, all things I have already made. I am not old, but not near that young either (27). The retirement savings may be helpful but............... I do think she is great but would go with another one of her books if you're past the 22 mark, lol.
on January 28, 2010
I bought this book after seeing her on Oprah. I thought that this book would help me figure out my finances, but I felt that it didn't do anything but cause me to waste even more money that I shouldn't have been spending.
on June 2, 2014
I had high hopes for this book, but I must say, it's not teaching good habits. Keep credit cards, pay credit cards, emergency credit card before an emergency cash fund or rainy day fund. Don't budget just skim through your online banking account! I love Suze Orman but it pained me to read this book because as a young adult it seemed to me that Orman was forcing the book to sound hip while pushing out advice about keeping .debt that is a set up for failure.
on June 24, 2017
this is not a book for anyone stuck in a cycle of generational poverty. i was foolish to believe i could take anything away from it.